Applying for jobs...,

bdgr

Now, it's obviously far too late to consider this for the next FM, but I've had an idea.

Instead of just applying for a manager's job by the 'click a button - application sent' method, why not...

click the apply for job button, which brings up a sort of application form to fill out, with questions from whichever club you're applying for's board.

For example, you may like to play a 5-3-2 tactic, but the players in the club you want to manage may prefer to play 4-4-2 - would you insist they play the tactic you want, even if it means it'll take time for them to get used to it, or would you be willing to compromise your own tactical thoughts?

Other questions could be on how you'd handle players for poor performance, red cards, etc.

Then, instead of a one line 'your application has been rejected / successful' news item, it could have more info on why you were successful/unsuccessful, which would help when applying for other clubs

Sounds good, I'll also like to see a job interview brought in which could operate in the same way as the press conferences. The Chairman could ask you a series of questions and you answer from a set of options. If you answer how the Chairman wants then you'll get the job, if you don't then you are rejected. Would be better than just getting an accepted/rejected news item.

Now, it's obviously far too late to consider this for the next FM, but I've had an idea.

Instead of just applying for a manager's job by the 'click a button - application sent' method, why not...

click the apply for job button, which brings up a sort of application form to fill out, with questions from whichever club you're applying for's board.

For example, you may like to play a 5-3-2 tactic, but the players in the club you want to manage may prefer to play 4-4-2

I think this would be a good addition to the game because irl a prospective manager shortlist would be drawn up and each candidate interviewed so this should be in the game as well. :thup:

If a player isn't prepaired to play to my tactics then quite frankly I get rid of them and I think any manager would do the same.

Something along the lines of an interview might be good for lower league clubs - not so sure how much of an interview top clubs give managers?

But an interesting idea

I think it's the other way round. Top clubs give interviews more than lower league clubs. West Ham are currently interviewing for their next manager whereas lower league clubs might interview but tend to just approach the manager they want.

although its a good idea my only problem is that maybe after waiting for months for the right job to come along- you might "blow your chances" of getting the job by selecting the wrong answer (even it sounds right for you)....i think it would be brilliant if it were mostly cosmetic but id be a bit apprehensive if this interview was the sole grounds for whether i got the job or not....

I think it's the other way round. Top clubs give interviews more than lower league clubs. West Ham are currently interviewing for their next manager whereas lower league clubs might interview but tend to just approach the manager they want.

I think the West Ham situation is different though, given the calibre of manager they have attracted i.e. Zola U21, Di Canio no experience and Donadoni an international failure. In comparison the top four would attract managers with plenty of previous experience that everyone would know about, so basically an interview would be pointless and not really give an insight into their approach to management as this will already be well known.

Lower league would definately need an interview, unless it was a high profile appointment (which would rarely happen), most of the applicants would have limited experience or not be of a sufficient standard for anyone to knowa lot about them.

Well the way it is the job application process needs work. Currently, you can resign and find a new job in 3 clicks of a mouse which is basic really. I think introducing an interview system would be a step in the right direction. Every prospective manager needs to be interviewed for the club to assess if he is the right man for the job. It's alright saying, "Well now, you won a Serie A title three years ago. Welcome to West Ham". It doesn't work like that. So many variables need to be taken into consideration for these kind of jobs nowadays... 'what what his relationship like with his last employers? why did he resign? did the players like him? does he prefer to sign big names or does he develop youth? etc etc'

I'd agree with Moaner here. I wouldn't want it to have a major effect on me getting a job/not getting a job but maybe you could have an interview and your relationship with the board would be different according to what you say.

I'd agree with Moaner here. I wouldn't want it to have a major effect on me getting a job/not getting a job but maybe you could have an interview and your relationship with the board would be different according to what you say.

yeah Ne(j)il said it better then me. perhaps the board will give you more time to turn things around or a little more help financially if you give them a clear sign of promise in the interview.

Archived