Letter To Sigames (Sign If You Agree)

I have sent this as an email to Sigames please sign or leave your comments if you agree please will be very grateful. As stated at the bottom of the letter

PLEASE BRING BACK OUR MOST LOVED GAME TO IT’S FORMER GLORY

Dear Sigames

I'm writing to you on behalf twelve others an my self, to say that we thoroughly disappointed with Football Manager, to the point three of us have returned due to technical reason. Which has caused much distress for both us and Game because of the arguments that took place in shops. The others are either trying to play through the problem or returned to 2008 which I have been considering too, as this is the most unstable Football Manager game I have ever played and I have been with you since CM03/04 and when you split I brought both and came to the decision the Football Manager was better. Now to see how far you have strayed from improving FM09 has me seriously considering changing franchise to other Manager games that have been release. To the point I have stopped recommending Football Manager and to the others who haven't brought FM09 I have told to stick with 08 or purchase it.

Some of the problem we faced was:

The activation, there was no clear understanding on how to this and the whole procedure was shamble, 4 of us pre-ordered it and only one of us was able to play before Saturday. Which is ridiculous you obviously have regard for you fans and hold the pirates over them, others who brought there’s on the day or the day after had trouble activating as well. Many of them with limited computer knowledge also the inability to reach you site was an absolute nightmare which crushed the excitement of actually have the game.

Which we considered the best day of our lives till FM10 came out!

Once some of us had activated the game and began playing many of us realised how unplayable it is.

For instance some of us had:

No transfer funds

No matter how many times we start the game we have no transfer funds at all regardless of the team.

Constant crashes

Once we start playing we have 3 continuous errors. (Note we are all loading only one league)

Once you press continue, FM Loading screen sits there and does nothing or restarts the computer, we have done a test to see if it was due to specs and it isn't as one of the higher computer spec in our group has the same error and we gave up after 30 Minutes of being on the loading screen.

Going in to the match screen it says, “Please Wait" and doesn't move after that at all.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times still the same errors.

Others, who have been able to play through those which we are now down to 5 including myself, have noticed the lack of development and unreliability of the program.

The build/Version is not stable at all it crashes a lot regardless of the spec of the computer. I, myself have 3 computers in the house and installed it on all 3 to see if any of them are any different, the middle spec on can't even run it without crashing and the highest one crash on average after every 3-4 games with no error message.

We have all noticed the lack of a 6 yard box line.

No Crowd in the stadium.

A lack of development in the filters section regarding the fact you are unable to have a custom view.

Constant 2-0 matches. I.e.

Man Utd

First 5 games after friendlys all 2-0. Including friendlys all of the games but the first 2-0 this has also happened with Man City.

Limited amount of player except if you use the load from when option starting a game.

PR glitches when you say you team will win saying said team will react badly and team player reacting badly.

Still unable to offer out multiple player to club on loan or add a condition to if offering at current asking price.

Last 5 Games glitch claming they scored 2 goals when they either haven't been played at all in any squad or haven't scored at all.

Lastly but no least the most frustrating of them all

THE LOSS OF GAME DATA

This had happened four times to us so far.

Some of what I have listed is down to personal preference but most important of them all is to have a stable playable game. I would return my game if I could but unfortunately I pre-ordered mine online along with others and can’t be bothered to stay on the phone to Game to explain that the product is faulty.

Hope to hear from you soon

Signed and personal comments from (Names Have Been Removed)

( Pre-ordered, has as stated one unplayable game on one computer, and one that crashes every three-four games. Also had a problem with activation)

( Pre-ordered, game crashes at match screen often, has lost Game Data twice.)

(Brought, activation and installation problem. Slow but unreliable returned to FM08)

(Brought and Returned)

(Brought, No transfer funds, returned to FM08)

(Brought, No Transfer funds, continued playing but crashes after matches.

(Brought and Returned)

(Brought, Crashes)

The 4 other choose to remain nameless

But to sum up their comments

PLEASE BRING BACK OUR MOST LOVED GAME TO IT’S FORMER GLORY

P.S

Sorry for the grammatical and spelling errors

There is nothing wrong with the game. The minimum specifications is fine, the graphics card what you need - i had it six years ago.

With all games you need to update drivers and directx.

Stop moaning.

Why should he stop moaning? Criticism is good providing it's constructive, otherwise how would SI learn from their mistakes.

Don't agree at all. It's almost like your playing a different game to me.

I been playing since Thursday including 10 hours straight today and I've yet to have a crash on either my pc or laptop.

To me its one of the best CM/FM's in the series.

There is nothing wrong with the game. The minimum specifications is fine, the graphics card what you need - i had it six years ago.

Stop moaning.

a lot of games crash at 24 july 2009... so there's defenitly something very wrong with the game

Don't want to push my luck...but I installed the patch asap and loaded up my first game on Friday...and so far have had no issues with it at all!! My PC is quite new so maybe this is why I have not had any problems (yet!)

Loving the game... the 3D is excellent and helps me tactically...also liking the the Ass. Manager advise

:)

No transfer funds means you haven't even read the instructions.

Most of the other problems means you haven't read these forums.

It certainly was painful for many people to authenticate but most thinking people will realise why and reserve their criticism for who and what it transpires were responsible, once that becomes apparent.

Peter-evo

Every have above the minimum spec even some have computer that are the best out there. One of us even brought a computer just to play the new FM09

Football Manager08

As stated before new computers don't even run it and my three computers are fully updated.

feedthegoat

thank you.

Rico & Vinnyvagus

Congrats on your success on being able to play the game hope you have a good time.

A lot of people using the crack find this out ;)

It does seem rather odd that the vast majority of people are not experiencing these problems, but that all of this very small group of people are, on different computers...

Perhaps the OP will provide saved games to the FTP upload, and ask his friends to do the same, so that SI can examine them?

Well to completly contradict what your saying my laptop isn't the greatest in the world here are the specs:

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 11/12/2008, 16:49:24

Machine name: YOUR-AB7328BB81

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.080814-1242)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: DIXONSXP

System Model: Calistoga & ICH7M Chipset

BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBLx

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2050 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1014MB RAM

Page File: 729MB used, 1709MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Some garbarge i don't understand but anyways my laptop is 2.5 years old with no updates or added graphics etc whatsoever i thought i may not be able to play the 3d game (as i wasn't able to in the demo) and it was one of the best moments of the year when i realised it could (p.s did anyone else find that) and as the guy above said i have a feeling your running a dodgy game cos i and all my friends have had none of those errors plus the crash on 24 july is a error in the cracked versions! interesting though!

Has the op posted in the technical issue forum for HELP ?

It does sound like he and his mates have shared a dodgy pirate version.

It's to much of a coincidence for he and his mates to be having trouble.

I bet he doesn't provide his saved game ...

This post is classified as allegedly.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3391 Mhz

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3390 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 28/10/2004

SMBIOS Version 2.3

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United Kingdom

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"

Time Zone GMT Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 1,023.48 MB

Available Physical Memory 113.50 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.94 GB

Page File Space 4.62 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

This is the lowest spec of the three computers and i can't run it at all on this one

Also i can provide a picture of my CD & BOOK and online reciept from game if you don't believe me

No transfer funds means you haven't even read the instructions.

How does that even make sense.

It's your decision whether or not you start the first season with transfer funds, that's how it makes sense. It's not a bug it's a user option.

And no not everyone who is a fan of FM knows about the forums believe it or not

The OP posted here on the forums unless he does thought transference into text, I was talking to him.

I agree with Influenced, i have also bought a computer to cope....and its crashing all the time! devastated to say the least.

The injury system should go back to fm 08's system....it was perfect...players who never get injured in real life seem to be injured alot in this new game even after the new patch.

Bring on Patch 9.2!

But dont make it quick, take your time please.....probs best before christmas though, imagine some 12 year old kid getting this game for crimbo, totally robbed of his cherished present? but if it was my choice take your time with the patch, im classing it as i dont have the game.

You "brought" the game?

The game has not crashed once for me.

I have played over 40 matches and only one of those ended 2-0.

I think there are lot of things to legitimately complain about with the launch of FM09; I'm not happy that letters like yours which focus on entirely invalid points are going to drown out the real concerns.

Yes i can prove i brought the game if that continuously becomes a issue

My issue is that my specs barely beat the minimum specs yet I haven't crashed once and this is since I updated my drivers and got the direct X update. I might even be suggesting it runs like a charm ;) :confuesd:

My issue is that my specs barely beat the minimum specs yet I haven't crashed once and this is since I updated my drivers and got the direct X update. I might even be suggesting it runs like a charm ;) :confuesd:

That was just to address the comment that people have being saying bout pirate games...

and my as u can see from my spec post that it meets them all and that is the lowest one...

i have laptop and a pc that surpasses that. and i have problems..

That was just to address the comment that people have being saying bout pirate games...

and my as u can see from my spec post that it meets them all and that is the lowest one...

i have laptop and a pc that surpasses that. and i have problems..

I didn't mean to quote what I quoted.

Have you posted all of your issues in the bugs forum so SI can look into them?

You don't need to prove anything, tbh.

I like how alot of people come out with examples of them playing the game, so it must work for everyone. It doesn't work like that.

Also, to the guy who blamed it all on the users not updating their graphics card or being under min spec, no. Just no. No need to argue about this as you are wrong. Fact.

To be honest I don't think the activation has been a "farce"

Myself and 5 of my friends activated 1st time on Friday night so either you aint typing the code properly or you obviously have no idea what your doing. For those of you who say there were no "clear instructions" how to do it, do you need instructions to take a **** in the morning. It was the easiest thing I've had to do on a computer

You don't need to prove anything, tbh.

I like how alot of people come out with examples of them playing the game, so it must work for everyone. It doesn't work like that.

Also, to the guy who blamed it all on the users not updating their graphics card or being under min spec, no. Just no. No need to argue about this as you are wrong. Fact.

I presume you were aiming this at me. I am going to inform you that I wasn't telling Influenced in particular that it is because he is under specs at all.

I am suggesting that people download the updates for their graphic cards as it fixed my problems, it does help. I am not tellingthem anything, I am suggesting that they give it a shot, I have sympathy for him if he can not run it well and my only aim is to support people and do my best to help (i.e. checking updates.)

Don't understand people who moan about a full game when they didn't even bother trying a demo. Like buying a car without taking it for a test drive !

Okay seriously RICO, that is a silly comment, i've brought every FM game since it first came out why the hell should i have to play a demo... Ever thought bout that.

And Richie Brill lucky you and your friends init hope you have a great game, but don't sit there and insult people for no reason as the guy said before you just because you haven't had problem don't mean others haven't

For the people who say theres nothing wrong with the game - go and try to loan Michael Johnson from Man City and when City come back and tell you they want £67m just to loan him come back and then tell me theres nothing wrong with it.

No-one has suggested that the game is perfect, obviously there are issues but I am not experiencing any major ones but I know some who are and that is what this thread is about

Okay seriously RICO, that is a silly comment, i've brought every FM game since it first came out why the hell should i have to play a demo...

" i couldn't be arsed to try the gold demo to see if i A: liked the game B : could run the game , please fix my stupidity SI as cleary this is all your fault"

sign if you agree

with love

I.R Simple

For the people who say theres nothing wrong with the game - go and try to loan Michael Johnson from Man City and when City come back and tell you they want £67m just to loan him come back and then tell me theres nothing wrong with it.

Its not really a "game breaking" issue though is it?

Okay seriously RICO, that is a silly comment, i've brought every FM game since it first came out why the hell should i have to play a demo... Ever thought bout that.

And Richie Brill lucky you and your friends init hope you have a great game, but don't sit there and insult people for no reason as the guy said before you just because you haven't had problem don't mean others haven't

Might be silly but quite a few of your problems with the game may have been found out on the demo.

I presume you were aiming this at me. I am going to inform you that I wasn't telling Influenced in particular that it is because he is under specs at all.

I am suggesting that people download the updates for their graphic cards as it fixed my problems, it does help. I am not tellingthem anything, I am suggesting that they give it a shot, I have sympathy for him if he can not run it well and my only aim is to support people and do my best to help (i.e. checking updates.)

Calm down. It wasn't aimed at you. But I will inform you about who it was aimed at ;)

Was aimed at Football_Manager08 (and alot of other people I've read saying similar things)

Stop moaning.

Archived