Soleanna

Ok guys in the editor I'm creating a country called Soleanna but i'm stuck on City names

So far the only cities i've made are

Solaris (capital city)

Iblis

Kozara

Isle Delfino

Isle Delfino will be part of Soleanna but an island so some citys will have (ID) at the end of the name if they are based in Isle Delfino

If it helps the Languages the country speaks is

English 85%

Spanish 80%

Greek 65%

Brazilian 45%

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I get that. But if 85% of the population speak English, than that means there's 15% of the population left, hence why I said about the 100% proportionality thing.

Not a bilinguist then? :)

I love a bit of Sim City, so here's some of the towns I've made in that game, the ones I remember off the top of my head. They usually are based on some sort of mish mash of celtic and roman word roots, which makes them pretty in line with European place names:

Truitierville (Sounds french :) )

Port August (Great Port)

Trinaton (Third Town!)

Valle de Vin (Wine Valley)

Ardonne (High Fort)

Viccgari (Latinised "Viking Garrison")

Santiago del Oeste (St James of the West)

Siddharta (I'm buddhist ;) )

English 85%

Spanish 80%

Greek 65%

Brazilian 45%

Brazilian is not a language. We speak Portuguese.

yeah but brazillian is in the editor and if i choose it it means some Soleannan players could have names like Robinho/Ronaldinho/Other cool brazillian names

It won't make any difference, I think. This language is there because SI wanted to make a Brazilian Portuguese translation, but they gave up before it started.

There are also "American" and "Latin American" languages for similar reasons even though they speak English and Spanish.

Personally I think it would be cool if you were able to rename one of these "redundant" languages allowing your new country to speak it's very own language. Although I guess then you'd have to create a fair number of players for your country to avoid repetitive regen names, but it would be nice to have the option* :)

* Apologies if this actually IS possible in the FM09 editor, haven't looked at it yet and I'm in work atm, you couldn't do it in '08 though.

thanks for the suggestions guys i'll use most of these, and once i do that i'd need to make some clubs and then do some league swapping and then it should be playable and i'll upload it if anyone else wants to try it out

Ok I've Created a Country in the editor called Soleanna and have made a few cities (with help from posters in this forum) and now i need to make some clubs to make it that closer to being playable, so here are the cities;

Solaris (capital city)

Isle Delfino*

Iblis

Uritas

Zolis

Laquinox (ID)

Herlix

Erenmois

Kozara

Artemois

Niloso

Soletres (ID)

Nomis Town

Ardonna

Zella

Zenozois (ID)

Helinque (ID)

Darildas

Totandre

Farsilia

Xera (ID)

Nequa

Miladra (ID)

Laquos (ID)

Dalleco

Asterz Village

Tolama

Lavel

Didera

(any other suggestions for citys/towns appreciated)

*Isle Delfino is an island off Soleanna so all Citys/towns with (ID) at the end of the name are based in Isle Delfino, so Dont use Isle Delfino in the name of the club :thup:

Club names are what i need mostly but nicknames, Stadiums, etc... would be much better and a lot more helpful ;)

Good point, it's pretty overpopulated as it is.. Not to mention the extra pollution we'll be getting thanx to the TS. Nice job Manumoss! Thanx for ruining the earth.

No problem ;)

What is the point in doing this? Do you think the world is not big enough already?

I'm not making this country irl you know

I think this idea might be fun. But I'm a bit geeky like that!

I love the idea of a new break-away Republic with it's own flag, national kit, etc (although I realise that Soleanna may not be like this). Could be cool to see regens coming through with a variety of languages etc.

Are you going to give the cities populations etc? What kind of quality will you set the league at? Capacities of the stadiums of the largest clubs etc? I think you should make it like Norway or something. Good challenge but with loads of potential. Keep us posted.

I think this idea might be fun. But I'm a bit geeky like that!

I love the idea of a new break-away Republic with it's own flag, national kit, etc (although I realise that Soleanna may not be like this). Could be cool to see regens coming through with a variety of languages etc.

Are you going to give the cities populations etc? What kind of quality will you set the league at? Capacities of the stadiums of the largest clubs etc? I think you should make it like Norway or something. Good challenge but with loads of potential. Keep us posted.

I've given the cities populations but dont know if i made it too high/low, i might make the league standard quite high because i'd love to see some top class players playing in the Soleannan leagues and the stadiums will probablly be quite big for the higher rep clubs

Archived