What Nationality do you make you signings?

I was curious to see how people looked for new signings, do you lean towards some nationality you prefer, your club's nationality or just any signings you see fit for your team?

I may be wrong because of the language importance, but i don't seem to give a lot of attention to home players, and language, as seen by my team of foreigners(now i'm also forgiven about that, given that i'm an Inter fan, so i'm used to seeing foreign first teams most of the time :-D)

My Colchester team in 2012's EPL consists of 11 different nationalities, 4 argentines, 4 brazilians, 3 italians and 5 english, and the others are from different nations. Must be also mentioned that my first eleven consists of the 4 brazilians and 3 argentines, so it seems like i like the latins. :-)

And i don't neccessarily look for latins, it's just that life has brought them to me, i don't look at their nationalities much other than out of curiosity or for work-permit.

How important should it be though?

I start by looking for players with fantastic names, then worry about the talent.

So Przemyslaw Kazmierczak or Rurik Gisason will always get preference over Billy Jones or "Broadway" Danny Rose.

So I end up with loads of players from bizarre nations, with no preference other than their name should be fun and their talent suitable.

I start by looking for players with fantastic names, then worry about the talent.

So Przemyslaw Kazmierczak or Rurik Gisason will always get preference over Billy Jones or "Broadway" Danny Rose.

So I end up with loads of players from bizarre nations, with no preference other than their name should be fun and their talent suitable.

this should be made into a new FIFA rule. better than most of the stuff they come out with anyway!

I used to start games with lower league clubs (or just clubs from poor league like Belarus or Bulgaria) so I am looking somwhere near my current country ;p I preffer Eastern Europe (Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia) becuase they have cheap and good players, after that when I will take charge over some better clubs I just use players that are currently at club, just rare transfers if I miss player for any position (actually, almost every time I just don't get transfer money :D). Now I am playing Belasica Petrov (Bulgarian A League) and I just bought 6 polish players because they are EU and cheap enough for my huge transfer budger (33k euros !!)

On my 9.1.0 save I had my scouts at Wigan looking through the Italian, Spanish, French and Portuguese youth leagues. It was pretty bad when it came to registering my CL squad; none of my first team were HG (club) and I had to register some reserves.

Generally as Everton i try to sign Dutch, German or Scandavian, simply because they already speak at least basic English and can settle quicker! It seems to me that FM09 is really taking notice of languages and adaptability so i try to sign players that can blend in easily.

Archived