[FM2012] FMUpdates North American Expansion

magicmastermind124

FMUpdates North American Expansion

FMUpdates.png

You can register on the FMUpdates forum to receive the latest information on our releases. Just click on the logo.

We will always post a direct link to the download on this thread and we will not force you to download through the FMUpdates forum.

v1.0 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

Version 1.0 for FM2012 Default Database ONLY - DOWNLOAD HERE***By downloading this file you agree not to re-release it or host it in its original form, or in any edited form, without first seeking and obtaining our express prior permission - this includes redistribution of this file in 'Megapacks'***

Version 1.0 is compatible with the FM2012 Default Database (12.0.0) and the latest FM2012 Version (12.0.4) only. Later versions will not be supported until tested however minor versions will usually be fine.

***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FILE HAS BEEN CREATED IN THE ADVANCED EDITOR THEREFORE SPORTS INTERACTIVE OFFER NO SUPPORT FOR GAMERS WHO DOWNLOAD AND USE THIS FILE - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT ANY ISSUES INVOLVING YOUR GAME WITH THIS FILE IN THE SI BUGS FORUMS***

See the bottom of this post for the complete changelist.

North American Expansion League Activation **PLEASE READ & FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS**

1. Extract the .dbc file "v1.0 FMUpdates FM2012 North American Expansion (USA)" to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data folder in your My Documents (PC) / Documents (MAC) folder. If there is no 'editor data' folder then please create one and copy the folder into it.

2. Load FM2012

3. Select ‘Preferences’ and go to the ‘Display/Sound’ tab. UNTICK use skin cache. TICK ‘Always Reload Skin on Confirm’

4. When completed, leave preferences and ‘Start A New Game’

5. In the dialog window that pops up, TICK the change box.

6. Select the LATEST file (v1.0) in the list, if not already. Deselect ALL OLD VERSIONS!

7. Start a new game as normal, selecting FM2012 defeault database and all playable USA leagues.

8. Select 'Add Key Staff' and 'Add Key Players to Active Teams'.

9. Ensure 'Use Real Fixtures When Available' is ticked.

10. Select 'Custom Database' and ensure you add 'Load All Players Based in USA'

This file is not save game compatible and requires a new game to be started.

You may experience issues because you are loading other editor .xml or .dbc files that are causing a conflict. If you are having problems then please:

1. Delete everything in the 'editor data' folder.

2. Download the latest v1.0 file

3. Extract the .dbc v1.0 FMU FM2012 North American Expansion (USA) file to the 'editor data' folder

4. Start a new game as per the league activation instructions

FAQ

* What does this release do?

We have worked on expanding North America and we are ready to bring to you more leagues and cups in the USA.

* Will you be adding more leagues in the future from other countries in North America?

We may work on more nations in the future but for now our concentration is on ensuring what has been released is of a very high standard before moving on to other leagues.

* Why do I need to add All Key Staff?

I recommend you tick 'Add key staff'. That way all the staff you need, i.e. a physio and assistant manager will be generated for the clubs where there is not one set in the database.

* Is this release compatible with my save game?

As with all other editor data files, this release is not save game compatible.

* I didn't load up one of the Nations when starting the game, can I use the Add/Remove League feature to put it into my game?

The Add/Remove League feature is compatible with this release.

* Are you planning on providing a data update for these teams so they have the correct players and staff etc?

This is not a player data update, no players have been added or their stats amended and I have no intention of adding this information.

* Is this release compatible with your other releases e.g. the England Levels 7&8 release?

These have not been tested as of yet and are therefore unsupported when in use together. We will test these two files in the near future.

* There's something wrong with your file/I'd like to help you with the North American Expansion, where do I go?

If you want to help with this project and others please check out FMUpdates.com.

Finally, Please Note:

By downloading this file you agree to not re-release it or host it in its original form, or in any edited form, without first seeking and obtaining express prior permission from FMUpdates.com - this includes redistribution of this file in 'Megapacks'. Please PM me if you wish to discuss link the download to your site.

Changelist:

Version 1.0 | Released 5th December 2011

v1.0 - Added North American Soccer League
v1.0 - Added United Soccer Leagues Professional Division
v1.0 - Added United Soccer Leagues Premier Development League
v1.0 - Added National Premier Soccer League
v1.0 - Added Southern Premier Soccer League
v1.0 - Added US Soccer Development Academy League
v1.0 - Added Generation Adidas U-17 Cup
v1.0 - Added Hawaiian Islands Invitational

Known Issues:

Version 1.0 | Released 5th December 2011
v1.0 - The age restrictions rules do not seem to be working for domestic divisions. Therefore PDL teams will be able to sign more than 8 over-23 players. I've tried every workaround I can think of but to no avail.
v1.0 - The hosts for the US Open Cup final, the US Soccer Development Academy playoffs, and the Generation Adidas Cup do not function as they should. I've had the game select the host from one of the teams involved in the competition, but it seems to always pick the same host.

Future Plans:

NCAA: Would like to add the NCAA to the mix, but this is a lot of work so considerable help would be needed for this.

Preseason Tournaments: I would like to add some of these, like the Carolina Challenge Cup and the Walt Disney Pro Soccer Classic.

World Football Challenge: Would be really cool to get this in, bringing in some of the big Euro clubs. Might get to work on that soon.

OK. Can I use both of them together, or would that mess up my game?

Modelcitizen uploaded a new file (USA 1.1) in that other topic, which is a USA league file that is needed for the other files to work, if I am correct.

As one of the people who did a fantasy US update, I have to say this looks good. I just don't like how rigid the US structure is, and how there is no promotion/relegation. Have you found a way to rotate cup games and finals into different stadiums that aren't the size of a shoebox? If so, would you be willing to share how?

I managed to keep the from staging matches at tiny stadiums by setting the competition to host the final (or the entire tournament as in the case of the Academy league playoffs and Generation Adidas Cup) by having it pick a stadium from one of the participating club. The problem seems to be that it only selects the largest stadium available, which of course will be the same one every season. For the US Open Cup what I might do in a future release is just pick a specific stadium or allow one of the finalists to host.

Another affiliation thing, Ft. Lauderdale Strikers have an affiliation with Estoril Praia in the Portugese First Division where they send players on loan there

Also the Central Florida Kraze are now called Orlando City u-23s and are Orlando City's u-23 team as the name implies

Do you have a link? Are there are any other benefits from the affiliation?
There's no money involved but its due to them both being part of the Traffic Sports Group

Heres an article about Bryan Arguez going on loan to Estoril while playing for Ft. Lauderdale/Miami FC: http://www.yanks-abroad.com/get.php?mode=content&id=5706

Also the Michigan Bucks are affiliates of the Colombus Crew and send players there for training as well as having a yearly friendly

They might be able to send players for training but I don't believe that Columbus can loan players to Michigan as the PDL is an amateur league. I did find some information on the link though.

Michigan sends players to Columbus

OK. Can I use both of them together, or would that mess up my game?

Modelcitizen uploaded a new file (USA 1.1) in that other topic, which is a USA league file that is needed for the other files to work, if I am correct.

This is REAL American lower system, as accurate as possible. Not fantasy as other releases.

:)

So's my USA 1.1, it has accurate competition structures for all 4 top divisions (though USL and PDL playoffs might be off), complete with accurate sub rules, foreigner rules, age limits etc (lots of weird roster rules in div 3 and 4). I'll enter the affiliation info Poop describes now too. Good to see there's a committed group of editors here, you should join us at FMNorthAmerica.com if you haven't already!

So's my USA 1.1, it has accurate competition structures for all 4 top divisions (though USL and PDL playoffs might be off), complete with accurate sub rules, foreigner rules, age limits etc (lots of weird roster rules in div 3 and 4). I'll enter the affiliation info Poop describes now too. Good to see there's a committed group of editors here, you should join us at FMNorthAmerica.com if you haven't already!

I've looked over your file, and it was created with the basic editor which means there are several limitations that make the structure inaccurate. For example, your USL Pro is a single table, whereas in real life it is split into two divisions. My file represents this, as well as the 24-game schedule with inter-divisional play, which is impossible with the basic editor.

Also, your PDL reshuffles the teams in each division every year, and the schedule and playoffs are inaccurate. In real life, Every division plays 16 games regardless of size. In your file the Northeast Division would only play 8 games. The 4 conference, 20 team playoff format is accurately represented in my file.

Your NASL playoffs also dont reflect the fact that the first round is a one-leg playoff, which mine does. The only glaring inaccuracy with my file is that the advanced editor is fighting me on the age restrictions for some unknown reason. Substitution and foreigner rules are correct. Our file seeks to accurately represent the format of each competition, which it does for the most part.

The stadium thing is annoying, so I just put the cup final in the "national stadium" which is the Rose Bowl (hate that, especially since that place is so dilapidated and out of date now). I just wish I could use the same technique the game uses to schedule games for the US team, which seems to just go to random large stadiums across the US.

I haven't dug into the advanced editor as well, as I would have to blow up and re-create what I have, which would be alot of work, especially with the club edits I have made. If I could do it easily, I'd love to split the MLS into two divisions, etc. I am going to take an editing break now, however, and just have some fun playing the game for a while! Go MILWAUKEE BAVARIANS!

You wouldn't lose the database changes you've made, just the nation rules you've created for the USA. If you wanted to use the advanced rules, you would just have to delete your nation rules and start with the advanced panels - all the clubs, kits, stadiums, et cetera, would still be there.

Just make sure you follow the instructions at the beginning of the advanced rules thread, since you need to make certain changes to the xml file to get it to work in the advanced panel.

I've looked over your file, and it was created with the basic editor which means there are several limitations that make the structure inaccurate. For example, your USL Pro is a single table, whereas in real life it is split into two divisions. My file represents this, as well as the 24-game schedule with inter-divisional play, which is impossible with the basic editor.

Also, your PDL reshuffles the teams in each division every year, and the schedule and playoffs are inaccurate. In real life, Every division plays 16 games regardless of size. In your file the Northeast Division would only play 8 games. The 4 conference, 20 team playoff format is accurately represented in my file.

Your NASL playoffs also dont reflect the fact that the first round is a one-leg playoff, which mine does. The only glaring inaccuracy with my file is that the advanced editor is fighting me on the age restrictions for some unknown reason. Substitution and foreigner rules are correct. Our file seeks to accurately represent the format of each competition, which it does for the most part.

Ah, thanks for the clarity. I've since fixed the USA problem with reshuffling PDL conferences, that can be done under the "regional divisions" tab. The USL Pro had a weird 2011 season with the Puerto Rican teams leaving and the league being reshuffled halfway through, so I don't know that ANY db on here can be considered completely realistic in that regard. I'll also make the PDL schedule slightly more balanced by giving different conferences more games -- however, I know that the basic editor has certain limitations that can't be overcome, it will work for me though.

I actually tried changing the regional divisions in the basic editor and it doesn't seem that there is anyway to stop the PDL from reshuffling with the basic editor. I ran a test season with your 1.1 file and it still reshuffled.

And that's true about the USL Pro, there is no way to recreate exactly the 2011 season. But our file is as close as conceivably possible.

I actually tried changing the regional divisions in the basic editor and it doesn't seem that there is anyway to stop the PDL from reshuffling with the basic editor. I ran a test season with your 1.1 file and it still reshuffled.

And that's true about the USL Pro, there is no way to recreate exactly the 2011 season. But our file is as close as conceivably possible.

Excellent. Shame about the divisions, that worked in the last game. That may actually be a dealbreaker for me in terms of enabling the PDL or not in my career game... though if the game doesn't factor in travel costs/time then it won't really matter

The regional issue is the reason I changed the PDL and NPSL from having really specific regions (Northeast, Southeast, etc), to a more generic EAST DIVISION ONE, WEST DIVISION ONE type of structure, splitting on a west/east boundery (in my case Kansas City). It is keeping silly things like an LA team playing in a Northeast division, when things reshuffle. Sorry this doesn't help you guys with your realistic stuff. Good luck figuring it out though!

Theres two Jared vanShaiks on Puerto Rico Islanders and his real name is Jared VanSchaik

This is how it is in the original database, and you should know where to report these kinds of issues to.

If you keep running our release down I won't hesitate to report you. It's not like any of us are doing the same for any other release.

This is how it is in the original database, and you should know where to report these kinds of issues to.

If you keep running our release down I won't hesitate to report you. It's not like any of us are doing the same for any other release.

Calm down assclown just trying to point out stuff so they can be fixed for the betterment of the file

We don't touch players, we just want a real life league system as explained in our FAQ.
I wasn't aware because it appeared like it was just added because someone overlooked the database and error assumed that he wasn't in there

No need to be a dick about it

Yea, it should be noted that only when it was unavoidable did I touch the data. For example, the PDL club BYU was removed from the database this year due to their association with an NCAA university. SI feared some licensing backlash because the NCAA actively guards their brand. So I recreated them but added no staff or players. We want this file to be compatible with future DB patches and hopefully versions of the game, and I don't know what knock-on effect there would be if I go messing with the players.

I appreciate your effort though poop, the only thing I would say is to make note of the changes, report them, and create a separate DB edit yourself that fixes them until the patch.

I think someone made a very good NCAA file for FM11 that you should have a look at (made by paulhagerty - I think). It's not totally realistic but it's one of the best ones I've found to date.

I did look at his file. I can do the structure myself, the most work would come with creating the clubs. Even if I could isolate the data from his creating the clubs (which I have no idea how to do), I would have to get his permission to include them in the file and he to date has not answered a PM I sent him 2 months ago. It doesn't appear he is active in the community anymore.

I have an Estonian team, without a name, in one of the PDL leagues...

Clicking on it's division shows another one, and now they both are in an Estonian division.

Hopefully it isn't happening when I load another Estonia file.

I did look at his file. I can do the structure myself, the most work would come with creating the clubs. Even if I could isolate the data from his creating the clubs (which I have no idea how to do), I would have to get his permission to include them in the file and he to date has not answered a PM I sent him 2 months ago. It doesn't appear he is active in the community anymore.

I don't think he's coming back tbf...had a go with the editor about expanding down to the NCAA level but it's just wayyy too confusing for me.

Archived