Caribbean Cup and NACL

Suede2

I've created the Domestic Leagues for the British Virgin Islands, and everytime I look at the Advanced Rules I get very confused. :)

Technically what currently happens is that the Winner of the Domestic League gets invited to the CFU Club Championship which invites the league winners of approx 30 nations, although not all of them accept the invitation. They then play down to 2 Semi Finals of which 1st, 2nd and 3rd get invited to the North American Champions League. Is it possible to replicate this in the Editor, and if not how do I make the winner of the BVI League I've just created get invited to the 1st round of the NACL instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, Now I'm just being thick. I've loaded a couple of the created leagues on the forum, but I can never see any of the advanced rules etc. I'm loading the Database, then I load the file I wish to look at. I can view the basic league details, but never the advanced rules. When I click on File, then List there is nothing underneath it.

So what am I doing wrong?

I sat there, I looked at it and then I failed. Failed miserably, it's just way out of my league. If there was some sort of guide, maybe I'd attempt it again but this is the first time I've ever really looked at the editor and what it can do.

will try and set these up in the next couple of days time allowing-

managed it in FM11 by changing the NACL in the advanced editor, and creating the Carribbean Cup in the normal editor (though had to add a group stage at the end to get the third team, as no option for third place play off)

Okay, here is the Concacaf Champions League amended in the advanced editor so the top three Caribbean Club Championship teams qualify;

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20948332/Concacaf+CL.zip

(Only problem is I can't get the Belize champions or the third placed Honduran team entering, and instead a fifth Mexican team takes the last place. However I don't want to mess with the Mexican teams qualification, as I don't know how to select winners/runners up from opening and closing phase. I suspect that may be hard coded)

I'll leave you to set up your own Caribbean Club Championship, it should be quite easy using the Continental rules in the standard editor.

Just remember to have a group stage as the final round if you want the third place team qualifying for the Concacaf Champions League, as I don't think third place playoffs can be set up. Otherwise only the top 2 Caribbean teams will qualify, and you will get a sixth Mexican team.

Don't the league systems for the smaller nations in the Club Championship need to be created though?

Not necessarily.

And at the topic starter: I'll be making this structure when I get around to doing so. I've already remade all existing comps, I just need to make the NACL and Caribbean Cup now.

Don't the league systems for the smaller nations in the Club Championship need to be created though?

By Club Championship, do you mean the Caribbean Club Championship?

If so, then no when using the continental rules rather than the advanced rules.

I tried to post an image from my version on the old FM11 editor but I can't for some reason...

Anyway, basically, set up continental rules for north america and you should see the following options on the left:

General

Nations

Teams

Cups

In the Nations tab simply select all the nations you want teams to qualify from (they will all be given a number from 1 downwards)

In the teams tab you should get the following options along the top:

Type; Number; First Nation; Last Nation; Qualified competition; Seeding to give teams;

For Type enter 'top division teams' and match first nation and last nation to the numbers allocated in the nations tab to get the required number of teams from each nation.

(You can also use type 'Last winner' to get the holders qualifying automatically)

For Qualified competition select Caribbean club championship

If you want to also add seedings, that should be self explanatory.

Then in the Cup tab, add Caribbean club championship and set up the rules under stages like you would for any other championship

Once you have done this, load up with my file selected too, and you should see the Caribbean club Championship feeding into the concacaf Champions league

Not necessarily.

And at the topic starter: I'll be making this structure when I get around to doing so. I've already remade all existing comps, I just need to make the NACL and Caribbean Cup now.

Feel free to add the NACL file I have created to your comps- if you want to fiddle with it and can manage to stop the fifth place Mexican team qualifying instead of the Belize/Honuran team all the better.

How do I add the last winner of a competition I've created under Nation Rules. Obviously it needs to be loaded, but as soon as I do it it loses the Continental Rules I'm creating.

And yes I meant the Caribbean Club Competition.

Ok, I officially give up. I've been trying for about two hours just to try and get something that will work, purely so my other created league which is fine can make it to the NACL and I keep getting an error message when testing the rules that I just can't work out.

Number of teams in Second Round in Caribbean Club Championship should be divisible by 2.

It is, there are 8 teams playing 1 round of matches to get to the last group of 4 teams.

How do I add the last winner of a competition I've created under Nation Rules. Obviously it needs to be loaded, but as soon as I do it it loses the Continental Rules I'm creating.

And yes I meant the Caribbean Club Competition.

You don't need to add a last winner!- just select 'top division teams' and choose the nation in which you have created the competition. The champions of that competition will automatically be picked by the continental competition.

...I think I confused when I wrote this:

(You can also use type 'Last winner' to get the enters qualifying automatically)

I meant last winner to get the holders to qualify automatically...sorry, mistype, will change my original post.

Ok, I officially give up. I've been trying for about two hours just to try and get something that will work, purely so my other created league which is fine can make it to the NACL and I keep getting an error message when testing the rules that I just can't work out.

Number of teams in Second Round in Caribbean Club Championship should be divisible by 2.

It is, there are 8 teams playing 1 round of matches to get to the last group of 4 teams.

Check again, you must have made a miscalculation somewhere-

can understand how frustrating it is when things don't appear to be working, but don't give up! :)

I created one for FM11 with the basic editor:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/fmnorthamerica/index.php?showtopic=284

The Caribbean clubs played in knockout qualifying to produce 3 winners (like the old Intertoto Cup), who advanced to the next qualifying stage (realistic from there on in). Dates had to be tweaked a bit and I encountered some weird bugs as detailed in that thread.

For some reason, it seems to think there are 9 teams in the 3rd knockout round, which there aren't.

I've decided to change it to:-

24 Teams

Preliminary round of 16 teams, 8 go through.

First Round of 16 teams, 8 from Prelim and remaining 8 of the 24 starters.

Second Round 8 Teams

Final League of 4 teams playing each other once.

Then I'm using an NACL that was created by JBZ which is set to have the top 3 teams qualify.

Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Sorry, one more question. In the Teams tab, I've got Type as "National Top Division Teams". What needs to go in to the Qualified Competition Field?

For some reason, it seems to think there are 9 teams in the 3rd knockout round, which there aren't.

24 Teams

Second Round 8 Teams

Then I'm using an NACL that was created by JBZ which is set to have the top 3 teams qualify.

I've noticed particularly when converting files from FM2011 to FM2012 it will say there is a certain number of teams when there isn't

Sometimes I fixed it by just erasing all the numbers for the round or league in question and re-typing it in

24 Teams

Second Round 8 Teams

Sorry, one more question. In the Teams tab, I've got Type as "National Top Division Teams". What needs to go in to the Qualified Competition Field?

In Qualified Competition, put the Caribbean Nations Cup competition- that should solve your other problem too, as your set-up looks ok to me-check though that the teams tab is giving you a total of 24 teams, maybe you were getting 9 teams instead of 8 before because you forgot to take into account the holders automatically qualifying?

Okay-

1) Teams: you only have 23 from Nation Top Division, add back Last winner CFU Cl ub Championship to get back to 24

2) Preliminary Round: change number of matches to 8 from 1- if there are 16 teams, there must be 8 matches in total

3) First round: change no. of matches to 8 from 1 as above- change no. of teams starting at this stage to 8 from 16, otherwise you will end up with too many teams (8 from the last round plus 16)

4) second round: change no. of matches to 4 from 1 as above (you might also want to add some match rules to settle drawn games, e.g. penalties). Untick number of teams starting at this stage, as you already have your full quota of 24 teams entered.

5) final: untick no. of teams starting at this stage as above. remove 2 of the 5 dates, as there should only be 3.

Voila, it should then work

Lol. That's a lot of stuff.

1. I did try the 23 + winner before I saved it. Didn't realise I''d taken it out.

2. Didn't think of that.

3. Same again

4. And again :)

5. Thanks.

Now I've been shown my stupidity I shall leave with my head held low and try this tomorrow as I'm out tonight. Thanks though, I really appreciate your help. Well let you know.

"Add last winner" then CFU Championship. Then you can add the runner-up and third placed teams.
But I can't open your file int he editor because its the advanced editor, though I have the advanced editor downloaded

Okay, here is the Concacaf Champions League amended in the advanced editor so the top three Caribbean Club Championship teams qualify;

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20948332/Concacaf+CL.zip

(Only problem is I can't get the Belize champions or the third placed Honduran team entering, and instead a fifth Mexican team takes the last place. However I don't want to mess with the Mexican teams qualification, as I don't know how to select winners/runners up from opening and closing phase. I suspect that may be hard coded)

I take a look. The problem is that the Belize Premier league has not an history setted, so the game can't get the last winner of this competition for the year 2010, and it is the same problem for the league of Honduras because only the first two teams of the 2010 championship are registered and there isn't a third classified team for the year 2010. If you edit the history of Belize premier league and you set the 2010 champion, it will probably work.

if I remember correctly, if there isn't a history set then it would take the highest reputation teams

This is the reason because a mexican team enter instead of the belizan champion, or the third classified team from honduras. I think also to set "get qualified team from competition", with the nation set to Belize, instead of "get last winner of competition" can work, but I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I'm doing some work in the basic editor to try and create this like last year (see above post). Encountering some of the same problems.

I put Antigua Barracuda and Bermuda Hogges in, to get the seeding right I changed their nationalities and am using a custom US db with USL Pro and PDL as "secondary divisions" to allow for the multiple nationalities in the league. I'm also using custom Canadian and Puerto Rican DBs (Canadian qualification might be a year delayed otherwise). Unfortunately, in some years the game pulls 2 other Bermuda teams instead.

If we can get this working, it will vastly improve any North American career game and make playing with teams like Puerto Rico worth it.

Just need to do some testing to make sure everything works.

Did some work on that db in the last post -- keeps crashing sometime in 2014 though after working fine for a few seasons. What is it about this date, I think its trying to pull teams for the 2014/15 tournament, that makes it crash?

Any help on this would be appreciated -- I feel we're very close to a working db, even if its a simple one like this with the basic editor. Any career game in North America will be vastly improved if we can get it working...

I take a look. The problem is that the Belize Premier league has not an history setted, so the game can't get the last winner of this competition for the year 2010, and it is the same problem for the league of Honduras because only the first two teams of the 2010 championship are registered and there isn't a third classified team for the year 2010. If you edit the history of Belize premier league and you set the 2010 champion, it will probably work.

Interesting, thanks :thup:

if someone is interested in playing the US Virgin Islands league ive made a .dbc for it. its not exactly how the league is in real life but i tried my best from what i could find online about the league. ive also made a cup competition. beware ive set the prize money for comps at like 800,000 pounds. i do this so that ive got money to improve training facilities and so on in game, sorry if that annoys you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zq3hgkagg6p2q6k

also, if you guys have any suggestions on how to improve it i'll consider going back into editor and update it.

if someone is interested in playing the US Virgin Islands league ive made a .dbc for it. its not exactly how the league is in real life but i tried my best from what i could find online about the league. ive also made a cup competition. beware ive set the prize money for comps at like 800,000 pounds. i do this so that ive got money to improve training facilities and so on in game, sorry if that annoys you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zq3hgkagg6p2q6k

also, if you guys have any suggestions on how to improve it i'll consider going back into editor and update it.

If someone wants to give it a shot with the North American db I posted a few posts up, it should qualify the top two teams to the CONCACAF Champs League early rounds (doubling as CFU Club Championship in that db).... I'd give it a go but I've been staring at this game/editor for too long today, need some rest! My North American db keeps crashing when it tries to update in 2014, any idea what could be causing the issue? Here's the US db I used with it to allow Bermuda and Antigua clubs to have their country's nationality instead of US

Archived