I will be slaughtered.... but what exactly are regens?

what exactly are regens? what are the graphic faces things aswell didnt play much 08 just previous versions.

Cheers

Regens are the players that replace players who retire in the game.

The graphic faces are the one these regens have on their profile.

Check some of the coaches out etc. as these have regen faces.

Don't worry not everyone will of played FM08 so no worries. ;)

The term is actually outdated. Back in the days of CM, new players were literally regenerated (hence the name) from the players who retired. Thus, when Ronaldinho retired, there would be a 16 yr old Brazilian youngster with the same PA, position and the same attribute distribution as Ronaldinho introduced into the game. The system was changed a few yrs back but the catchy name stuck around.

The term is actually outdated. Back in the days of CM, new players were literally regenerated (hence the name) from the players who retired. Thus, when Ronaldinho retired, there would be a 16 yr old Brazilian youngster with the same PA, position and the same attribute distribution as Ronaldinho introduced into the game. The system was changed a few yrs back but the catchy name stuck around.

This is the most correct answer so far. Many CM teams were built on the reincarnations of Alan Shearer, Paul Gascoigne, Dennis Bergkamp, Romario etc.

You may also have heard of:

Newgens: A name coined to reflect the fact that the new players were generated 'from scratch' to describe the new player generation system.

FRED: SI were using this term themselves for a new player generation algorithm for FM07. As far as I know it doesn't actually sound like anything; although it looks like it should.

what exactly are regens? what are the graphic faces things aswell didnt play much 08 just previous versions.

Cheers[/QUOTe

you idiot!!

I for one am an advocate for freedom of speech on this forum, but that my friend was a bit uncalled for!

FRED: SI were using this term themselves for a new player generation algorithm for FM07. As far as I know it doesn't actually sound like anything; although it looks like it should.

I think the phrase was coined off the player Fred. (seriously)

cheers dude, ive all ways wondered about that:thup:

This is the most correct answer so far. Many CM teams were built on the reincarnations of Alan Shearer, Paul Gascoigne, Dennis Bergkamp, Romario etc.

You may also have heard of:

Newgens: A name coined to reflect the fact that the new players were generated 'from scratch' to describe the new player generation system.

Oh dear, I thought the "Fred issue" referred to the Brazilian forward being too much of a wonderkid, almost a "cheat signing" so I always try to buy him! That serves me right.

Cheers[/QUOTe

you idiot!!

To be honest "mate" I think you are the "idiot" who posts such wasteful comments because someone simply doesn't understand a term. I think you need to get a life instead of calling someone an idiot over the internet.

• SI Staff

Its only outdated on FM PC - that uses 'newgens' (or whatever we're calling it these days ;) ) ...

FMH still uses regens and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future (simply because it retains the database balance nicely with minimal processing requirements which is very important on the PSP).

Archived