Please, SI.... I wanna yell at my complacent and poorly playing players in-game...

Now, I'm only able to do this before match and at half time. If I can make instruction to tell my players to change tactics to attacking or containing, play wider, etc... I should be able to yell at them , no ?

That's what the shout option is there for.

My understanding is that the OP wants to tell his players to pull their finger's out or they're off. This is not available, I know, I've asked for it before.

That is what he started to say, but as I've already mentioned, actually read the post. What he states that he would like to tell them, are mostly all shouts or quick tactic tweaks.

That is what he started to say, but as I've already mentioned, actually read the post. What he states that he would like to tell them, are mostly all shouts or quick tactic tweaks.

Yes he knows they are there, he is saying if we can shout tactics at players during the match, then why can't we shout at them to play better or threaten to sub them etc

Yes he knows they are there, he is saying if we can shout tactics at players during the match, then why can't we shout at them to play better or threaten to sub them etc

Can you imagine Sir Alex shouting "Giggs, can you play a bit better".

To do that, you use the shouts to change your tactics. If a player is playing poorly, most the time it is because the oppositions tactics are playing him out of the game. It's upto you to identify this and change it in your tactics.

Threatening to sub a player is more likely to make them play worse due to pressure than actually play better.

Coaches yell at their players to play harder all the time.

It's a good idea. It could be a thing where if you use it too much or at the wrong time, it would have negative consequences but if you use it at the right time it gets rid of the complacency status.

Coaches yell at their players to play harder all the time.

It's a good idea. It could be a thing where if you use it too much or at the wrong time, it would have negative consequences but if you use it at the right time it gets rid of the complacency status.

Not really. They yell at them to "close down more", "push up", "backline drop deeper", "stick to the touchline" (i.e "stop f***ing cutting inside and stay on the wing"), etc. These are all things that can currently be done or can be added to shouts.

The coach gives instructions, they dont just say do better. If that was the case, they wouldn't be payed so much.

Not really. They yell at them to "close down more", "push up", "backline drop deeper", "stick to the touchline" (i.e "stop f***ing cutting inside and stay on the wing"), etc. These are all things that can currently be done or can be added to shouts.

The coach gives instructions, they dont just say do better. If that was the case, they wouldn't be payed so much.

Yes but they are general shouts, an instruction to do something particular, usually to do with an area of the pitch, a shout that can be directed at selected individuals to shape up would be very handy after half time. Check the team talks, they are nothing like the shouts.

To do that, you use the shouts to change your tactics. If a player is playing poorly, most the time it is because the oppositions tactics are playing him out of the game. It's upto you to identify this and change it in your tactics.

Threatening to sub a player is more likely to make them play worse due to pressure than actually play better.

Fabio Capello once asked Dejan Savicevic to speed up the match, the player failed to do so, and get subbed very early, yelling on his way off. Seedorf and Ancelotti had quite similar act.

I think we should have individual instruction because:

1. We have all team instruction in game.

2. We have individual instruction before match, half time and after match.

3. We can have reports during game about individual playing poorly, looking wound-up, complacent etc. If we have reports, we should have be able to do something about that instead of just replacing them.

It would be nice to yell at complacent players during the game or address their complacency in the post game talk. This is completely different from a player having a bad match. It's especially annoying when you're giving back-ups and youngsters a chance to impress in a cup match and they get complacent or even worse, start complacent. An in-game individual shout out telling the player to smarten up would be more realistic. Look at Mancini and Ballotelli yesterday. You can't tell me Mancini only said "I'm angry at/disappointed with your performance." when they were on the sidelines or after the match. So I guess what I'm getting at is increased specificity during talks. Targeting specific player actions in talks would be awesome.

Fabio Capello once asked Dejan Savicevic to speed up the match, the player failed to do so, and get subbed very early, yelling on his way off. Seedorf and Ancelotti had quite similar act.

I think we should have individual instruction because:

1. We have all team instruction in game.

2. We have individual instruction before match, half time and after match.

3. We can have reports during game about individual playing poorly, looking wound-up, complacent etc. If we have reports, we should have be able to do something about that instead of just replacing them.

Exact;y, he didnt shout at him, he simply gave him an instruction to carry out. The player didnt do as he was ask so he was subbed. Is this not what you select with the shouts and tactic adjustments? If the player then isn't effective, you sub them.

Individual shouts would be handy.

Coaches always yell at players to liven up. Especially when theyre lacking on the marking, or not running back to fill spaces. Thats actually the definition of complacency right there. Not doing what youre supposed to do because you think your team is so superior that it doesnt matter. This falls under the "youre being ******, do it better" category, and it totally needs addressing.

Id love to have a feature to threaten to dump players on reserve teams or even sell them for being complacent. We need ways to adress the issue, not just sit and watch when players are being bad.

Id love to have a feature to threaten to dump players on reserve teams or even sell them for being complacent. We need ways to adress the issue, not just sit and watch when players are being bad.

You can in a private chat with the player, there are options that are something like "Warn Player Transfer List" and "Reserves" and you can tell them to work harder or else.

But that has nothing to do with the complacency, Its based on their game ratings and professionalism. I mean a feature to fight complacent players. Im pretty sure that after you yell at the same player 10 times in a row to stop being complacent, the last thing he would do is be complacent on a Champions League finals. And IF he gets dumped by complacency, there should be a way to totally dismiss the possibility of said player to ever show up to a game complacent again.

The way things are coded, its just totally random and based off press. This is kinda silly and needs more depth and realism. When you see a player being complacent on a Champions League finals just because you said your team is good on a press released you know somethings broken.

The way things are coded, its just totally random and based off press. This is kinda silly and needs more depth and realism. When you see a player being complacent on a Champions League finals just because you said your team is good on a press released you know somethings broken.

I agree with you on that. I'm sure they would say that there is a way to stop players from being complacent, but it doesn't really seem to be anything people can figure out on their own. And of course they won't just come out and tell us in the manual or anything.

Would actually love this feature. But i just know SI will never bother with it. If it worked properly it would help alot.

You never know, they are bound to spot this on page 69 in the wishlist thread!

A "Get Your Fingers Out" shout, with the option to direct it at certain individuals as well as a general team shout. To use as a modulator to a teamtalk that's being ignored, particularly after Half-Time, or to combat complacency, where it will be accepted by the players as a fair warning of imminent substitution.

Aren't they?

If my world class striker is missing sitters, after my assistant tells me before the match that he was overconfident/complacent, I wanna yell at him to get his act together.

If my 17 yr youth prospect is playing nervously in the first half, after I said "no pressure" to him before the match, I wanna reassure him that he is under no pressure.

I wanna be able to talk to players during half. Heck even if its just the captain.

And besides, the shouts only work for you if you have settings set on default. If you tinker with your tactics, or use classic tactics, some or all of the shouts are useless to you.

I want to be able to affect my players' mindset during the half...not just tactics that I have given them.

What it would essentially be is a switch to turn off complacency and nervousness. Complacent player? Shout "don't be complacent" at them every 5 minutes and problem solved.

If the game calculates that the player has ignored your half-time instruction ("don't get nervous" or "don't get complacent") then why would it go and calculate that your player then suddenly heeds your words 15 minutes later and becomes confident/ regains concentration? It would just be rewarding people for constantly repeating themselves.

Perhaps a single nuclear option, a threat of substitution could be added, either motivating a player, angering him or making him nervous. But I hope it's far down the priority list.

The option to criticise complacency rather than only bad performance after games does have merit, though- however, it's the kind of thing that a complacent player would probably ignore, so long as he felt he and the team were doing okay. So it shouldn't work too often.

Even when their form is mediocre, rather than outright bad, Berbatov-type players attract criticism if they're perceived to be coasting, so this should be reflected in the game.

Would actually love this feature. But i just know SI will never bother with it. If it worked properly it would help alot.

Yes because SI has never listened to community requests....... :rolleyes:

Contrary to what people on here seem to think now team talks, press conferences in fact just about every feature added to the game in the last 5 years has been on the back of requests on the forums. As soon as SI put something into the game people forget that they requested it and instead turn to saying what a bad idea it is and why the game doesn't need it.

Yes because SI has never listened to community requests....... :rolleyes:

Contrary to what people on here seem to think now team talks, press conferences in fact just about every feature added to the game in the last 5 years has been on the back of requests on the forums. As soon as SI put something into the game people forget that they requested it and instead turn to saying what a bad idea it is and why the game doesn't need it.

The problem I have with team talks and press conferences is not that they are there - they are a natural part of the game once the decision is to go more in-depth - but that they are unbalanced. The "motivation engine" is evidently flawed because not only are many human managers complaining about loss of suspension of disbelief when professional footballers have mental breakdowns just because the media says their team are huge favourites, but even the AI managers do not cope with the motivation/morale system! Just check out the league tables around the FM game world and you will see that every season some clubs go 10, 20, 30, whole seasons without a win.

The game is unbalanced because once you have built a team of determined, professional, ambitious and pressure-handling players, it is very easy to go through a season undefeated, and because the AI does not know how to get out of a poor run of form (or maintaining a good run past 8 games in most cases - that is when the real complacency sets in).

Edit: what I wanted to conclude with was that SI needs to put player quality (and how they fit a tactic) on the throne again, and team talks/morale back where it belongs - at its feet.

I can usually tell before half-time if players are "complacent" even if the widget doesn't tell me so... I then use "don't get careless"/"don't let your performance drop" as my base half-time team-talk (individual team-talks will vary depending on the game, how they're playing, etc..).

@recury: if it's not something that people can figure out by themselves, how come I can?

Press conferences, manager interaction and player interactions are not as difficult to figure out as people make out either. You generally have a reason for saying something, whether it is to increase pressure on your opponents or decrease pressure on your team; whether it is to motivate a particular player to perform well or to take the pressure off a debutant, everything you say has a reason for you saying it. If you then DON'T follow it up with your team-talk then it is YOUR fault if they don't perform...

similarly, if your reason for saying something is flawed and you don't fix it with your team-talk it will again back-fire on you.

Basically: 1. Know what you want to say and WHY you want to say it (what response are you hoping for) and 2. Follow it up with your team-talk, i.e. your team-talk should directly relate to what you've said in PC's or manager/player interactions.

If my world class striker is missing sitters, after my assistant tells me before the match that he was overconfident/complacent, I wanna yell at him to get his act together.

funny.

just happen with Balotelli and Toberto Mancini..

A comedy drama... :D

Guest nik1313

response to OP: "Please, SI.... I wanna yell at my complacent and poorly playing players in-game... "

yell them to take a breather

I'd also like an option to shout at the ref, the assistants, the fourth official, opposing players, the opposing manager, the team mascot, the opponents' mascot, the crowd and - as the opposition slot home an injury time equaliser with their first on target attempt in the entire match - God, as and when appropriate.

I'd also like an option to shout at the ref, the assistants, the fourth official, opposing players, the opposing manager, the team mascot, the opponents' mascot, the crowd and - as the opposition slot home an injury time equaliser with their first on target attempt in the entire match - God, as and when appropriate.

That would only work if you could prove the existence of ref!

Id also like something like this, maybe a whole slew of individual shouts.

So if your ST is blasting shots from miles out despite being on LS - rarely you can shout 'stop hitting long shots' and he knows that if he doesnt he will subbed. This would provide a much more realistic if somewhat complicated to program way of controlling a match. Currently I can only tell (for instance) my entire team to push up why cant I tell individuals to do so?

Customizable words, like in the press conference. Later....

"Ha, gaffer, I remember when you told me: "If you don't mark him I'm going to have to come on the pitch and do it for you!".

And also some notes like Jose Mourinho used to send out to players. A little slip of paper that says something like "I know where you live Mikel."

I think if you want to yell at players to "play better", the question would be - how do you want to them to play better. Is it they should push up more? Is it they should get stuck into the opposition more or is there anything you want them to stop doing? I think the shouts are good in this respect, but do (as far as I know) apply to all team members, not just the one person you have an issue with.

So if you could just tweak it so the the shouts could be directed at one person this should solve the problem, no?

I think if you want to yell at players to "play better", the question would be - how do you want to them to play better. Is it they should push up more? Is it they should get stuck into the opposition more or is there anything you want them to stop doing? I think the shouts are good in this respect, but do (as far as I know) apply to all team members, not just the one person you have an issue with.

So if you could just tweak it so the the shouts could be directed at one person this should solve the problem, no?

I want to be able to address nervousness, complacency, lack of discipline and loss of confidence because of mistakes also outside of the changing room.

They already have their instructions, the idea is to tell them to start following them, or else!

They already have their instructions, the idea is to tell them to start following them, or else!

Isn't it your job as manager to figure out just what it is that is causing your players to not follow your instructions and fix that instead?

Yes, and I just spotted him looking complacent, whatever that looks like, and not performing his role within the team.

Here's what to do... set his mentality to gung-ho (that's 20/20) and his closing down to whole pitch (20/20) and let him run around like a Billy Hunt for ten minutes... that'll sort him ;)

Here's what to do... set his mentality to gung-ho (that's 20/20) and his closing down to whole pitch (20/20) and let him run around like a Billy Hunt for ten minutes... that'll sort him ;)

But he's 'looking complacent' and 'not performing his role within the team so that probably won't work.:rolleyes: Nice try though.

Archived