Cannot buy from Everton

Exactly what the title states... I started a 11.3 game with Man City and I wanted to snap up Fellaini and Rodwell for my hardcore midfield... However, after having bids accepted from Everton, both players agents will not enter contract talks with me (I have already cleared out most of the midfield from the squad). Also bid for Cahill and Howard to test and same thing... no agent talks.

Anyone else have this issue? I know someone was saying in Italy they were having issues with something like this...

That's a very helpful response :D

Are they interested in going to Man City? Do the Scout reports say they're extremely interested?

Everton view Man City as minor rivals in the game, perhaps that's having an effect?

I think the problem is clearly because Man utd and Man city are down as minor rivals for Everton. I dont think this should affect negotiations though because irl these clubs have done lots of deals with Everton

I signed both before, with City on 11.2 and even Fellaini on my career game on 11.2, I praised both players in the press, Rodwell loved the praise and Fellaini was mum on the situation and stated to come get him if I wanted him. Its just wierd that it hasn't happened before and now its happening to all Everton players...

Also rivals mean nothing now in soccer to players except for the older generation. Youth in soccer care about money, then winning, then loyality

you all seem to think that these world-class players are nuts to not want to play for a rookie manager they've never heard of... :rolleyes:

Fellaini and Rodwell are not world class players yet, but I get your point. BUT its a simulation game and for the sake of a Man City save, an international footballer rep is all that the AI should see.

There's a bit of tension between City and toffee's fans after the way they went about the Lescott saga or so I'm lead to believe.

Yes I can understand that, but surely that would be hostillity between the clubs. Once the bid has been accepted I can't see why the player isn't interested - not because of club rivalry anyway, personal likes/dislikes sure.

Liverpool and Manchester really hate each other. Don't you people understand that? I'd rather cut my nuts off than work or live in Manchester and have turned down better paid jobs in Manchester just because it's Manchester. Any self respecting Liverpudlian would never go there and those that do are never welcome back, i.e. Rooney. How many Liverpudlians do you know who have worked in Manchester? You can count them on one hand, and top of the list, the most hated man from Liverpool when he was at the height of his powers, Big Ron Atkinson, he's not really a Liverpudlian but was born here, how dare he manage Manchester United.

So not a bug, just being realistic. Maybe a Lescott might join City, but a Rodwell definitely wouldn't. I'm surprised at Fellaini, but maybe he's become something of a Liverpudlian on the game as those that live and play here, and I know for sure Fellaini actually lives in Liverpool (rather than Cheshire), can become as bigoted as the rest of us.

Liverpool and Manchester really hate each other. Don't you people understand that? I'd rather cut my nuts off than work or live in Manchester and have turned down better paid jobs in Manchester just because it's Manchester. Any self respecting Liverpudlian would never go there and those that do are never welcome back, i.e. Rooney. How many Liverpudlians do you know who have worked in Manchester? You can count them on one hand, and top of the list, the most hated man from Liverpool when he was at the height of his powers, Big Ron Atkinson, he's not really a Liverpudlian but was born here, how dare he manage Manchester United.

So not a bug, just being realistic. Maybe a Lescott might join City, but a Rodwell definitely wouldn't. I'm surprised at Fellaini, but maybe he's become something of a Liverpudlian on the game as those that live and play here, and I know for sure Fellaini actually lives in Liverpool (rather than Cheshire), can become as bigoted as the rest of us.

I mean no offence, but that’s a touch excessive don’t you think?

Fellaini and Rodwell are not world class players yet, but I get your point. BUT its a simulation game and for the sake of a Man City save, an international footballer rep is all that the AI should see.

Yeah, he sees an international footballer that he's never heard of...

Carlton Palmer played for England, Tony Adams was gonna be the shizzle as a manager, Paul Ince, Paul Gascoigne, Lineker and Hansen et al, all "international footballer" rep but useless as a manager...

to try it I got bid accepted as Man u for rodwell................no go with agent

so used fmrte to see what happened...put Utd as his fav club= same result

made him amazingly unhappy=same result

put him listed by request=same result

gave him 1k a week contract along with all above = same result

I then gave up !!!!

Archived