I can't atract the interest of top clubs, despite i won 3 champions leagues...

Hey guys,

I have the 11.1.1 patch, I'm in 3rd season with benfica and won everything at all times (with a few restarts, I confess!). At the end of the 2nd season took place as coach of England. However, applying myself to places in clubs like barcelona, milan, valencia, at. madrid, etc.. they laugh at my interest and I never select, despite starting with experience of international football ... Is it a bug?? In previous fms was always the colossi in the leg just 2nd season, now clubs like Valencia and Madrid laugh my interest... I am wondering, does anyone have similar problem?

Strange, I got offers from big clubs (Inter, AC, Atletico... a couple of others as well for sure) in my first season in the PL after getting QPR promoted. And in the following season or two after a good run in the league & cup. Or could it be the not entirely difficult feat of promotion being worth tons of brownie points for the AI teams?

Strange, I got offers from big clubs (Inter, AC, Atletico... a couple of others as well for sure) in my first season in the PL after getting QPR promoted. And in the following season or two after a good run in the league & cup. Or could it be the not entirely difficult feat of promotion being worth tons of brownie points for the AI teams?

Did you have the latest patch installed? It's the dvd version?

Yes and yes. Now I wasn't bombarded by the big clubs but I definitely got around, say, half a dozen or maybe more big club offers in the past, mhm, two or three seasons I guess? There might have even been a City one with their favorite pastime of sacking managers, though I'm not 100 % sure.

how long have you got left on your current contract and how much are you on a week? maybe the clubs don't want to shell out a whole load of money if your current club have you employed rather securely when there may be other similarly or slightly lesser qualified managers who would cost less.

could try resigning and then applying at clubs?

Yes and yes. Now I wasn't bombarded by the big clubs but I definitely got around, say, half a dozen or maybe more big club offers in the past, mhm, two or three seasons I guess? There might have even been a City one with their favorite pastime of sacking managers, though I'm not 100 % sure.

What level of experience you have chosen when you create your manager?

how long have you got left on your current contract and how much are you on a week? maybe the clubs don't want to shell out a whole load of money if your current club have you employed rather securely when there may be other similarly or slightly lesser qualified managers who would cost less.

could try resigning and then applying at clubs?

i only renew contracts for a year...

Dynamic League Rep may be having a role here.

Portugal isn't considered a top league so perhaps the three CL wins has not yet elevated the overall value of winning the Portuguese league and thus means that your reputation isn't increasing as much as if you'd won it with, say, Real Madrid.

Or maybe not. Just one possible reason! Either way it's wrong, as it's one hell of a personal achievement that would make you one ofthe games greats.

Backed this up with what you said actually...

Semi-Pro

My rep is currently regional and "talented young manager"

thou I thought after 4 titles, I might get some love?

I think the game isn't "valuing" your achievements properly as you're in Portugal.

Portugal isn't considered a top league so perhaps the three CL wins has not yet elevated the overall value of winning the Portuguese league and thus means that your reputation isn't increasing as much as if you'd won it with, say, Real Madrid.

Or maybe not. Just one possible reason! Either way it's wrong, as it's one hell of a personal achievement that would make you one ofthe games greats.

I think the game isn't "valuing" your achievements properly as you're in Portugal.

Could be that, thank you, i have to start a game in a bigger league to see if it's that!

Could be that, thank you, i have to start a game in a bigger league to see if it's that!

Well, you shouldn't have to really, as if that is the real reason then it's an outright bug. If anything, winning the Champions League in a poor division should be worth more to your personal reputation than if you did it with Real Madrid!

you've had a couple of good seasons. managers like ancelotti, wenger, etc have been managing for years and will also have high reputations so they pip you by experience

Same as Mourinho though. He won everything in two seasons as Porto manager and got offered the Chelsea job.

I myself won everything with Hibs, including a Euro Cup, and could only get offered a Championship club. Something doesn't really seem right.

Same as Mourinho though. He won everything in two seasons as Porto manager and got offered the Chelsea job.

I myself won everything with Hibs, including a Euro Cup, and could only get offered a Championship club. Something doesn't really seem right.

seems like a bug!

I started at Berwick Rangers as a Sunday league player and now in my 4th season I'm sitting 3rd in Division 1 with 2 league titles and 1 Challenge Cup success. I'm being laughed off when linking myself to Hibs, Motherwell & Cardiff City.

In my history it says 2 league wins and a cup win but doesn't say I have any promotions. I'm in year to year contracts I was listed as talented manager but now it's media shy. I've also won 2 managers of the year.

Getting a bit annoying, struggling to attract even semi decent players to the club too including youngsters from SPL clubs on loan. Grr.

I started at Berwick Rangers as a Sunday league player and now in my 4th season I'm sitting 3rd in Division 1 with 2 league titles and 1 Challenge Cup success. I'm being laughed off when linking myself to Hibs, Motherwell & Cardiff City.

In my history it says 2 league wins and a cup win but doesn't say I have any promotions. I'm in year to year contracts I was listed as talented manager but now it's media shy. I've also won 2 managers of the year.

Getting a bit annoying, struggling to attract even semi decent players to the club too including youngsters from SPL clubs on loan. Grr.

Sounds about right to me to be honest.

I suspect it's because the manager's reputation is being limited by the club's reputation. In reality, the league reputation will not have moved much so the club may not be able to sustain success in the Champions League, but the club's reputation should go through the roof and therefore so should the manager's.

Yeah not sure if there is a bug but i started off at Coventry and gained automatic promotion to Premiership in first season. During the pre-season i left to join Blackburn and finished 11th. Then i reached November in my current season and i was 14th in the league, then out of the blue AC Milan offered me the vacant mgr's job. I started off with a mgr's rep of automatic.

I suspect it's because the manager's reputation is being limited by the club's reputation. In reality, the league reputation will not have moved much so the club may not be able to sustain success in the Champions League, but the club's reputation should go through the roof and therefore so should the manager's.

The managers reputation should skyrocket higher when winning a title with a smaller team rather than winning it with a bigger team.

It seems to me that bigger clubs value the titles you won less if they're won with a smaller club.

Doesn't make sense.

Sounds about right to me to be honest.

Hearts appointed Craig Levein after he guided Cowdenbeath to the 3rd Division title and Hibs appointed Mixu Paatelainen after he won the 3rd Division with Beath again and did okay in Finland. Both were fan favourites with the clubs that appointed them and I'm a sunday league player but I should be gaining plenty praise for where I've taken the club. Berwick love me but I still can't attract players either.

(with a few restarts, I confess!).

The game recognises when you have been cheating its called the Brian Clough effect. Eventually you will get a message which will say about the amount of trophies you have won.

'you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating' as Brian Clough himself once said

But in the older versions of fm didn't happened that!

Hearts appointed Craig Levein after he guided Cowdenbeath to the 3rd Division title and Hibs appointed Mixu Paatelainen after he won the 3rd Division with Beath again and did okay in Finland. Both were fan favourites with the clubs that appointed them and I'm a sunday league player but I should be gaining plenty praise for where I've taken the club. Berwick love me but I still can't attract players either.

I still don't think the achievements you mention should mean you get offers from the clubs you mentioned. Perhaps you should apply to clubs of a slightly lower rep, but higher than Berwick, the likes of Partick, Dunfermline, Caley or Hamilton might give you a shot. What's your reputation? I'm guessing regional? Usually takes you to get it to national before you can expect to get other jobs.

If your theory is correct then I don't think dynamic league reputation is working in the way it was intended. With three Champions League wins the league should be amongst the cream of Europe!

If your theory is correct then I don't think dynamic league reputation is working in the way it was intended. With three Champions League wins the league should be amongst the cream of Europe!

I'm not so sure, personally... The club's reputation should go through the roof, but it takes many years to filter the money down to the rest of the teams - so league reputation should only move a little.

I agree it'd rise slightly but I'd reckon it'd take a decade or two before the league itself went up. Consider Porto under Jose Mourinho yet the state of Portuguese football now.

However, the bug is that the club rep should have gone up considerably and the managers rep certainly should not be Regional. If he were managing in Slovakia and won three Champions League he'd be a worldwide celebrity tbh!

Started with Dundee, Sunday league rep, avoided relegation first season (25 point deduction) comfortably, promoted second season and sitting fifth in Premier League midway through third. I just got offered the Hull City (19th in championship) job without applying for it, which seems generous to me as I haven't really established myself as a top flight manager in Scotland, which would translate to a Championship manager in England.

I had 5 years at Glasgow Rangers, won the league 4 out of 5 times, won the scottish league cup 5 times in a row and the scottish fa cup 5 times in a row, made the champions league semi-final once, and the champions league final once, which i lost 4-1 to real madrid. im also a world class manager. ( my contract only had 1 year to go because i rejected a new 4 year deal ) . after 5 years i decided i wanyed to move to the premier league and wanted to manage 1 of the top 6 clubs. man city, man utd, and liverpool were without managers so i applied for all 3 jobs thinking that the first 1 to offer me the job i would accept. however i was turned down on all 3 occasions. i thought that was strange. i then applied gor the vaccent managers job at barcelona as guardiola was the spain national coach, once again i was turned down, but the man they named as there new manager shocked me. it was non other than ROBBIE KEANE. Hmmmm now summing is not right with that, an unproven manger getting the job ahead of a world clas PROVEN maneger like me. i then jokingly applied for the portmouth job, who had finished 7th in the championship, again i lost out to keith millen. I would like to know if this is a bug because i got turned down for at least 10 more jobs in the championship, and everytime i declared my interest in a top division club, they would laugh off interest saying i had no chance of gertiing the job. what i thought was also strange was i was never linked with any job when i was rangers manager over that 5 year spell, yet on fm 10 i was offered the man city job after 3 good years at rangers. i eventually got the west brom job at the second time of asking, but it didnt last long as i was angry that i hadnt been able to a get a top prem club job. Any response would be appreciated. but i think it is deffo a bud.

I started unemployed and took the Sevilla job at the start of the second season (Manager history - ex international footballer). Came 2nd in the league and won the Spanish cup in the second season. It's now December in the third season and i have been offered the Bayern Munich job. Turned it down though. Maybe in a few years.

Archived