Very eloquently put, well done.

u and ur partner steam have againfailed

the abismal customer service from both of u is poor

can t activate game on steam who are your partner

and who u recommend to get game

everyone else can get game except most of steam users

can t contact anyone on steam can t get my money back

i feel totally let down and am sure other users feel the same

Steam is working fine. SI have made it quite clear that the game isn't unlocked everywhere yet. Just be patient.

Well, no, he has a point. Australians were told that it would be available 6 a.m. EDT. But it's not. You can't tell people something and get their hopes up and then reneg on what you've said, it's just not fair.

Steam is saying it'll unlock in a day, two hours.

It's pretty easy to say "relax, just wait and see" when you've got the game working. I purchased through Steam thinking it would be more convenient or a more efficient to receive and play the game, but I have had nothing but trouble.

I am furious, but I am doing my best not to play the blame game because I know how these things can spiral with timezones.

games great ta :)

paid 20 odd quid delivered to my door, have the privelage of sniffing the manual and i'm just starting my first game right NOW :)

I'm jealous of you. Not only do you live in one of my favourite cities (honestly!), but you're also starting the game! A pox on you!

Well, no, he has a point. Australians were told that it would be available 6 a.m. EDT. But it's not. You can't tell people something and get their hopes up and then reneg on what you've said, it's just not fair.

It's pretty easy to say "relax, just wait and see" when you've got the game working. I purchased through Steam thinking it would be more convenient or a more efficient to receive and play the game, but I have had nothing but trouble.

I am furious, but I am doing my best not to play the blame game because I know how these things can spiral with timezones.

I think you make a fair point. I'd be gutted in that position.

i am just fed up si told us to order from steam

best way to do it they said

now i find i ll not be able to play for 1 day 2 hrs

miles jacobson says not my problem

what are u talking about miles it is ur problem

so basically anyone who could pick up a copy ilegally today can play now

but for all the suckers who purchased from steam recommended by you are shafted

how fair is that

u can t phone steam getting ur money back will take weeks

as i say crap swear words are not allowed in forum

i am just fed up si told us to order from steam

best way to do it they said

now i find i ll not be able to play for 1 day 2 hrs

miles jacobson says not my problem

what are u talking about miles it is ur problem

so basically anyone who could pick up a copy ilegally today can play now

but for all the suckers who purchased from steam recommended by you are shafted

how fair is that

u can t phone steam getting ur money back will take weeks

as i say crap swear words are not allowed in forum

1) Why are you typing like that?

2) Where did Miles say it wasn't his problem?

People have a right to complain if they are upset over something, I am annoyed that people who bought the game early can and are playing now yet people who paid a month ago with Steam like me after following SI's recommendation can't play. I too aren't going to kick and scream at Miles or SI in general but I do sympathise with those who are.

The idea of a release date is that everyone gets it at the same time. I feel that now so many people can obviously play the game because SI opened the servers we should all be able to. That is what usually happens in retail and happened last year if you all remember, some stores started selling early so SI told everyone else they could aswell. All Steam need is to be told by SI to bring the release forward and they will turn it on.

I came up here and saw that some people activated the game, started my Steam application and it still was listed as "not yet released". I bought it from Steam. It's a bit of shame, but it was said that it'll activate on midnight. I don't know why people moan if others can play a bit earlier... Guys, have fun, il'll join you in a couple of hours, tomorrow it'll be forgotten anyway, because there are big matches to be played, tactics to be developed, players to be bought and trophies to be won. These couple of hours won't matter at all.

People have a right to complain if they are upset over something, I am annoyed that people who bought the game early can and are playing now yet people who paid a month ago with Steam like me after following SI's recommendation can't play. I too aren't going to kick and scream at Miles or SI in general but I do sympathise with those who are.

The idea of a release date is that everyone gets it at the same time. I feel that now so many people can obviously play the game because SI opened the servers we should all be able to. That is what usually happens in retail and happened last year if you all remember, some stores started selling early so SI told everyone else they could aswell. All Steam need is to be told by SI to bring the release forward and they will turn it on.

So if the game wouln't unlock for someone 134 miles away from you you'd be perfectly happy now? And now when he can play and you can't your world has collapsed?

1) Why are you typing like that?

2) Where did Miles say it wasn't his problem?

In the activation thread Miles said it was out of his hands - I think he is referring to the releasing of the game at midnight.

I think the cause of so much confusion is that midnight is in four hours (GMT) but a lot of people's Steam account is saying 1 day+.

People just don't want to be left behind when there's a torrent of "Thank you SI, FM09 is awesome!" And I know it is awesome. I loved the demo, which is why I am itching to play!

If SI has said the release date was 13th Nov I could understand someone getting so mad his basic grasp of English drops through the floor (apologies if it isn't your first language, but the text speak suggests otherwise).

Activation date is the same for every legal purchase. I won't be doing so until about Sunday because I'll be having sex the other two days.

NB I heartily recommend this to many of the users here, except the under 16s. It may mellow you out and stop you from making such a big deal over a game.

Yep i agree, this is crap, I can't get passed the key, keep getting told "invalid key" too bad for the Aussies eh, well SI you have my money again, cannot believe I have been buying your products since well for ages, looks like me and other Aussies will be playing the game on the 15th.

Archived