clear cut chances? haha..

i'm playing with mancity, my strikers are ibrahimovic, torres, c.ronaldo, ribery, robinho.. but unfortunately they are not able to successfully finish 1on1 situations. this is unbelievably ridiculous...

i thought, the new clear cut chances feature would be very helpful to see, if your strikers or your chances/tactics are bad. in my case obviously the strikers are too weak. so tell me, which strikers should i buy?

Manchester_City_v_FC_Middlesbrough.jpg

Tottenham_Hotspur_v_Manchester_City.jpg

FC_Chelsea_v_Manchester_City.jpg

FC_Arsenal_London_v_Manchester_City.jpg

by the way, it's funny to see, that the cpu opposition is able to score about 50% of their clear cut chances, no matter what crappy strikers they have. SI, that's unrealistic, stupid and not fair..

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of sugestions about things you could be doing wrong tactically:

1. Long shots to high

2. Too high creative freedom

I'm not saying you are doing it wrong, but that might be it.

You could also try to teach the PPM " likes to round keeper", which i find to be very effective in 1-on-1's

I dont think his scoring problem is related to his own goalkeeper.

It wont make his strkers score any more, it's just that I tend to fix what's wrong in my team from back to front. If the defence and gk are able to keep clean sheets then the attacking players only need to be taking 1 or 2 chances a game to get a win.

why should i change anything in my tactics, when my strikers fail on 1on1 situations?! i think the job of a tactic is, creating more good chances than the opponent. that's the case in about 99% of my games. the funny thing is, that my goals often are long shots even if i created 10 clear cut chances. i think the match engine is just crap.

It is a bit unbelievable how many times the commentary says "should have scored" or " that was a sitter". If they were difficult chances I'd understand but these are 1 on 1/open net/point blank chances.

Even this contemplation of worst misses pales in comparison to the kind of chances I miss per season:

Known problem with the ME (for years it comes and goes because SI has not figured a way still to keep the scores down without players missing 1 on 1s). Don't try to find a solution, there is none. Get used to it or stop playing the game and wait for the patch. It is ridiculous to suggest it's a tactics problem.

It is even more ridiculous to suggest that you have to teach "round the keeper" to Ronaldo, Robinho and Ibramihovic in order to score their 1 on 1s.

it's far easier to make players not score those chances (what would scores be looking like?) than to improve AI inteligence. this problem becomes even more obvious when human manager manages as strong squad as man city like in OP's example. match is calculated before it's being played and it's just the way ME prevents those ridicoulus scores. in a way the game is cheating. it's clear that OP should have won most of those matches by crazy scores...

Its a problem that needs looking at. My strikers have got 2 and 1 goal respectively all season, which is about 12 games so far, not realistic at all. Thankfully my defence is good and my midfield has got a few goals so we are winning but just 1-0 constantly, its very boring and unrealistic, I just laugh when I see my strikers one-on-one I know they will miss!

What makes me laugh the most is that people still try to say its your tactics! When you create 8 or 9 Clear Cut Chances world class players should be scoring them! Ok on FM08 people could argue the chances were 50-50 now the game is actually saying these are clear cut chances that should be scored and they aren't! How is this the OP's tactics that is causing this, I would love to know?

PaulC writes the match engine...

...yes, and?

there's really no need to send a pkm. only 'problems' OP has is that his squad is too strong and AI incompatibility to fight him back. ME does that instead. OP will still win the league probably but his matches will feel totally unrealistic.

this thread is very similiar to this one and OPs both play with Man City: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=88019

Yes, I know and that's my point. Since this problem happens to everyone why does his need another person's pkm? He can easily use his own to fix the problem.

By looking at the PKM's he can determine more precise what the actual problem is for the OP matches. Not everyone suffers the same as the OP does. So by providing a PKM if PaulC think's that something is wrong then he will be able to pin point it exactly and take a closer look at it.

...yes, and?

there's really no need to send a pkm. only 'problems' OP has is that his squad is too strong and AI incompatibility to fight him back. ME does that instead. OP will still win the league probably but his matches will feel totally unrealistic.

this thread is very similiar to this one and OPs both play with Man City: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=88019

How can you argue his only 'problem' is that his squad is 'too strong'. Thats one of the most idiotic defences of an obvious flaw within the game I have ever seen. Defending on this game is rubbish, this has a knock on effect of making strikers miss literally hundreds of chances (both for AI and human teams) it makes the game unrealistic and not as fun to play in my opinion.

I have this problem and I can asure you my squad is not 'too strong'!

A couple of sugestions about things you could be doing wrong tactically:

1. Long shots to high

2. Too high creative freedom

I'm not saying you are doing it wrong, but that might be it.

You could also try to teach the PPM " likes to round keeper", which i find to be very effective in 1-on-1's

Long shots aren't clear cut chances.Stop trying to blame his tactics.You SI fanboys are all the same.

Yes, I know and that's my point. Since this problem happens to everyone why does his need another person's pkm? He can easily use his own to fix the problem.

I don't think this is a problem affecting everyone in the same way.

Looking at the stats from all of my matches so far this season (17 games) it shows that I have 2.17 CCCs per goal where the opposition have 1.95 CCCs per goal.

The screenshots in the OP show he has 6.5 CCCs per goal, with the opponent having 2 CCCs per goal.

Obviously those matches were selected to try and prove a point, which is why they are a lot higher but you can see why his games are of interest to have a look at, there is a very distinct difference.

I don't think this is a problem affecting everyone in the same way.

Looking at the stats from all of my matches so far this season (17 games) it shows that I have 2.17 CCCs per goal where the opposition have 1.95 CCCs per goal.

The screenshots in the OP show he has 6.5 CCCs per goal, with the opponent having 2 CCCs per goal.

Obviously those matches were selected to try and prove a point, which is why they are a lot higher but you can see why his games are of interest to have a look at, there is a very distinct difference.

Thanks for that, I agree there is a difference. But are you trying to tell me that you have a team that only creates 2 1 on 1s per game and you are scoring 1 almost every time?

How can you argue his only 'problem' is that his squad is 'too strong'. Thats one of the most idiotic defences of an obvious flaw within the game I have ever seen. Defending on this game is rubbish, this has a knock on effect of making strikers miss literally hundreds of chances (both for AI and human teams) it makes the game unrealistic and not as fun to play in my opinion.

I have this problem and I can asure you my squad is not 'too strong'!

lol you think i'm defending the game? you're completly misunderstanding my posts, read them again...

i wanted to say that stronger your team is, this issue becomes more obvious. the reason behind it is that AI's not able to cope with you tactically - you're creating those cahnces but it's ME that's preventing realistic score lines. for example AI needs 1 CCC to score 2 goals, human manager managing strong team needs 7 CCCs...

Thanks for that, I agree there is a difference. But are you trying to tell me that you have a team that only creates 2 1 on 1s per game and you are scoring 1 almost every time?

No, I'm literally going by the match stats, which say I score a goal for every 2 or so clear cut chances I have, I have no idea if they are 1 on 1s.

In those 17 games I created 50 CCCs (2.04 per game) and scored 23 goals (1.35 per game).

No, I'm literally going by the match stats, which say I score a goal for every 2 or so clear cut chances I have, I have no idea if they are 1 on 1s.

In those 17 games I created 50 CCCs (2.04 per game) and scored 23 goals (1.35 per game).

The problem is about the 1 on 1s though, especially if you have a semi-decent team. You create many 1 on 1s and you score very little. There is more chance to score a long shot than a 1 on 1 which clearly shows the problem.

The problem is about the 1 on 1s though, especially if you have a semi-decent team. You create many 1 on 1s and you score very little. There is more chance to score a long shot than a 1 on 1 which clearly shows the problem.

The OP is talking about clear cut chances though.

Which is why a pkm from the OP would be more use to Paul than a pkm from me.

ccc's are not 1vs1's

I am sure that many of them were 1 on 1s.

Also, are you saying that you have strikers that score 1 on 1s?

Yeah, I have. I have noticed just by observation that I seem to score more 1 on 1s since the patches. On the pre-patched game when I was United manager, my strikers missed so many but since then with United and Blackburn they seemed to score a realistic amount. Obviously they miss 1 on 1s from time to time too but that is realistic.

So you are saying that you have strikers that score the numerous 1 on 1s that happen in the game?

Where did I say or suggest that? You clearly are not reading the thread properly and are just posting anything to suit your own argument.

I score quite a few 1v1's but also miss a few. If I scored every CCC and 1v1 I'd win every game atleast 8-0. Which is probably why top players seem to miss more 1v1's to keep the scores down and the goals scored realistic. You have to remember that the visuals are just a representation of the game data.

Yeah, I have. I have noticed just by observation that I seem to score more 1 on 1s since the patches. On the pre-patched game when I was United manager, my strikers missed so many but since then with United and Blackburn they seemed to score a realistic amount. Obviously they miss 1 on 1s from time to time too but that is realistic.

Really? How many do you have each game and which strikers do you have?

Also, it would be great if we could see your matches where you score those 1 on 1s. Can you upload some? It may be helpful.

Really? How many do you have each game and which strikers do you have?

Also, it would be great if could see your matches where you score those 1 on 1s. Can you upload some? It may be helpful.

I am Blackburn and have the 4 strikers they already have. No new strikers signed.

Also, as I said it is just observation and have not counted them.

And why would uploading my pkms be helpful? Surely if someone thinks there is a problem then uploading their ones is the thing that would be helpful. :confused:

So you are saying that you have strikers that score the numerous 1 on 1s that happen in the game?

No, all he said was the the Clear Cut Chances stat doesn't only record 1 on 1s. Why do you have to pop up in every thread to twist everyone's words?

You have to remember that the visuals are just a representation of the game data.

What does that mean? That seeing a 1 on 1 happening may be something else than a 1 on 1?

And why would uploading my pkms be helpful? Surely if someone thinks there is a problem then uploading their ones is the thing that would be helpful. :confused:

Because there is no chance you are scoring a realistic amount of 1 on 1s per game. Proof of your matches would certainly pinpoint that it may be something that can be fixed by the player.

No, all he said was the the Clear Cut Chances stat doesn't only record 1 on 1s. Why do you have to pop up in every thread to twist everyone's words?

I am not. I said above that I believe that many of the OP CCC where 1 on 1s, so the problem is connected. Maybe the OP can clarify this so we know where the problem lies.

Lyvean, how do you know there is "no chance" of something happening in his game? How could you have any idea?

I don't think PaulC and co will want to look at PKMs of people who have no problem. The sheer size of the game means not everyone will. If the people who do have the problem are recalcitrant and unwilling to upload their PKMs to get it fixed, then we get nowhere.

Because there is no chance you are scoring a realistic amount of 1 on 1s per game. Proof of your matches would certainly pinpoint that it may be something that can be fixed by the player.

I consider what I am seeing as reasonably realistic. As I said on the game pre patches I didn't but now I do. I did not look at the stats so have nothing to back it up because I already said it is just observation. I have no intention of uploading my pkms as it is up to the people who are not happy to upload theirs and when PaulC requested it you asked why does he need them?

Lyvean, how do you know there is "no chance" of something happening in his game? How could you have any idea?

I don't think PaulC and co will want to look at PKMs of people who have no problem. The sheer size of the game means not everyone will. If the people who do have the problem are recalcitrant and unwilling to upload their PKMs to get it fixed, then we get nowhere.

I am not. That is why we need proof. Can you claim that you get a realistic amount of 1 on 1s per game (or CCC for that matter) and you score a sensible amount of goals?

don't you guys think that OP's screanies say it all really. he's got ibrahimovic, torres, c.ronaldo, ribery, robinho???!!, take a look at his match stats, i'm sure it's his tactics :thup:

the thing is simple, more you're overachieving the weirder stuff you'll have to deal with. what would the scores be like if half of those CCCs were scored and a couple of other shots?

it's not about those chances being converted, it's about AI inteligence. AI manager's tactics dealing with yours and AI players' inteligence in general.

I consider what I am seeing as reasonably realistic. As I said on the game pre patches I didn't but now I do. I did not look at the stats so have nothing to back it up because I already said it is just observation. I have no intention of uploading my pkms as it is up to the people who are not happy to upload theirs and when PaulC requested it you asked why does he need them?

That's fine. But for you having 5 1 on 1s per game may be reasonably realistic, when in reality it's not. That is why we need proof from both camps.

It is a bit unbelievable how many times the commentary says "should have scored" or " that was a sitter". If they were difficult chances I'd understand but these are 1 on 1/open net/point blank chances.

Even this contemplation of worst misses pales in comparison to the kind of chances I miss per season:

i agree with this i think the commentary needs looking at as well. but in your compelation of misses, that looks really funny but my missed chances look more like this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uTp_QhlixX8&feature=channel_page

I am not. That is why we need proof. Can you claim that you get a realistic amount of 1 on 1s per game (or CCC for that matter) and you score a sensible amount of goals?

I haven't actually played a match on 09 yet. That's not the point at all. The point is that people who are happy with what they are seeing should not need to upload PKMs to prove to others why they are happy. That's just stupid.

So if you think there is a problem, provide the development team with a means to identify it and fix it. Nothing is gained by this process:

1. Complain about unrealistic issue (whatever it may be, CCCs in this case)

2. Be asked by member of dev team to upload PKMs so they can try to fix the problem.

3. "Why can't you do it I have this problem everyone must. Do it yourself it's not my job."

4. (3rd party) Well, actually I don't have this problem.

5a. Oh shut up, just because you don't have it doesn't mean nobody else does

OR (the all new)

5b. Prove that you don't have this problem.

So you demand proof that something is working, but don't see any reason to provide proof that it isn't, or a means to fix it if it isn't. Hm.

That's fine. But for you having 5 1 on 1s per game may be reasonably realistic, when in reality it's not. That is why we need proof from both camps.

Just for you ;), here are some stats with my current Blackburn save.

Matches Played: 15

Clear Cut Chances: 42

Goals: 26

Just for you ;), here are some stats with my current Blackburn save.

Matches Played: 15

Clear Cut Chances: 42

Goals: 26

Thanks. Now please observe your 1 on 1 chances and witness how unrealistic their occurrences are and how equally unrealistic is their conversion.

I've not had a massive problem with players missing 1 on 1's as i'm playing in the lower leagues i expect chances to be missed,however i regularly watch premier and lower league football and rarely see so many 1 on 1's during games,in the FM world there are too many chances created in almost all of the games i play,i think if SI games could reduce chances the matches would be a little more realistic and the missed chances would seem less obvious.

Thanks. Now please observe your 1 on 1 chances and witness how unrealistic their occurrences are and how equally unrealistic is their conversion.

I am not going to view my games again. I assume all 1 on 1 chances are clear cut so I don't think I am missing too many.

If you think there is a problem, you need to upload your pkms like PaulC said. Simple. :)

Archived