For those unable to play FM

I was just wondering what you are going to do now. Like many of you i am unable to play FM now and have a decision to make like yourselves.

Should I leave it? Should I try to improve my system (graphics card) for it? Should I buy a whole new laptop/computer to accomodate my FM addiction?

Simple answer for me really.

I'm going to leave it. As much as I love playing FM I can't be bothered going through the hassle of spending more money than I want to just to play it. It's simply not worth it in my eyes when I need money for other things.

Also, people dont choose this thread to rant over or criticise anything. :)

That's not SI's fault. Gaming is a luxury, for disposable income. When your disposable income falls, you can afford the luxuries less.

The businesses creating them, however, are still businesses, out to make profit, and a good product. It's just how the market works.

I for one am buying a new PC in the January sales.

I'm going to keep scanning the forums for another couple of days trying to find out why my game wont work. Don't buy anything because SI are releasing a 2 patches for the game one without 3d so people who don't have 128mb can still play the game!

I'm going to keep scanning the forums for another couple of days trying to find out why my game wont work. Don't buy anything because SI are releasing a 2 patches for the game one without 3d so people who don't have 128mb can still play the game!

I doubt that, where was that statement released?

I was just wondering what you are going to do now. Like many of you i am unable to play FM now and have a decision to make like yourselves.

Should I leave it? Should I try to improve my system (graphics card) for it? Should I buy a whole new laptop/computer to accomodate my FM addiction?

Simple answer for me really.

I'm going to leave it. As much as I love playing FM I can't be bothered going through the hassle of spending more money than I want to just to play it. It's simply not worth it in my eyes when I need money for other things.

Also, people dont choose this thread to rant over or criticise anything. :)

I doesn't make a difference if you improve it or not. i let my pc upgraded for almost 400€. and it's a great job. assassin's creed at almost maximum, great experience. but this crap freezes every minute. and yes in windowed mode, drivers and directx updated

What a load of **** and please excuse my language.

I have a very decent computer yet when I start a game my computer completely crashed. How can FM crash my computer when I play games that require a lot more spec?

I guess I'll be cancelling my order.

The game works fine until you choose your squad and then go to the match screen--it just loads and loads for hours. No 2d no 3d. Graphic card driver updated. Dissapointing they said that laptops are not supported when laptops outsell desktops.

Laptop 2.0 intel duo- g-force 8600MGS dedicated memory processor with 512 mb ; 3Gb Ram

Hopefully things will be fixed before release so we can purchase the game and play it. Many people are having issues beyond the spec limits.

I don't think that will happen. There are a lot of people hoping/speculating but no-one from SI have confirmed anything like that. Unless I've just missed it.

My laptop runs 08 perfectly but it won't let me run the 3D option and 2D is quite choppy and slow.

Sony Vaio Laptop - Intel Pentium M Processor 1.73GHz , 795MHz, 1GB of Ram.

I'll be sticking with 08 until 09 all the problems in 09 are smoothed out. I think i can live without press conferences after every game for now.

Did they say that?

They did----on the official website.

Supported Chipsets - Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

The 3d engine is tits in my opinion :) IF you can't play 3d, just do 2d. If you can't do 2d, they you need a better computer. Simple as that. Games and programs get more demanding over time. Might as well get this done now.

I agree some people need to upgrade but what do you do when you have a brand new laptop with top specs and does not work?

Wow, SI have really dropped the ball on this one.

The amount of people they have alienated is incredible.

The reason we all need better graphics cards is to accomodate the 3D engine. Many people are going to be unable to play the game anyway because they don't meet the requirements, and out of those who can play the game, alot of people don't even like the 3D engine!

Disaster.

Updating graphics isn't that cheap

Not true. Here's an example of a graphics card with loads of ram for less than £26

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0020785664.1225640450@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccfhadefiggijfkcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&page=Product&sku=405403

DietSpam

I improved my RAM not so long ago (think 2 weeks) but on my laptop it's integrated graphics rather than a specific card so I can't update it.

Even though you have integrated graphics it should still be possible to update your drivers.

Will be leaving FM09 until they release something that doesn't include the 3D. I was told I'd be able to play the 2D version, but it won't even load! And I would consider updating but tbh with the way money is at the moment I, like many others, can't afford to update.

3D doesn't work very well for me. Very jerky; I had a headache after 3 games, despite my PC being way over the min spec.

That said, I was never that fussed about the 3d aspect so I'll probably cancel my pre-order and buy if off ebay when some disgruntled punter realises it doesn't work on his PC. £30 is too much for an updated version of previous games. Unless I hear it's a problem they can fix with a patch.

Archived