Ridiculous Result- Faulty ME

Dear SI,

I recently played a match in which my team dominated play. 65% of possession, 26 attempts, 11 CCCs. The ball was constantly in the oppositions half and yet my team could not find the net. Their centre back despite possessing the gait of the Sugar Puffs Honey Monster managed to almost single handedly keep out my team and score a 10 rating in the process...

I have never seen such a ludicrous result and it clearly shows that the match engine needs some serious looking at. Results like this would never happen in the real world.

Yours etc.

Dick Advocaat, Russia.

How about last year Barcelona pumping Arsenal over 2 legs with possession. shots on goal, passes completed and Arsenal had no attempt at goal in the away game. And we beat them 2-1 at the emirates and we were a Bendtner chance in the last 5 minutes away of going through.

Even being an Arsenal fan I know when a team have outclassed us and they embarrassed us at times!

Yes they need to fix the ME so that through balls and 1-on-1s is not the only way to create big chances. The defense in FM should have much better positioning, and the midfield should not be so easy to play or run through unhindered. Basically: less chances = no need to rig the game to punish people for creating "too many chances" by making strikers miss obvious goal scoring opportunities.

To put it simply:

There is no space in football. 0,1 seconds after receiving the ball anywhere on the pitch you will be assaulted by two-three burly men stomping all over you. All your passes are snapped up by the opposition, all dribbling attempts down the flanks will result in you crawling out of the commercial boards - if you can, all shots are blocked or easily caught by their octopus-keeper, crosses are blocked or headed away by the defenders. There is no time either.

Unless, of course, you are very very good at it. Then you succeed maybe once with the above, and then there's a goal. Because of a lapse of concentration, they gave you 0,2 seconds instead of 0,1 and -booom- that's all it takes!

In FM, it looks all so damn easy!

I couldnt disagree more Biggus, football isnt like that at all on the whole. Players, especially defenders and deep midfielders, often get 2-3 seconds on the ball without even being challenged (when their team is in possession and attacking) Its only when the play pushes further forward that players get less and less time on the ball.

This is why Barcelona are so effective, they are a team that press the ball all over the pitch and give the opposition no time at all on the ball. Many teams have tried to recreate it but I havent seen anyone do it on a regular basis yet.

I realise that whilst your post was laced with a certain level of irony, players certainly have much longer than 0.1-0.2 seconds on the ball in the real world.

Yes they need to fix the ME so that through balls and 1-on-1s is not the only way to create big chances. The defense in FM should have much better positioning, and the midfield should not be so easy to play or run through unhindered. Basically: less chances = no need to rig the game to punish people for creating "too many chances" by making strikers miss obvious goal scoring opportunities.

To put it simply:

There is no space in football. 0,1 seconds after receiving the ball anywhere on the pitch you will be assaulted by two-three burly men stomping all over you. All your passes are snapped up by the opposition, all dribbling attempts down the flanks will result in you crawling out of the commercial boards - if you can, all shots are blocked or easily caught by their octopus-keeper, crosses are blocked or headed away by the defenders. There is no time either.

Unless, of course, you are very very good at it. Then you succeed maybe once with the above, and then there's a goal. Because of a lapse of concentration, they gave you 0,2 seconds instead of 0,1 and -booom- that's all it takes!

In FM, it looks all so damn easy!

I think you have completely missed the fact he was talking about the Russia vs Ireland game the other night, nothing to do with FM.

How about last year Barcelona pumping Arsenal over 2 legs with possession. shots on goal, passes completed and Arsenal had no attempt at goal in the away game. And we beat them 2-1 at the emirates and we were a Bendtner chance in the last 5 minutes away of going through.

Even being an Arsenal fan I know when a team have outclassed us and they embarrassed us at times!

Tbf, last season, Leeds, Huddersfield and Orient embarrassed you at times too.. hehehe :lol:

Classic OP! Very funny :D:D

was quite funny apart from the fact im an ireland fan and you say 1 of our players is like the honey monster.

you cant see that in Richard Dunn? :D

Saying that he was heroic the other night, a true leader and captain. Coming back onto the pitch with his number written on in black marker pen was classic, he reminded me of that classic picture of Terry Butcher with his head bandage on!

I think you have completely missed the fact he was talking about the Russia vs Ireland game the other night, nothing to do with FM.

I was answering knowing the irony, thank you. Although I did miss the point about Russia vs Ireland. The irony is the same anyways - players missing 30 chances to score in a game does happen in RL and so FM should replicate it.

Although it is too easy to create dozens of huge chances, so SI has made sure that all games does not end 4-7 or 5-4 and such. That was my point. If it was not so easy creating chances in FM, SI would not have to...

Can anyone imagine how some users would react if France vs Scotland at the Park des Princes happened in FM. France with loads of pressure a couple of CCCs and Scotland with a goal from their only attempt a long punt from McFadden that went in off the goalie and the post.

RAGE :mad:

i know how u feel mate

in my save game Villa appointed blouse manager and replaced CL players like Makoun with duds like Jenas :S would never happen irl

PS - for a minute i thought u were an FML player for such moaning about CCC etc, then i realised u say russia :p

Archived