700K IN DEBT!!!!!

I'm Diagoras in the B National. After releasing many players to clear up the wage budget and get some money in as we don't have to pay the players I got myself in 750k in Debt. The board injected 70k in, so now in 685k in Debt! I can't sell my players because they are worth nothing, plus nobody wants them when I offer them! Any ideas without cheating.

Only thing I can think of is holding firm and trying your best until the end of the season when prize money for league finishes is handed out. Hopefully then it will be clear, but for now you'll have to make do with what you've got. A good cup run is also a way of making a little extra cash.

If you mean you got yourself 700k into debt as a result of paying contract termination fees then I would say you already made a big misjudgement. If you mean you already had those debts and that you can't raise any money from players and have trimmed your wage bill by releasing players with paying no fee then all you can do is manage the team you have and try to bring onfield success with free transfers until your financial situation improves.

Obviously you can try to arrange some lucrative home friendlies against bigger clubs too, but your money-making avenues are fairly limited when you are a small club with players worth nothing.

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

I'm in February and the season doesn't finish till the 31st of May! And I'm out of the cup, although, I did get a handsome some of money for appearing in the match.

Are you continuing to lose money each month? If not I wouldn't worry and hopefully by the end of the season it will get cleared a bit. Considering your league etc, I actually wouldn't be hopeful of having any money next season either, unless you follow Gamdrings advice and organise a hell of a lot of friendlies at home against good opposition.

I released the players so I could get a better wage bill and bring in better players so I could move up the table and get more money from my final position. The fees I had to pay ranged from £8,000 to £85,000!

I think its just a case of plodding on to the end of the season where you should get some sort of windfall from final league position. For such a small club though that is a massive amount to claw back and I wouldnt be surprised if you had to wait at least another whole season to get back into the black.

Well, I feel my squad is good. Since changing to a 5-3-2, with wing-backs, I have only lost once, to an 88th minute goal in my first game using it. I've climbed from second bottom to around tenth.

Well, unless I go into administration then my job is safe. I have got a lot of staff though. And no regens in my Under 21 squad. I'll get out of it. Though I have never been in debt before and I'm NOT going to add another user and take over Real Madrid and sign my crappest players for millions!

Well, unless I go into administration then my job is safe. I have got a lot of staff though. And no regens in my Under 21 squad. I'll get out of it. Though I have never been in debt before and I'm NOT going to add another user and take over Real Madrid and sign my crappest players for millions!

But you have thought about it icon_biggrin.gif

Just 700k? Pfffft, I was 3.5 mil in debt when I took over Pizzighettone icon_wink.gif

With smaller debt ridden teams what I generally do is this.

1) Release all the players I can on a free with 0 compensation.

2) Those that cost too much I don't release straight away. I'll try and renegotiate their contracts. Reduce the wage and length. So they'll be less of a drain, for a shorter period of time. And if needed they can be released for less compensation before.

If possible I try to give them a tiny weekly wage but a bigger appearance fee to make up for it, secure in the knowledge that while I'm manager they'll never play a single game!

3) Offer them out for 0 and then if that doesn't work offer them out for loan with some of their wages being paid. If a few of them go on loan not only are you paying slightly less in wages but they're in the shop window and might be easier to get rid of later.

4) With the deadwood thats left I'll set their value to 0, tell them they're not needed and list them for transfer and loan. Then I'll offer them all mutal termination and see if I get any offers that are significantly cheaper than the original compensation.

Generally that will shift some players and ease the wage budget slightly. Only slightly though. The rest of the time I just let the match performances speak for the team. If you're over performing then your job is likely safe. And I usually find you need to get yourself into a bit of debt to move a team up and out of a league. It's odd but one finicially crippling season where you've brought in some good players can save a team. It's a throw of the dice though. If you don't perform and get out then you've shot yourself in the foot.

Good luck icon_smile.gif

Well, you have to spend money to make money. I was given a two year contract to keep the club in the division. Media prediction was 16th out of 18. But I'm 9th in the league with 13 games to go!

Is there a chance someone will buy the club?

Well, you have to spend money to make money. I was given a two year contract to keep the club in the division. Media prediction was 16th out of 18. But I'm 9th in the league with 13 games to go!

Is there a chance someone will buy the club?

It's possible but I won't hold out for it. A club in poor money situation might get bought out but if you're performing well and the chairman is happy it's very unlikely.

If you keep and eye on chairman status in the confidence/board room sections you can see whether anything is likely to happen.

When you are a club at that level and with those kind of finances 85k is way way too much to be paying just to release someone on a free transfer. There's no point lowering your wage bill if you are only doing it by plunging yourself into debt. Players like that you just have to keep hold of and doing everything you can to sell for £0 or agree mutual termination for a much lower fee.

Originally posted by glamdring:

If you mean you got yourself 700k into debt as a result of paying contract termination fees then I would say you already made a big misjudgement. If you mean you already had those debts and that you can't raise any money from players and have trimmed your wage bill by releasing players with paying no fee then all you can do is manage the team you have and try to bring onfield success with free transfers until your financial situation improves.

Obviously you can try to arrange some lucrative home friendlies against bigger clubs too, but your money-making avenues are fairly limited when you are a small club with players worth nothing.

I would rather take the short-term hit than have a long-term bloated wage budget.

1. Release Players

2. Get results and your attendances will go up

3. ????

4. PROFIT!!!!

So would I quite often, but it depends on the circumstanIf someone is on a 3 year contract and you are paying him all that at once to release him then it isn't worth it if you are a small club and will put yourself dangerously close to administration. I'm surprised the board allowed you to release a player for 85k to be honest!

Oh, I will also get 29k from my Parent club, PAOK Salonika at the end of the season.

Cancel this link and try and get a team thats willing to pay you more because 29K is not that much and remember to try and get one who will be willing to send some of their good youngsters on loan. If you can get some good players on loan this should be helpful in improving your league position which in turn should improve your finances.

Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh, I will also get 29k from my Parent club, PAOK Salonika at the end of the season.

Cancel this link and try and get a team thats willing to pay you more because 29K is not that much and remember to try and get one who will be willing to send some of their good youngsters on loan. If you can get some good players on loan this should be helpful in improving your league position which in turn should improve your finances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

29k is fine if you're a ***** lower league club. 29k would be about 7% of my annual turnover in my current game, very welcome it would be too. Sadly my board "sees no point" in forging links with other clubs.

Well, the board injected 440k into the club and I was 300 and something k in debt. I looked as though I might have got promoted in third spot for a long while. then in the last six games the goals dried up and two 3-0 defeats in the last two games meant I finished in seventh.

Got £210k for that, of which £170k was given to players! I arranged a few transfers for current, unused players and am noe £350k in debt.

Best thing to do would be to ignore it. The debt was already there when you joined the club, so you wont get the sack for it.

Sign free players to strengthen the squad, and hopefully gain promotions, and then the finances will sort themselves out.

Well, I've just arranged friendlies against Barcelona's, Sevilla's, Atletic and Real Madrid's B teams. Should bring in a bit of cash icon_biggrin.gif

How far are you allowed to travel? Try touring America. However, if that's not viable, then invite Beckham and Donovan over for a friendly...

• 1 month later...

Thats why managing small clubs is fun.

Just go to the transfer screen and veiw all the recently released players, then go through them and see what ones are good, most of them are better. I love free transfers.

Archived