Anyone else ordered from amazon?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did but just cancelled.

Got an e-mail asking if I wanted to upgrade my delivery method (at higher cost natch),to garuntee release date delivery!!

Never had that happen before and stinks to my mind.

Now preloading on Steam. Up yours Amazon - you lost a sale.

Did but just cancelled.

Got an e-mail asking if I wanted to upgrade my delivery method (at higher cost natch),to garuntee release date delivery!!

Never had that happen before and stinks to my mind.

Now preloading on Steam. Up yours Amazon - you lost a sale.

How much is FM12 on Steam/Amazon ?

Cheers

OK, so in conclusion there's a lot of confusion and amazon aren't doing what they promised. i got my copy for 24.99 and it comes to 27.02 for same day delivery but now they're not guaranteeing that. i'm confused and not really very happy.

i've only got pay-as-you-go mobile broadband so can't download same day via steam am reliant on amazon!

OK, so in conclusion there's a lot of confusion and amazon aren't doing what they promised. i got my copy for 24.99 and it comes to 27.02 for same day delivery but now they're not guaranteeing that. i'm confused and not really very happy.

i've only got pay-as-you-go mobile broadband so can't download same day via steam am reliant on amazon!

I'm the same as you dunno what's happening. I'll wait on them emailing me back and if they can't confirm Friday delivery I will be cancelling my order and going down to Tesco at 12 tomorrow night.

Amazon price has gone up to 27.99?

I ordered few weeks back for £25 with £2 extra for 1st class, just sent them an email asking if they are still sending it out in time for Friday morning.

on 5th october they wrote to me saying it was being SENT 19th for delivery 21st, now they're saying SENT 21st. not acceptable!

I'm the same as you dunno what's happening. I'll wait on them emailing me back and if they can't confirm Friday delivery I will be cancelling my order and going down to Tesco at 12 tomorrow night.

Just save yourself the hassle of Amazon and go to tesco. Might get mine from a shop if i don't bother with steam.

Just save yourself the hassle of Amazon and go to tesco. Might get mine from a shop if i don't bother with steam.

Why bother when its cheaper at green man gaming? Surely 95% of people have an internet connection that can download it from steam within the next 24 hours?

ordered 1 from Gamestation and 1 from Amazon for a friend.

Paid extra for delivery on release day from Amazon, no despatch e-mail from Amazon yet but received an e-mail from Gamestation on Monday saying had been despatched.

If no e-mail in morning will cancel from Amazon and but Friday from a shop.

Why bother when its cheaper at green man gaming? Surely 95% of people have an internet connection that can download it from steam within the next 24 hours?

Don't know much about them(greenmangaming). And I haven't decided if im ordering from steam or not yet.

Don't know much about them(greenmangaming). And I haven't decided if im ordering from steam or not yet.

As far as I know the retail copies just install to steam, so its exactly the same. When you buy with greenmangaming they just give you a key, you then login to steam, click activate product and enter the key they gave you. It will then preload (download) and be ready to play at 12:01am on Friday :)

Hopefully these links will show they are legit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man_Gaming & when they gave away free games: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/gaming/3681414/Games-for-gratis.html - There are many links around the internet showing they are legit, I've used them a few times.

Oh also if you go through topcashback here: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/green-man-gaming/ - you'll get £1.95 cash back.

So that makes it like £22.03 and you'll also have £2 credit on your greenmangaming account if you use my link: http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=gudexoba

I'm unsure of what to do.

I pre-ordered on Amazon on 3rd October with Super Saver Delivery, as I did the same last year and it still came on release day. However, this year it STILL hasn't dispatched and I'm wondering if I should cancel the pre-order and download directly from Steam? If I did download directly from Steam, would I still be able to set it to offline mode and not require an Internet connection?

EDIT>> Oh FFS, I've just checked again and literally in the last 5 minutes they've delayed dispatch again and the delivery estimate is October 27th!! Will be cancelling asap if someone can answer my above question.

To rub salt into the wound they've just changed the dispatch status to 'dispatching soon'. I can request cancellation, but is it a big hassle and how likely are they to cancel it for me? Having a total nightmare with it all this year, not good.

it's all getting very confusing isn't it?

tbh i found amazon's email customer service pretty good. emailed them about 3 times tonight and have been told in no uncertain terms that if i've paid for 1st class delivery i WILL get it on 21st/.

i'm guessing super-saver delivery: you won't!

regarding offline: there;s somewhere ~ i'll look for the thread then edit this post with the details ~ a thread saying you need to connect ONCE to steam to authenticate then can play in offline mode.

all a bit confusing to me, why should i have to jump thru hoops when i've genuinely paid for my copy to be able to play it? i know it'll cut down piracy but my copy is genuine and this offline/authenticate by connecting once mularkey had better be simple!

I'm unsure of what to do.

I pre-ordered on Amazon on 3rd October with Super Saver Delivery, as I did the same last year and it still came on release day. However, this year it STILL hasn't dispatched and I'm wondering if I should cancel the pre-order and download directly from Steam? If I did download directly from Steam, would I still be able to set it to offline mode and not require an Internet connection?

EDIT>> Oh FFS, I've just checked again and literally in the last 5 minutes they've delayed dispatch again and the delivery estimate is October 27th!! Will be cancelling asap if someone can answer my above question.

i found the thread mate: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/275972-Football-Manager-2012-Activation-Steam-FAQ

is your delivery date 21st? fingers crossed you get it at the same time also! is it coincidental i emailed them asking whats going on and it changed delivery status straight after? :D

mine's just saying, still, delivery date 21st. how it becomes available 21st and they manage to get it to the postman 21st is still beyond me but they DO say i'll get it on the day, just hope i guess........

Amazon always let me down on pre orders in the past. I don't use them anymore.

Got mine today, just a shame I gotta wait on steam. Totally understand why SI are doing it, though.

Used steam for the last 2 FM's, but got a good deal online for a boxed copy.

Amazon always let me down on pre orders in the past. I don't use them anymore.

Got mine today, just a shame I gotta wait on steam. Totally understand why SI are doing it, though.

Used steam for the last 2 FM's, but got a good deal online for a boxed copy.

are you allowed to fiddle with the DB while you're waiting or do you need to wait on that too? not that you DO fiddle with the DB but i do:- few minor tweaks. some help me, some hinder me but i like "my" reality and to be happy with it before i play.

doesn;t make a lot of difference tho, i'm not getting my copy from amazon til (hopefully) friday.

yeah, i'd have picked it up at tesco if i had to pay full whack for it, as i've only got pay-as-you-go mobile broadband and steam would be a) incredibly slow and b) would take up nearly all of my full month's data allowance meaning an extra £15 to top it up again.

i got £20 amazon vouchers from my brother for my birthday so with postage my amazon copy is only costing me £7.02. bargain!

I had an Email at 4pm Wednesday saying mine had been dispatched so I'm hoping for an early arrival later this morning. The game can be played straight out of the box can't it? It doesn't need to be activated via steam?

it does i'm afraid. there's a huge announcement at the top of the page on the site (and i posted the link earlier in this thread too) saying steam activation is mandatory to prevent piracy. apparently only need connect once. seems a bit complex to me but no, you wont be able to play until midnight tonight.

Don't go too much on the date Amazon say it will be delivered. Last year I chose free super saver delivery and was expecting it the Monday or Tuesday after release, but it actually turned up on release day, 3-4 days earlier than they told me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see mine arrive tomorrow.

EDIT: Just checked my order status online, apparently it has 'not yet shipped'. Oh dear, now I'm starting to get annoyed...:mad:

Oh dear postman just been.. no game :( and my amazon account still says dispatching soon, i still hold hope but thats rapidly fading

Mine said 'dispatching soon' until 8.30 pm last night then it said it had been dispatched and I got it today so as long as its dispatched today you should get it tomorrow. Obviously depends on whether you went with first class and where you live etc...

Don't go too much on the date Amazon say it will be delivered. Last year I chose free super saver delivery and was expecting it the Monday or Tuesday after release, but it actually turned up on release day, 3-4 days earlier than they told me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see mine arrive tomorrow.

EDIT: Just checked my order status online, apparently it has 'not yet shipped'. Oh dear, now I'm starting to get annoyed...:mad:

The biggest difference between First Class and Super Saver on Amazon is that First Class will normally be despatched earlier (If you try ordering an already released game with Super Saver they can take 1-2 days to send it out whilst with First Class it will be sent out the day you order). I've ordered stuff with Super Saver that has occasionally been sent out on release day rather then the day before, whereas every time I have used First Class it has been sent out early enough to turn up on release day (Royal Mail doing their part properly). Amazon do continue to despatch until about 8pm but I wouldn't bet on your game turning up until at least Saturday now.

Mine said 'dispatching soon' until 8.30 pm last night then it said it had been dispatched and I got it today so as long as its dispatched today you should get it tomorrow. Obviously depends on whether you went with first class and where you live etc...

ah okay thanks, yeah its first class and my area i would imagine there would be no problems at all getting it here. I shall just keep a look out on my amazon account until later tonight

Archived