The Point Of Earned Money?

When you click onto your manager's profile, and then on information you should notice it has "Total Career Earnings", I understand what these are but why are they considered in the game when you can't buy anything? Or at least I don't think you can :).

I think spending the money would be a poor adittion to be honest. Being able to invest in the club would be nice even tho it might not be much.

At the moment it's just something for the records thread i suppose, however when offered a contract i always get paid the least i can so that the clubs finances arent affected to much. Very helpfull with LLM.

Purely a cosmetic feature

Wrong.

I think it affects your job security, future job offers, and maybe your reputation too.

i would like it if you could put that money into the club or something

Please no. No realism in that at all. If you want gimmicky things like that, or bets and bungs, etc; play USM.

Hershie is almost right. The job security comes from the current wage. Not the money earned.

The money earned is 100% a cosmetic feature, but does have 1 purpose and 1 purpose only.

Bragging rights. :D

that 234mil is alot ;)

I think spending the money would be a poor adittion to be honest. Being able to invest in the club would be nice even tho it might not be much.

At the moment it's just something for the records thread i suppose, however when offered a contract i always get paid the least i can so that the clubs finances arent affected to much. Very helpfull with LLM.

I tried to negotiate below what they were offering me, but I couldn't:(

Hershie is almost right. The job security comes from the current wage. Not the money earned.

I was curious about this and tested it with my old FM06 game with Braintree. After issuing an ultimatum about expanding the stadium they didn't waste any time sacking me, despite me just signing a new 5 year £375k p/w contract.

It might have been different if the sacking was results related but I don't think my huge contract made the slightest bit of difference in this instance.

Wrong.

I think it affects your job security, future job offers, and maybe your reputation too.

Please no. No realism in that at all. If you want gimmicky things like that, or bets and bungs, etc; play USM.

why , hershie , would you say its wrong and then say

i think...

I tried to negotiate below what they were offering me, but I couldn't

I tried doing the same thing, the lowest i can get is $1,900 yeah it still low but they wont sign me on for more than 2 years so i have to sign every year

I was kinda hoping that if you saved up enough money you could takeover a club, but alas, it is obvious you cannot

I was curious about this and tested it with my old FM06 game with Braintree. After issuing an ultimatum about expanding the stadium they didn't waste any time sacking me, despite me just signing a new 5 year £375k p/w contract.

Was FM06 the first of the games to allow you to negotiate your own contracts, or was that an FM07 introduction?

I remember that when the feature was introduced, and questions were raised about why anyone would bother asking for more wages when it would just handicap them, the official answer was that wages had become a means for job security.

Of course, that doesn't indicate that they're effective... ;)

The money earned is 100% a cosmetic feature, but does have 1 purpose and 1 purpose only.

Bragging rights. :D

£296,000 a week?

Are You really worth it?

or have you chosen it against higher wage and transfer budgets?

or are you an FMM addict?

I tried to negotiate below what they were offering me, but I couldn't:(

This is a good reason why this cosmetic feature is in. It means that FMers may be (ever so slightly) more inclined to accept bigger wages rather than, unrealistically, trying to be paid less.

How is job security affected by your current wage? It must be relative to something I assume because an absolute wage <-> job security link would cause lower league managers to get sacked every day!

Putting money back into the club is definitely not something that should be implemented. In very rare circumstances when a club is in real financial difficulty (e.g. Luton previously) it may happen for a short time, but that can't possibly be implemented in FM, not least because there are no other uses for the money so people wouldn't need to be realistic about needing to pay off their own mortgage etc etc and would just plough all their money back into the club to buy new players!

i recall kevin blackwell (when at luton) using his own money to pay players wages because the club could not afford 2, why could this not be implemented into the game ?

Thats pretty exteme. But fair play to the guy must of loved the club!!! I doubt this has ever happened again so it wouldn;t be that realistic imo.

How is job security affected by your current wage? It must be relative to something I assume because an absolute wage <-> job security link would cause lower league managers to get sacked every day!

QUOTE]

Well, the higher your wage and the longer your contract duration, the higher the fee to buy you out when they sack you. I wonder if it's possible to sign a huge contract, whine and get sacked and repeat until you would have an enormous total amount earned...

QUOTE]

Well, the higher your wage and the longer your contract duration, the higher the fee to buy you out when they sack you. I wonder if it's possible to sign a huge contract, whine and get sacked and repeat until you would have an enormous total amount earned...

Ronald Koeman, anyone???

EDIT: As most of you are English and don't really know the story I'll explain my comment. He's a Dutch manager who signed for Benfica in 2006 (after being sacked by Ajax and given a fee), stayed there for 1 season and got sacked and a fee. In the summer of 2007 he signed for PSV. He left after 6 months to sign for Valencia in the winter of 2007/2008. He had a contract of around €1 million a year. Due to poor results he got sacked AGAIN in the summer of 2008, and was given a "sack fee" of €7 million. So he only worked there for like 5 months.

In other words, he's made more money by being sacked, than by actually working.

It might have been different if the sacking was results related but I don't think my huge contract made the slightest bit of difference in this instance.

I think its probably exclusively for clubs with low balances. I presume Braintree were hardly bankrupted by paying up your whole contract at once?

Braintree didn't have to pay you a penny. After all, theyd didn't sack you.

You walked into the board room and demanded "Expand the stadium or I leave!"

They said "I'm afraid we can't. Sorry to see you go!"

No payout applicable, contract doesn't matter.

It might be worth someone trying to edit a saved game in order to give two teams equal reputation, chairman attributes, etc.... Only have one on £1 a week, the other on £300,000 a week. Lose every game and see what difference it makes.

It might be worth someone trying to edit a saved game in order to give two teams equal reputation, chairman attributes, etc.... Only have one on £1 a week, the other on £300,000 a week. Lose every game and see what difference it makes.

I think you'd only have to write down what you make, check your total income and then make sure to get sacked. It probably just adds up the rest of your contract.

I'd like you see you be able to be paid shares or be able to buy shares in the club. (Either as bonus or Salary) Wasn't Fergie part paid in shares when Manchester United was a plc?

That way, once you get over 50%, you'd be unsackable... without your own permission.

I realise that this strays away from the core element of Football Manager, but it does seem pointless having earned money with nothing to do with it.

Either get rid of that feature or do something with it?

Oh, and the other reason is that you are slightly more secure in your job beacuse it is more expensive to sack you.

I didn't actually resign though, I got the message that I'd been sacked. Perhaps by issuing that ultimatum I'm waiving my right to compensation when they sack me?

Do you think the ultimatum is formally written and legally binding?

Would it be better to be forced to resign rather than getting the sack in this situation?

I didn't actually resign though, I got the message that I'd been sacked. Perhaps by issuing that ultimatum I'm waiving my right to compensation when they sack me?

Do you think the ultimatum is formally written and legally binding?

Would it be better to be forced to resign rather than getting the sack in this situation?

Pretty much: think of the Ultimatum as "I hand them my written resignation, and say, 'either expand the stadium, or accept my resignation.' "

They accept your resignation, you get sacked.

I'd actually rather that the message say "The board have accepted your resignation over this issue" rather than "You've been sacked."

Archived