Favorite match view...give your opinion

2D and elevated in match: I use 2D especially when I want to tweak my tactics because something isn't working on the team level (e.g. positioning, tempo, closing down etc.) and switch to elevated once I think it's OK

TV for replays: it looks good, but isn't particularly conducive to tweaking your tactics

Commentary only: when I'm 4-0 down after 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by sjm

Commentary only: when I'm 4-0 down after 15 minutes

You give up then?

I might have exaggerated a bit, but I've definitely had the odd game where we just didn't have a chance. This has happened a few times in cups against much bigger teams (I'm playing Gloucester); and a few of the big boys just relegated from the EPL were too much in my first Championship season (Stoke springs to mind). Not really much you can do when they're that much better. Every now and then you have to accept you're going to get a real hiding :(

I normally watch full highlights btw, but I'll sometimes switch to Commentary only or Key when I've obviously won the match - it does make things much quicker :)

Main Stand. For me its the best in terms of having a great view for tactical tweaks, and at the same time, having a real nice experience viewing the game.

TV, its too close to the players, so you miss a lot of the teams movements.

For replays: Behind the corner or touchline

Touchline mainly, but sideline on smaller pitches. Sideline would be the perfect view if the camera scrolled or zoomed about 1/3rd across the pitch when the ball is on the far side.

I've never liked 2D, graphically it reminds me of football games I was playing on 8 bit computers back in the 80's. Commentry - I've never used and never will... football is meant to be watched, not read ;)

Main Stand. For me its the best in terms of having a great view for tactical tweaks, and at the same time, having a real nice experience viewing the game.

TV, its too close to the players, so you miss a lot of the teams movements.

For replays: Behind the corner or touchline

I agree. We really need a zoom in and out button so we can tailor views exactly how we want them. I'd use TV more if I could zoom out a little - it just seems too close for me. Whereas sideline seems too far ! lol. SI can we have a zoom feature in FM12? :thup::D

Archived