1. 1. Can you run it?

• Yes, I passed with flying colours
    • Only just, might be abit slow
    • nearly, I may be able to get it going
    • No, unfortunately

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is a Geforce Nvidia 6200 better than a Nvidea FX 5900 because I can't vote on my own thread! PLease help me Im as nervous as anything here

an nvidia 6200 is better then the 5900 i think so don't worry

maybe you won't run it with flying colors but it will run

This is seriously annoying.

I spent quite a bit of money in the Summer buying a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525) which has 1.83GHz dual core processor, 2GB Ram etc etc. I even upped it to 4GB Ram recently. BUT.... now the minimum specs have been released it seems my shiny new laptop won't run FM09 because it requires 2.00GHz processor.

I am SO not happy!

I spent quite a bit of money in the Summer buying a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525) which has 1.83GHz dual core processor, 2GB Ram etc etc. I even upped it to 4GB Ram recently. BUT.... now the minimum specs have been released it seems my shiny new laptop won't run FM09 because it requires 2.00GHz processor.

I am SO not happy!

If it is dual core it may run, I think it being dual core makes a difference does it not!

NVIDIA GeForce 6200 = Memory Interface 128-bit 64-bit

Fill Rate 1.2 billion texels/sec. 1.4 billion texels/sec.

Vertices per Second 225 million 262.5 million

Pixels per Clock

(peak) 4 4

RAMDACs 400 MHz 400 MHz

NVIDIA FX 5900 = Graphics Core 256-bit

Memory Interface* 128-bit

Memory Bandwidth* 30.4GB/sec.

Fill Rate 3.8 billion texels/sec.

Vertices per Second 356 million

Memory Data Rate 950 MHz

Pixels per Clock (peak) 8

Textures per Pixel** 16*

Dual RAMDACs 400 MHz

I would say not but I think you may still be ok to run the 3D engine but unfortunately I'm not that technically savvy on Graphics to commit 100%

I am SO not happy!

Because you're running a dual core you should be fine, I think that 2.00Ghz that Miles was referring to was an Intel P4

Because you're running a dual core you should be fine, I think that 2.00Ghz that Miles was referring to was an Intel P4

I'm sorry but I'm not that literate when it comes to specs.

What is the difference between Intel P4 2GHz and Dual Core 1.83GHz?

I am SO not happy!

you will be fine mate trust me. it works with 1.4Ghz on XP.

My processor is 1.87GHz, and I have 1Gb RAM, although my integrated graphics are just dandy.

That's a bit less than the minimum requirements but I'm not in the slightest bit worried.

I was able to play FM07 on a PC that fell WELL below the M.S.R so I'm happy enough....

*and I just about meet the M.S.R for FM08, yet I run 7 or 8 countries with a large database.

Yes but I have Vista, not XP

i would be amazed if your pc refused to play it put it that way. I am pretty confident it would work fine and you will have no issues. If it runs on 1.4Ghz XP then it will run 1.83 GHz on vista, may be a tad slower but nothing you will really noticed I don't think.

I'm sorry but I'm not that literate when it comes to specs.

What is the difference between Intel P4 2GHz and Dual Core 1.83GHz?

The Intel P4 2Ghz has a single processing core running at 2Ghz where as the Core 2 Duo 1.83 has two 'cores' running on a single processor at 1.83Ghz each, this means that if you are running multiple applications then they will each be using bits of each cores processing power. However if you are running just one application you should still see an increase in speed (as far as I am aware but I'm not 100% so don't shoot me!) as the processor can use both cores to do the processing.

Could anyone please tell me if my ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1100 graphics will be enough? I have an Acer Aspire 5100 Laptop, AMD Turion 64, 2GHz processor and 2Gb Ram, it was vista but now using Xp. It mainly the graphics im wondering about! Thanks for any help! :)

Im like you Sy13 but with system specs, Id be gutted if my Geforce 6200 didn't run it!

It will I'm sure, the 3D graphics are no-where near as demanding in FM as most of the other games out there now so if you have any newish (and by that I would suggest anything in the last few years) I'm sure it will be fine.

It will I'm sure, the 3D graphics are no-where near as demanding in FM as most of the other games out there now so if you have any newish (and by that I would suggest anything in the last few years) I'm sure it will be fine.

It better, or you and your brainy partner will die, jokes aside I appreciate it alot. The graphics specs are higher than Fifa Manager 2007 :eek:

Could anyone please tell me if my ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1100 graphics will be enough? I have an Acer Aspire 5100 Laptop, AMD Turion 64, 2GHz processor and 2Gb Ram, it was vista but now using Xp. It mainly the graphics im wondering about! Thanks for any help! :)

Straight from the AMD website:

ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1100 Series for AMD Processors

ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1100 series chipset for AMD processors delivers faster graphics, Windows Vista™ premium experience, superior connectivity and secure data management for desktop PCs. With powerful integrated ATI Radeon graphics, this chipset is ideal for digital entertainment and 3D gaming for the home, or perfect for running graphics-intensive commercial or multimedia applications at the office. Coupled with the new AMD processor, DDR2 memory and ATI SB600 southbridge, the ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 series completes the platform for a new level of performance on a mainstream system.

I'm sure it will be fine

Straight from the AMD website:

ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1100 Series for AMD Processors

ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1100 series chipset for AMD processors delivers faster graphics, Windows Vista™ premium experience, superior connectivity and secure data management for desktop PCs. With powerful integrated ATI Radeon graphics, this chipset is ideal for digital entertainment and 3D gaming for the home, or perfect for running graphics-intensive commercial or multimedia applications at the office. Coupled with the new AMD processor, DDR2 memory and ATI SB600 southbridge, the ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 series completes the platform for a new level of performance on a mainstream system.

I'm sure it will be fine

Thank you Daley for your help, much appreciated pal! :)

If mine runs Medieval II and Fifa Manager 2007 without lag Im sure I will be alright, **crosses fingers**

Exactly, both of those games use much more in-depth 3D graphics than (admittedly not the finished article) the screenies we've seen from FM09

Got a Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 1.66MHz and 4GB RAM so should be fine there I would imagine.

HOWEVER, I have a 252MB Mobile Intel GraphicsMedia Acclerator 950 and I don't think that I will be able to run 3D as this is not one of the supported cards.

It's a shame but I will live with 2D if necessary. :(

Thank you Daley for your help, much appreciated pal! :)

No problem mate, I think that the issue is that SI (quite rightly unfortunately) can only say that they will support certain graphics cards (I would imagine that they have tested the game on systems with these cards in) otherwise if they set a min spec and for some reason a card that has that spec doesn't run the 3D engine properly then they could get in a bit of trouble from a legal position. I really think that any retail pc (be aware that business pc's won't necessarily have the same graphics capabilities as an equivalent retail pc!) bought in the last 3-4 years will be fine.

252MB Mobile Intel GraphicsMedia Acclerator 950 and I don't think that I will be able to run 3D as this is not one of the supported cards.

After doing some research, I think I definitely will be playing in 2D with this card. :(

It does not support hardware T&L (Transform & Lightning) calculations (which is required for some games).

The GMA 950 can not be described as a graphics card that is sufficient for gamers. Some old 3D games and especially 2D games should run without problems.

Sounds ominous!

Will have to check the demo but not holding my breath.

Well, I hope so mate, I really do, although I think I can put up with 2D until christmas where I will buy the minimum one

Peter-evo, again, listen! An Nvidia 6200 card will be fine to run the game. The 6 series cards are more recent and use newer technology than the 5 series, you will be able to play the game and watch the 3d matches, just make sure your drivers are current. How many more people have to tell you this?

I've got :-

Core 2 duo 2.33 ghz

4GB ram (only 3.3 available because I am using a 32 bit version of vista)

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

I'm not anticipating too many problems if any. However, I will download the demo just to make sure.

Peter-evo, again, listen! An Nvidia 6200 card will be fine to run the game. The 6 series cards are more recent and use newer technology than the 5 series, you will be able to play the game and watch the 3d matches, just make sure your drivers are current. How many more people have to tell you this?

Sorry mate and anyone else that has helped me for bugging you lot, looking back I have posted the question too many times.

With todays economical crisis I can not go out and buy a new Graphics card just like that. I really appreciate all your help mate and once again apologise for being a pest!

No problem mate, I think that the issue is that SI (quite rightly unfortunately) can only say that they will support certain graphics cards (I would imagine that they have tested the game on systems with these cards in) otherwise if they set a min spec and for some reason a card that has that spec doesn't run the 3D engine properly then they could get in a bit of trouble from a legal position. I really think that any retail pc (be aware that business pc's won't necessarily have the same graphics capabilities as an equivalent retail pc!) bought in the last 3-4 years will be fine.

Yeah i think your right mate!! Its understandable, and i think everyone knew that there would be thousands of enquiries as to what will work and what wont lol In hindsight i could have found mine out quite easily as you proved! Im just not too sure when it comes to graphics cards, im not a gamer so....

But your very right, i think any decent retail Pc/Laptop bought in last few years should be ok. Should lol Cheers again for your help!

I've got :-

Core 2 duo 2.33 ghz

4GB ram (only 3.3 available because I am using a 32 bit version of vista)

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

I'm not anticipating too many problems if any. However, I will download the demo just to make sure.

Yeah i get the feeling you'll do just fine lol

Archived