FM10: Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez

He is a good prospect. Honestly, I do not think he will replace Berbatov. He is still a youngster.

True - Long term replacement as Berbatov has to make sure he performs next season or he is out . Ferguson is not patient forever .. I like Berbatov but i think Hernandez will have a bigger impact that what people think !

He only started showing what he can do in the second half of the season in Mexico, so that would explain why he is so average on FM.

He is improving for me actually :) Stats dont mean anything these dayz unless your Messi or Ronaldo !

all i have to say is i cant wait to see him tear up the preimership next season

I can hardly imagine a youngster such as Hernandez is going to tear up the prem in their first season to be honest.

Looks like quite a good prospect though but a bit too average which is why it puts me off buying him.

Perhaps he should be faster though? I'm not entirely sure but i'm basing it on this evidence, sort of.

This is the statistics from the group stages.

He even beat Podolski who played a game more than him?

Top speed

Mexico's Javier Hernandez has offered a glimpse of what Manchester United fans can expect next season, reaching a top speed of 32.15 km/h, putting him just ahead of Greek duo Avraam Papadopoulos and Konstantinos Katsouranis.

The leaders: Hernandez (32.15 km/h), Avraam Papadopoulos (31.57), Konstantinos Katsouranis (31.50)

I'm not exactly certain just how much out of 20 on FM that would be.

But it sounds like he should start with a pace higher than 15.

Maybe I've got my statistics wrong here as I don't know just how fast that is but surely that is pretty amazing pace? :confused:

Apolagies if I am wrong though as I don't have a clue whether this means he is extremely fast or whatever.

I can hardly imagine a youngster such as Hernandez is going to tear up the prem in their first season to be honest.

Looks like quite a good prospect though but a bit too average which is why it puts me off buying him.

Perhaps he should be faster though? I'm not entirely sure but i'm basing it on this evidence, sort of.

This is the statistics from the group stages.

He even beat Podolski who played a game more than him?

I'm not exactly certain just how much out of 20 on FM that would be.

But it sounds like he should start with a pace higher than 15.

Maybe I've got my statistics wrong here as I don't know just how fast that is but surely that is pretty amazing pace? :confused:

Apolagies if I am wrong though as I don't have a clue whether this means he is extremely fast or whatever.

Basically :

World's fastest runners Top 10!

1:Usain Bolt 2:Tyson Gay3: Asaffa Powell4: Tim Montgomery5: Maurice Greene6: Donoan Bailey7: Leroy Burrell8: Carl Lewis9: Calvin Smith10: Jim Hines

Usain Bolt ran the 2009 World final in 9.58 seconds. That's an average of 23.35 mph or 37.578 km/h. Taking acceleration time to the finish into consideration - his top speed was 27.45 mph or 44.172 km/h according to the biomechanical analysis of his 9.58 record.

Hernandez does 20mph ! :)

And that in a Fm attribute for pace/accelaration would be classified as what?

Like 18?

I would say that is about right ....

Interesting stats :

WALCOTT 22.72 mph

CAMPBELL 22.50 mph

DROGBA 22.27 mph

TORRES 22.27 mph

ANELKA 22.05 mph

FABREGAS 22.05 mph

A COLE 22.05 mph

CLICHY 21.82 mph

ROONEY 21.82 mph

.... I would say 18 will be about right :)

Just to make sure everyone is clear...

The Campbell in the above post is Sol Campbell :D I saw it in the sun last season.

These figures are hard to use to determine what his stat should be in FM, I mean if he runs at 20 mph and should get an 18 then do the players on the above list deserve 20? Also found these which are pretty interesting.

The sprint parade top 10, commissioned by Nike and put together by Opta Sportsdata, is as follows (the first figure is to the ball, the second with it):

1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd): 20.9mph -- 20.8mph

2. Andrew Johnson (Everton): 20.6 -- 20.7

3. Fernando Torres (Liverpool): 20.5 -- 20.6

4. Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland): 20.7 -- 20.2

5. Ashley Young (Aston Villa): 20.4 -- 20.3

6. Aaron Lennon (Tottenham): 20.6 -- 19.6

7. Cameron Jerome (Birmingham): 20.3 -- 20.1

8. Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea): 18.9 -- 21.2

9. Jermain Defoe (Portsmouth): 20.4 -- 19.2

10. David Bentley (Blackburn): 20.0 -- 19.8

These figures are hard to use to determine what his stat should be in FM, I mean if he runs at 20 mph and should get an 18 then do the players on the above list deserve 20? Also found these which are pretty interesting.

The sprint parade top 10, commissioned by Nike and put together by Opta Sportsdata, is as follows (the first figure is to the ball, the second with it):

1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd): 20.9mph -- 20.8mph

2. Andrew Johnson (Everton): 20.6 -- 20.7

3. Fernando Torres (Liverpool): 20.5 -- 20.6

4. Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland): 20.7 -- 20.2

5. Ashley Young (Aston Villa): 20.4 -- 20.3

6. Aaron Lennon (Tottenham): 20.6 -- 19.6

7. Cameron Jerome (Birmingham): 20.3 -- 20.1

8. Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea): 18.9 -- 21.2

9. Jermain Defoe (Portsmouth): 20.4 -- 19.2

10. David Bentley (Blackburn): 20.0 -- 19.8

Interesting that ... That Torres is fast as hell !

Something tells me they will give him 18/19 for pace !

SWP is 2.3 seconds quicker with the ball?! What a strange man :D

lollllll Indeed !

All these so called "speed ratings" are actually inaccurate and don't tell the full story about how quick a player actually is. Sol Campbell is no where near as fast as Walcott, nor is he quicker then any of those players on that particular list. Kenwyn Jones isn't faster than Aaron Lennon. You can see that these "studies" cannot be used to judge how quick a player actually is.

In Hernandez's case, 15 pace is about right. Its his acceleration that makes him stand out; his ability to just burst past defenders in a quick spurt of speed and power. And looking at the screenshots, 16/17 also appears to be just right.

He'll of course have a CA upgrade for FM11, due to his exploits in the Mexican league and impressive international performances, but nothing dramatic I don't think. I imagine that his PA will go from:

the 150's to the mid 160's

Should probably be a -9. But I only say that because I know little of him. Presumably someone with more knowledge would be able to pinpoint it better than that.

Anyone else think we should have more options for the -numbers? Going from (for example) 150-180 in one version to 160 dead on in the next seems to drastic. The researchers should be able to say exactly what the potential should be (like 155-167 for example). Don't really know why I'm posting this here though :D

All these so called "speed ratings" are actually inaccurate and don't tell the full story about how quick a player actually is. Sol Campbell is no where near as fast as Walcott, nor is he quicker then any of those players on that particular list. Kenwyn Jones isn't faster than Aaron Lennon. You can see that these "studies" cannot be used to judge how quick a player actually is.

In Hernandez's case, 15 pace is about right. Its his acceleration that makes him stand out; his ability to just burst past defenders in a quick spurt of speed and power. And looking at the screenshots, 16/17 also appears to be just right.

He'll of course have a CA upgrade for FM11, due to his exploits in the Mexican league and impressive international performances, but nothing dramatic I don't think. I imagine that his PA will go from:

the 150's to the mid 160's

I reckon you are spot on ... 165 - 170 would be brilliant .. :)

Should probably be a -9. But I only say that because I know little of him. Presumably someone with more knowledge would be able to pinpoint it better than that.

Anyone else think we should have more options for the -numbers? Going from (for example) 150-180 in one version to 160 dead on in the next seems to drastic. The researchers should be able to say exactly what the potential should be (like 155-167 for example). Don't really know why I'm posting this here though :D

lol Interesting .. I think the next game they will change quite a few things on the potential .. :p

• 4 weeks later...

I think Based on Chicharito's performance in this years world cup alone should seee his stats rise drastically in itself, and from what i saw of him in wednesdays win over the MLS compounds this he is a very exciting player who threatens to dwarf Macheda's promise with his almost Ronaldo like potential and attitude towards the game, Since his purchase Sir Alex has hardly stopped lavishing plaudits on the lad and has been promoting his ability current and future since as far back as may from what i an remember.

I really do see him challenging berbatov for his place on a regular basis, at the very least he will be providing the competition that owen has failed to do, so he may even help us get the best out of Dimitar!

from what i saw of him in wednesdays win over the MLS compounds this he is a very exciting player who threatens to dwarf Macheda's promise with his almost Ronaldo like potential and attitude towards the game

Steady with the hyperbole. Don't forget that Macheda is 4 years younger + Fergie hasn't exactly been shy trumpeting his potential either. Not sure that Hernandez's stats should get a dramatic rise tbh.

Ok maybe i was a little excessive but there is a real buzz around this player and i compared to his current rating i do think his stats dont do his real ability justice, and i do believe i will be justified in saying this over the coming season.

alos as for the macheda comment! yes he is younger but apart from the aston villa goal in the 08/09 season he hasn't really done anything else spectacular outside of the reserve team has he? so in my opinion the jury is still out on macheda

I'm sorry are you actually Mr Macheda in disguise because i seem to have sent you overly defensive towards him, honestly i feel he is over hyped and he hasn't done anything to deserve the kind of plaudits he has received.

And did i compare him to Rooney? no, he doesnt look anything out of the ordinary is my point which i feel was quite clear!

I agree with Benji, Hernadez hasn't done anything to deserve the hype he's got... He scored a goal in the world cup. Is that really that good compared to other players of his age? Yes, hes a good player, and will do well at Man Utd. Yet, I feel the hype is very over expectant and when he plays this season, I think many people will be left dissapointed...

Yes you implied it with you "not everybody is a rooney" comment actually, I'm sorry but are you just argumentative for the sake of it?

I wasn't comparing him to Rooney in the slightest, and it wasn't implied that I was either.

What I was saying, however, was that just because certain players burst on to the scene and immediately command a first team place at the age of 16, like Wayne Rooney, James Milner, etc. diesn't mean that that is always going to happen.

Federico Macheda made his debut at 17 and scored a couple of important goals. Since then he has made a smattering of first team appearances and has scored another goal in those appearances. A fair number of his games have been as a sub, (8 starts and 7 sub apps for the record). He has performed well in the reserve side aswell, and that gives him valuable experience. I dont understand how you can say what you have about him "doing nothing". And yes, the jury is still out, he is 18 and has only made 15 first team apperances.

All of this is diverting from the point that what you said about Javier Hernandez was massively over the top. He looked decent in the four World Cup apperances he made, three of which came as a sub, (that shoudl tell you something by the way). As for what he has done for United, he has appeared in one friendly and scored. I dont see how this amounts to justification in him getting a "dramatic rise" in stats, when he is already a decent player in game.

I agree with Benji, Hernadez hasn't done anything to deserve the hype he's got... He scored a goal in the world cup. Is that really that good compared to other players of his age? Yes, hes a good player, and will do well at Man Utd. Yet, I feel the hype is very over expectant and when he plays this season, I think many people will be left dissapointed...

You've done the opposite of agreeing with Benji then.

I cant even be bothered responding to your drivel really because your just annoying but i will leave you this as i part.

I dont even know why you started waffling on about comparisons to Rooney when i surely didnt mention him or compare macheda to him or make the assumption that he should burst on to the scene and and warrent an automatic 1st team place - how can you make that kind of assumption or association form what i said? there is no connection!

yes he scored 2 important goals so what.... my point stands what else has he done? again a nothing point made by you although you dont realise there is nothing to support your arguement that he is.

To be honest your whole arguement is stupid, so much so that i dont know what your arguement is, and further more i dont know why your being so argumentative over something so insignificant.

Your being a tit and it's unjustified!

You just haven't read what I have said at all, because I have not once compared him to Rooney. Further to that, if you dont understand what my argument is, then once again I reiterate my point that you musn't have read a word I have posted.

And if you want to start name calling and be pointlessly insulting, then keep it in a PM. In the public domain it does you no favours.

I'm not sure to be honest as my game has an updated database and Hernandez is already at United.

Sorry about that.

not a problem mate. to be honest i hadnt really heard of him until man utd had signed him but from waht ive seen, read and heard people are saying hes going to be a quality player.

Archived