teams LOWER than the Isthmian and Northern Premier Premier :

Can they get promoted?

I know the teams that go into the BSN and BSS come from the Isthman Premier League, and I THINK the Northern Premier Premier League too. However, the teams below this, also get accredited to a league.

I only know this after loaning out a player to my feeder team AFC Hayes. They are in the "Southern D1SW" league (In player history, it has it there). Now, the fact that they are accredited to a league, must surely mean they can get promoted?

I only want to know, because if they CAN get promoted, I will get a feeder team of my choice, pick my boyhood club (Croydon Athletic) - and loan them my best young players constantly, so that they have a great chance of making it to the BSS, and then I can manage them :D

Cheers for any feedback.

Only teams in the level immediately below the lowest playable league can get promoted. So in England only teams in the Isthmian, Northern Premier League and Southern Leagues top divisions can get promoted. :thup:

Also if you only had the Premier League loaded in the game from the English leagues, you would never see Leeds or Leicester in the Premier League in that game for example.

I seem to remember someone from SI once saying it was possible, I'm yet to see any evidence of it though.

I've been trying with AFC Hayes for 4 years now. I've loaned them players who have done reasonably well. However, the club is yet to move divisions.

If I get Croydon Athletic as a feeder club, I'll loan them some real gems to try and get them up :D

I'm just going to echo what G-Man said... Give them a rep of around 1500, then hope they can get promoted. I find that teams with the highest reputations are the teams that get promoted (from the non-playable leagues). Good luck, let us know how you get on!

I tried raising the reputation in the data editor a few years ago to get my team Bromley promoted so I could manage them. It worked. You don't need to raise it much, just make sure it is similar to the top 2 teams in the division. This was only from the Isthmian to the Conference South, never tried it with a team from any lower, but it's worth a try if you have enough time on your hands...

I tried raising the reputation in the data editor a few years ago to get my team Bromley promoted so I could manage them. It worked. You don't need to raise it much, just make sure it is similar to the top 2 teams in the division. This was only from the Isthmian to the Conference South, never tried it with a team from any lower, but it's worth a try if you have enough time on your hands...

The thing is even if you gave them an enormous rep and they were in a league below that of the league lower than the lowest playable division (quite a mouthful there- ie like they were in Isthmian Division 1 for example) I doubt they would ever get up into the Conference South.

i can select canvey (theyre in the ryman league) as a feeder team so surely if i send them some murderously good loanees therell get promoted to being playable?

lets have some clarification please SI

Are you sure they're in the Ryman League?

Is the Ryman below the Isthmian league?

Canvey, in my game, are a feeder team of mine, and are in the Isthmian league, which means they could potentially be in the BSN/BSS next season.

Rymans is the sponsor of the Isthmian League so the Ryman league is the same thing as the Isthmian league.

Teams from the Isthmian Premier League, with a good enough reputation, do get promoted into the Conference South. So it would be possible for Canvey.

However, if FM09 is the same as previous versions, there is no movement between the lower than playable leagues e.g. between Isthmian Premier League and Isthmian League Division 1 North/South.

Croydon Athletic play in the Isthmian League Division 1 South so unfortunately it would not be possible for them to have a 'theoretical' promotion to then give themselves a chance of being promoted again into the Conference South.

I'm trying something similar with my local non-league side, Christchurch.

I used the editor to move them up from the Wessex League to BGS Premier, and have them as my feeder club, so I too am hoping that by loaning them some good youngsters, I may see them promoted to the BSS, and can take them on from there. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Since the only way to get such a club into the BSS/BSN is to alter something in the editor

this statement is wrong since the 3 leagues below BSS/BSN have promotion up to to the BSS/BSN every season (dafuges challenge is based on this). It is only below the Northern/Ryman/Southern premier leagues that there is no movement between leagues.

One of my biggest wishes for FM is to have at least step 3 (and maybe step 4) in the game.

A lot of the clubs at these levels already have fairly decent sized playing squads in the FM database. Would be good even if they only came up as view-only.

The good news is I'm pretty sure Championship Manager is including step 3 this season and therefore SI might well react to their rivals by making step 3 playable in FM10! :thup:

Doesn't exactly answer the question or help in anyway, of course, but still. :D

Quick one-liner to make my post seem relevant to the discussion: 'No, I don't think I have ever seen any side outside step 3 get promoted to step 2. Thus, I don't believe it is possible for clubs to move between the non-playable steps 3 & 4'. :(

C.

Archived