How long do you stay at a club, 6+ year version...

How many years do you stay at a club normally?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How many years do you stay at a club normally?

• 1 year or less
    • 1-2 years
    • 2-4 years
    • 4-8 years
    • 8-16 years
    • 16-32 years
    • 32-64 years
    • 64-128 years
    • 128+ years
    • OVER 9000!

I picked 32-64 years purely because i have never done any longer, i would stay at a club indefinitely, especially since i can keep the game interesting using FMRTE (not needed to so far this year but im sure the time will come).

But that is only with Aberdeen, any other team i get bored after 5/6 years and either go back to my dons game or try and get another job in the save im playing.

Also, in case anyone is interested. For those who vote for the 'OVER 9000!' option, considering that a year has 8766 hours in it this would mean that you'd need to go at faster than a year an hour. Actually, it would be a year every 58:26.4 minutes. This seems unlikely.

Also, in case anyone is interested. For those who vote for the 'OVER 9000!' option, considering that a year has 8766 hours in it this would mean that you'd need to go at faster than a year an hour. Actually, it would be a year every 58:26.4 minutes. This seems unlikely.

What if people are still playing CM01/02?

The 10 to 15 year mark is where I normally start getting bored, but I do go longer quite often as well.

My general pattern is:

- Take English club to world domination - 10-15 years

- Move to another large European club and try to make a name for myself - 2-5 years

- Move back to England a take over a struggling giant in either the Championship or Premiership

I'm I do an LLM game I do tend to stay with one club.

I enjoy starting up a new club & getting them organised; giving them some sort of success, so much I get bored when I have managed them for more than 2/3 years.

I almost never turn down an approach for a job elsewhere, unless it's from Derby County of course!

What if people are still playing CM01/02?

Let's say that they were. Let's call our friendly CM01/02 player Herbert. If they were to muster say... a game every 10 minutes, so 6 games an hour, in a league with 50 games a season including cup games, then they could get a season in every 8:20 hours (hours:minutes). Say they had absolutely no life beyond football manager and played it for 18 hours a day with the remaining 6 for them to attain sustenance and rest their eyes, then they could manage 2.16 years per day.

With that in mind then we could then use the fact that CM01/02 was released on the 12th of October 2001 and today being the 2nd of December 2011 then our friend Herbert, if he has stayed on this schedule, would today be upto his 7999th year in charge. In fact, assuming he started his game on July the 1st 2001 (game date), then he'd be on the 23rd of December in the year 9,999 at the start of today. In fact, our friendly time traveller would reach his goal of 9000 on the 9th of March 2013. Good luck Herbert, we salute you!

Brilliant post Some Guy!

I vote 4-8 yrs. Usually pick a small hungarian team (second division) and try to climb to stardom, meanwhile always hoping Salgótarján will promote somehow to league 2, so I can take over. Once I have high enough reputation then off to R.Madrid.

Ask me how many times I've succeeded? Well. Not once. Yet. But in FM2012 I'll do it... I just have to (if I don't get relegated in the meantime)

Archived