Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done it twice now. The first time was coming back from Bournemouth away. I booked two days off for that game which was good in a way as I didn't get to sleep until about 2:30am. On Tuesday I'm off to Wigan and I've only booked a half day for the day of the game. I don't mind as normally I can get an hour of broken sleep coming back and going there.

Lucky you i say NF. I have tried to get back into a European football mindset in recent weeks. Unfortunately the daylight savings issue has reared its head. Suffice to say my wife will be watching crap while I seethe in the corner.

I quite fancied going to St. Mary's tomorrow to watch Saints Q.P.R. to see my new Fantasy Premier League signing Graziano Pellè rack me up a few points.

However, my wife complained about how she's looked after the kids all week (even though one has now started school, so she at least gets 6-7 hours a day of just one) so I (kindly) backed down.

What's she doing on Sunday? Going shopping all day in Southampton with a friend :mad: Women just never accept that going to work 9-5 to pay the bills and pay for them to go shopping actually involves effort :seagull:

As a result, I'm definitely going to see Saints a few times before the end of the season just to be a stubborn git.

I don't have kids, I can (generally) do what I want. I win. Y'know, except go to European games this season, but that's nothing to do with the Mrs. :(

Also she keeps booking holidays when we've got loads of games. (Missed seven last season that I'd have been at had it not for being away, eight if you include a League Cup game at Stoke I may have gone to). Thankfully the holiday we have in October means I'll only miss our game away at West Brom.

My wife has this bizzare need to go on holiday when it is winter in the respective country/countries we are visiting. This year around February we were discussing visiting my family back in Scotland. I put my foot down and convinced her, after about a week, that we were going in summer. About 3 days after this she told me she would reallllyy like to go in winter. I gave up at this point and accepted i'll never have a summer holiday again.

She also keeps changing the Itinerary. So instead of 2 weeks in Scotland and a few days in London which was the initial plan. We are now spending 3 days in Hong Kong, 7 days in Munich/Nuremberg, 2 weeks in Scotland, 3 days in London and 10 days in New York. I might need to remortgage the house the way she is going.

I don't have kids, I can (generally) do what I want. I win. Y'know, except go to European games this season, but that's nothing to do with the Mrs. :(

Also she keeps booking holidays when we've got loads of games. (Missed seven last season that I'd have been at had it not for being away, eight if you include a League Cup game at Stoke I may have gone to). Thankfully the holiday we have in October means I'll only miss our game away at West Brom.

Thought you'd split up with your Mrs, tom? Or am I getting confused with someone else?

I'm off on a Stag Do from this Friday afternoon - canal boating :eek:

After initially taking the **** out of the best man for what sounds like a **** idea, he insists it's basically a pub crawl on a boat where you pull up in a pub garden every few metres, hop off and get a pint.

My wife, such is her faith in me, is convinced that I'm going to get injured in some way "because you're an idiot". :D

I still think it's a **** idea, as you'll see below - we're doing this bit :(

• 2 weeks later...