Mr Hough FM11.2 Winger tactic----RUSSIAN TWEAKS-----

Which version works best for you?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Which version works best for you?

First I have to say that 90-95 % of the tactic is by Mr Hough. I just tried to make his tactic better in defence.

Pitch size is minimum. No OI's. Team Talks by yourself or assistant.

The tactic still scores a lot but is more solid in the back.

http://www.filefront.com/17869970/Mr-Hough-FM11.2-Unbeaten-Tactic-russian-tweaks-Mainz-Jan-2011.tac/

Now some screens and explanations:

60290708.jpg

21457167.jpg

For me the original tactic was conceding too much even with the tweaks, so I tried to make the defence more solid.

The problem was to do so without losing the immense offensive quality of the tactic. I tried a lot of things, finally I decided to play with only one striker and

three midfielders (2 cm's, 1 dm).

The idea was to put a dm in front of the d-line to disturb counters and attacking moves if the both cm's failed to win the ball before.

The both cm's try close down on the whole pitch and are more defensive than offensive, but I had to compensate the lost striker.

So I allowed the cm's to run from deep sometimes to create additional chances and help during attacking moves. The right cm tries some long shots sometimes (good rating is important otherwise its useless), the left one never tries long shots. If both cm's shot regularly it would lead to losing possesion very often.

I have always selected defensive positioning in MP, because my team is relatively weak and the attack always works with this tactic.

BTW I use SK Training Schedules from fm-base

--- I have the striker selected as target man---

---If u look at the league table u will see that I conceded a lot. Its because I used the orginal tactic at the beginning of the season. During that time I lost most of the games conceding up to 7 goals per game---

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

V2 out now !!!

I tried to improve both attack and defence. The cm's are now a lil bit more offensive., the d-line isnt that deep anymore. The centrebacks

concentrate only on defending now. I put the dm on zonal marking. The tempo is a lil bit higher.

http://www.filefront.com/17879680/Mr Hough FM11.2 Unbeaten Tactic-russian tweaks-V2 (Mainz, Sep 2011).tac

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

V2.5 out now !!!

Everything was improved a lil bit, nothing radical, just a few lil tweaks.

Select all your strikers and wingers (!!!!) as target man!!!

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20011972/RUSSIAN+TWEAKS+-+V+2.5+%28Mainz%2C+Nov+2012%29.tac

V2.5.1 out now !!!

i changed just a very few things, the tactic is working me so far ;)

Pitch Size Minimum

SK Training from fm-base

Match Prep on Team Blend

No OI's

Team Talks by assistant

select all your wingers and strikers as target men !!!

u need wingers with good finishing and technical skills (of course pace is also important , e.g. douglas costa)

fast strikers like vagner love

allround midfielders like lucas, gerrard, mariga (inter) etc.

fullbacks with good heading e.g. van der wiel

123mut.jpg

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20333740/RUSSIAN+TWEAKS+-+V+2.5.1+%28Liverpool%2C+Jun+2010%29.tac

Have fun !!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tactic is fantastic, out of all modifications from MR. Hough's original latest tactic this is BY FAR the best IMO, using it ina variety of teams, Schalke, now Genoa and it's very solid in defence, probably the best part of this tactic

russian you are great!! for me now this tactic is the best! the attributes for the players is the same as mr hough??

almost the striker and the wingers are a lil bit more important now, as you have only three truly attacking players left (quality replaces quantity), but you should concentrate on DEFENCE and midfielders.

I also prefer a striker with good heading, and the right cm should be good in long shots

Looks interesting. Gave it a try in my Dortmund save, managed to get an even away game after Atletico Madrid even though I was forced to play MCs from my U19 team lol. Won 1:0, had less shots (same "on target" tho), and more CCCs (3 vs 1). Although that might've been because Subotic had an amazing game :p

Will keep trying for a bit longer.

Looks interesting. Gave it a try in my Dortmund save, managed to get an even away game after Atletico Madrid even though I was forced to play MCs from my U19 team lol. Won 1:0, had less shots (same "on target" tho), and more CCCs (3 vs 1). Although that might've been because Subotic had an amazing game :p

Will keep trying for a bit longer.

the other team might have a lot of shots, but less CCCs. The attacking players are forced to shoot from far away because of the solid defence.

Playing with Cardiff in the Championship. Now bear in mind that we were predicted to finish second anyway, I've only just picked up FM11 and so was experimenting. First tactic I tried was a straight, instruction by instruction, convert of Mr Hough and JP Woody Final 10.3, it was working but whereas in FM10 it was a very solid tactic, here the average score was about 4-3 to me. It was crazy. I then tried Mr Hough Complete Dominance 10.2 which was more solid but my team had a big fall away at the end of the season with it. Now I've tried this and my results were, P: 11 W: 7 D: 3 L: 1 F: 24 A: 13 - so still quite high scoring. Also two of the draws and the loss came in the first five games. So looking good so far. I did manage to finish top on GD. And, impressively I thought, managed to win the FA Cup! Though managed to avoid all the big guns, beating Fulham in the semis and Wolves in the final. Plus I like this formation because it is what Cardiff have been playing this season. Well done.

P.S. Could someone please explain, or point me in the direction of, the importance of pre-match preparation. It's new this year and like I said, I've just upgraded to FM11. Thanks.

Russian: I have one Major complaint with your tactic tweak.

My 6 strikers doesn't get the match experience I want them to and it frustrates me to see them sitting and waiting for gameplay ;)

Now some might say that I just have to sell them on but them I'm sure that the 11.3 patch comes out and makes the 3-strikers tactics the best again.

Note: This is just fun!

russian, any chance you upload player search filters if there are significant changes to Mr Houghs ones

same as Mr Hough's.

passing is important for all players, heading for all except the wingers.

if your cm's have high long shots and finishing ratings it will help.

pace should be at least 12 for all players (for the wingers at least 13)

Russian: I have one Major complaint with your tactic tweak.

My 6 strikers doesn't get the match experience I want them to and it frustrates me to see them sitting and waiting for gameplay ;)

Now some might say that I just have to sell them on but them I'm sure that the 11.3 patch comes out and makes the 3-strikers tactics the best again.

Note: This is just fun!

you need 3 strikers, 2 good ones (one on the pitch, one on the bench) and a third promising wonderkid to make sure that you got enough players if one gets injured. I would advice you to sell some of your strikers and invest the money into a solid defence

Archived