Citezenship joy

Ok this season ive had 3 players i know of become eligible for Scottish citezenship. Andrey Arshavin, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Carlos Cuellar. However Pavlyuchenko and Arshavin both have become citezens of Scotland. Their both capped by Russian meaning they dont affect the national side at all. However Cuellar hasnt, nor has he been capped by Spain. Is there a way to convince him to become a citezen of Scotland as i believe he would make a differance to the Scottish National side even though im currently managing Rangers and Belgium i still have passion for my home contry.

Ok this season ive had 3 players i know of become eligible for Scottish citezenship. Andrey Arshavin, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Carlos Cuellar. However Pavlyuchenko and Arshavin both have become citezens of Scotland. Their both capped by Russian meaning they dont affect the national side at all. However Cuellar hasnt, nor has he been capped by Spain. Is there a way to convince him to become a citezen of Scotland as i believe he would make a differance to the Scottish National side even though im currently managing Rangers and Belgium i still have passion for my home contry.

Wardog

I sometimes think I'm little mad with the constant thoughts of FM, however after reading this thread it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Thank the maker for FM. No other game has me this addicted. Can't wait for FM09.

Wardog

I sometimes think I'm little mad with the constant thoughts of FM, however after reading this thread it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Thank the maker for FM. No other game has me this addicted. Can't wait for FM09.

Sorry guys

I posted to the wrong bloody thread. What's the time 8.07am, where's my coffee!!!

As he is already an EU citizen, Cuellar will never take up citizenship. I believe that players in the game will only take up citizenship if it means they can avoid work permit complications, or avoid the foreign player rules. I never seen an EU player adopt the nationality of another EU nation in the game.

However Cuellar hasnt, nor has he been capped by Spain. Is there a way to convince him to become a citezen of Scotland as i believe he would make a differance to the Scottish National side even though im currently managing Rangers and Belgium i still have passion for my home contry.

You can force him to take Scottish nationality. Anyway if he's declared for spain then you won't ever be able to select him for the scottish national side I believe. The only way around this would be to use an in-game editor like FMM and give him dual nationality that way and then hope he gets selected for Scotland or resign from Belgium and take the Scotland job yourself and select him for the Scottish squad.

Even if he he became a Scottish National he couldn't play for Scotland. It's called the Gentleman's Agreement between the Home Nations. Scotland would have to ask the other three FA's for permission to dispense with the fact. Nor would the fans of Scotland likely accept this. It is hard enough getting them to accept those with Scottish Blood never mind a total non entity.

And by god I am not having this discussion again :(

i would accept it! i'd loved to see nacho novo in the dark blue! he'd certainly play with some passion!! I actually changed the citizenship rule in scotland to just 1 year! now i have afew africans and brazillians eligible for scotland. it does seem weird when you see a defensive line up of broadfoot & hermani(brazillian) i 've also went in and given cuellar & novo dual nationality using fmm! remember its your game, do what you want :)

Which brings up the next problem. The reason we do not use the rule here is because it is actually the passport rule. Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland don't have separate passports. This is the reason The Home Nations and FIFA agreed to the gentleman's agreement. If the British Government give someone a passport it in, according to FIFA allows them to choose any of the Home Nations. This is why the Home Nations will never use this rule, as England could steal a player under the nose of Scotland or vice versa.

If he doesn't have the nationality, you can't call him up, even if he's eligible.

There's no way, sorry.

if they're not capped their own country they can be called up, they have to accept that nationality though. I got a brazilian guy to play for ukraine.

Which brings up the next problem. The reason we do not use the rule here is because it is actually the passport rule. Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland don't have separate passports. This is the reason The Home Nations and FIFA agreed to the gentleman's agreement. If the British Government give someone a passport it in, according to FIFA allows them to choose any of the Home Nations. This is why the Home Nations will never use this rule, as England could steal a player under the nose of Scotland or vice versa.

What about John Barnes?

There's no way you can "force" a player to take second nationality. I have seen a player who is Slovenian, but now has French dual nationality also. I can't call him up for my Slovenian squad because he says he prefers to wait for a chance of a call-up by France (I know France have been pretty bad of late, but they aren't that desperate!) before committing himself to Slovenia.

If/when he does finally commit himself to Slovenia I will happily ignore him so he'll lose out on international football altogether!

He wouldn't be called that now because he plays for Villa in England :D

I loved this whole scenario looking back lol. Think it was something like Cuellar won the Player of the year in Scotland and on that evening he said "I Never want to play for anybody else i want to stay here forever" or something like "I want to finish my career here" and then about 1 week later he has no hesitation in moving/demands to move to villa when they offer his release clause. And poof! he's gone already.

lol..................

Although extremely unlikely to see Cuellar playign for Scotland especially with Spain being European Champions and the guy still feeling himself to be "Spanish". However this is a game not rl so I guess this is a feature that should be looked at since people should be allowed to call players up as happens quite often in the footballing community. Latest case would be Bojan Krkic from Barcelona. Playing for Spain where he was born but was elligible up until last month to be selected for Serbia. Had Spain not chosen him then he might've gone Serbia. The option shoudl be there. However make it realistic, not silly and completely impossible. Eg. Almunia from Arsenal.

Archived