Goalkeeper handballs

I am Rangers playing Elgin City in the SLC. Their keeper just came to collect the ball at the edge of the box but must of overstepped the mark as we were awarded a free kick. Keeper got booked and we scored the free kick.

Anyone ever had this before? It's a new one on me.

Had it happen in my save in a match Between Man Utd and Liverpool. Andy Carrol took a shot from the edge of the area, De Gea caught it in the middle of the goal. Gets flagged for Handball, Red Carded and Liverpool get given a Penalty. The commentary reckoned Jones had played the ball but he was nowhere near Carrol when he shot. At worst it'd have been a passback and an indirect freekick awarded. Football Manager 2012 seems to have its own rules. But guess it now teaches me that I must make sure a subs spot is wasted with a keeper as you may need a substitute one this time around.

I was watching one of those trialists matches on FM 2010 once and one of the keepers came rushing out like a madman to scoop up an errant long ball, despite there not being another living soul within thirty yards. Caught it on a bounce just inside the area but his momentum carried him out. Straight red. I had to laugh.

I was watching one of those trialists matches on FM 2010 once and one of the keepers came rushing out like a madman to scoop up an errant long ball, despite there not being another living soul within thirty yards. Caught it on a bounce just inside the area but his momentum carried him out. Straight red. I had to laugh.

But did you sign him?

In an odd thing a few weeks ago, I though to myself, "I've never seen a keeper handle outside the area"

Started a new game in the lower leagues of England with Tamworth, first friendly and their keeper is sent off for exactly that.

Buffon does it on semi regular basis irl

[video=youtube;l_-tax7ABRg]

phnompenhandy: I hope so to, but have yet to see any kind of indication of that to be the case on my half year long demo save

yeah had this happen to my opponents, when playing villarreal in a champions league game, Cesar came to collect, overstepped the line and got a yellow card. Was please incidentally to see the correct yellow card, most people think handling outside the area is a red card, whereas a deliberate handball is only ever a yellow card, the exception is when it simultaneously denies a clear goalscoring opportunity which is of course a red card.

incidentally had a strange run on fm10 when i have 4 goalkeeper's dismissed in the first half of the season for fouls such as handling outside the area, fouls through on goal etc. Was astonishing to see it happen so much especially when it happens so rarely in real life.

Had it happen in my save in a match Between Man Utd and Liverpool. Andy Carrol took a shot from the edge of the area, De Gea caught it in the middle of the goal. Gets flagged for Handball, Red Carded and Liverpool get given a Penalty. The commentary reckoned Jones had played the ball but he was nowhere near Carrol when he shot. At worst it'd have been a passback and an indirect freekick awarded. Football Manager 2012 seems to have its own rules. But guess it now teaches me that I must make sure a subs spot is wasted with a keeper as you may need a substitute one this time around.

i find i need my sub keeper about once or twice a season generally due to red cards and injuries, happens enough that i simply cannot tolerate not selecting a reserve keeper. besides when you can select 7 subs it is quite disappointing if anyone cannot find a spot for a goalkeeper amongst 7 of them

I am Rangers playing Elgin City in the SLC. Their keeper just came to collect the ball at the edge of the box but must of overstepped the mark as we were awarded a free kick. Keeper got booked and we scored the free kick.

Anyone ever had this before? It's a new one on me.

Yeh it used to be that you'd be red carded!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/190001-BUG-Red-Card-Goalkeeper-Handling-Outside-Box?highlight=goalkeeper+card

But I've seen it in the prem league. Reina I think it was (as mentioned in the thread posted).

I always have a keeper on the bench regardless of their necessity in FM, because that's how it is IRL. Whether or not they're required is another question.

BTW I think i've seen one keeper substitution in 6 seasons of watching Spurs IRL...

Archived