What do do with an unhappy MESSI!!!

Im in 2013/14 season with barcelona and winning everything but my problem is trying to get MESSI to sign a new contract. His current contract runs out in 2016 but he is unhappy and is looking for a new contract. He is on 275k a week but he is looking for 425k and week and wont settle for anything less. The board will only offer him 335k, so do i leave him to stew on 275 in the hope that his wage demands lower closer to the end of his contract or try cash in on him, and lose the best player in the world.

Its now january 2014 transfer window so any ideas???

ive had an option in player interaction pop up once asking a player to reduce his wage demands, ive not been able to use the option since though so not sure what situation its available in. Its in the transfer section on player interaction if you're not sure

ive had an option in player interaction pop up once asking a player to reduce his wage demands, ive not been able to use the option since though so not sure what situation its available in. Its in the transfer section on player interaction if you're not sure

checked it but dont have the option........i have him on the transfer list now but aint having any bids just a bit of interest from Arsenal

Im in 2013/14 season with barcelona and winning everything but my problem is trying to get MESSI to sign a new contract. His current contract runs out in 2016 but he is unhappy and is looking for a new contract. He is on 275k a week but he is looking for 425k and week and wont settle for anything less. The board will only offer him 335k, so do i leave him to stew on 275 in the hope that his wage demands lower closer to the end of his contract or try cash in on him, and lose the best player in the world.

Its now january 2014 transfer window so any ideas???

Offer his agent as much money as you possibly can? Several times in order to sign a player whose wage demands I can't meet, I've thrown a huge fee to the agent who then persaudes the player to take the deal - eg. if the player wants a minimum of £50k a week and the agent is requesting £1m, and my wage cap is £40k, I've been able to get the contract accepted by offering £40k to the player and £2m to the agent.

on my three (!!) La Liga saves in 2015/2016 Messi was playing 6.90 the entire season, and as the result Barcelona dropped to 7th place and they sacked 2 managers (I am NOT Barcelona, just observation in La Liga). So, he is not going to be the best player in the world forever, no matter what his CA/PA says. However, his wages are indeed 425k in my saves. Yuck!!

P.S. yes, I DO realize it might be different if a team is human-managed, but still, nobody plays good forever and nobody is indispensable, he is not worth 425K, IMO.

This happens big players in the game. He'll keep asking for higher wages. But as he gets 3 months from the end of his contract their demands will go down and he'll eventually sign a new contract with you.

It's a bug in the game.

on my three (!!) La Liga saves in 2015/2016 Messi was playing 6.90 the entire season, and as the result Barcelona dropped to 7th place and they sacked 2 managers (I am NOT Barcelona, just observation in La Liga). So, he is not going to be the best player in the world forever, no matter what his CA/PA says. However, his wages are indeed 425k in my saves.

In the past four years he's won the Ballon d'Or every time with a rating that never falls bellow 8.20. I am not managing in Spain (I'm in England) but I do have the Spanish leagues loaded.

Hehe in my save Barcelona (not my team) keeps offering him new contract but he declines because the 'wage is too low'. I'm in 2016 and he's going to be a free agent in 2 months.

He won't he'll sign a contract shortly.

It's a bug in the game. It happens to a lot of the really good players on high wages.

Offer the agent more and Messi will sign a lower contract. Remember agents couldn't really care less about their clients they would sell their own mothers for a fat pay check

This depends on the agent's personality. When you're negotiating the agent's attributes appear at the top right. If he has a high fee attribute, then yes this may work.

This situation often happens in the game. If you want to sign him early, to prevent losing him on Bosman Ruling, you can offer him a contract with the maximum wage your club allows together with a huge bonus for appearances and goals.

Archived