Missed the last six penalties in a row?

Has anyone ever done this? or possibly more?

Thankfully, in the majority of games it hasn't gone on to be too important. Seems a bit severe like though. What exactly determines a good penalty taker?

EDIT- the drought is over! DJ Campbell has just notched a pen for me

Yeah, I think it's a known bug.

To answer your question, a good penalty taking stat (obviously) but I also think good composure helps

and technique.

Seen it mentioned but not experienced it myself.

Scored all of mine last season which was around five or six.

there's most definatly a problem with pens, won my last shoot out 3-2 after the opposing team blew 3 out of 5, opposing teams have also missed over 50% of the pens I have conceded in match last session

Found this site with some interesting penalty facts: http://www.castrolfootball.com/

More than that, especially for the World Cup 2010 tournament, the Castrol team of performance analysts analyzed each penalty taken in the last 5 World Cups both during matches and penalty shootouts by all teams who qualified for the South African competition to better understand the psychological impact the penalty shootouts pressure have on field players and goalkeepers. The results are truly surprising:

* 81% of the penalties taken during the matches are converted while only 66% during the penalty shoot outs

* Players who go first in penalty shootouts are 7 times more likely to score than those executing the penalties last

* The older a player is the less likely he will score – only 71% of those above 28 years scored

* Right foot players have a 69% penalty conversion rate, while left foot players only 50%

* Goalkeepers wearing green jerseys let through 62 % of the penalties, those wearing black 65%, blue 69%, while goalkeepers wearing red jersey couldn’t save any penalty

* Strikers with a penalty conversion result of 74% are most likely to score, followed by defenders with a 69% success rate, while midfielder are the most unlikely to score with a 58% success figure attached.

* Finally, only 40% of penalties are converted by players if the team final survival depends on that penalty, while 92% of penalties are converted in the opposite situation, when the penalty is to decide the winner.

Penalties seem a bit off to me on this version. I don't ever remember missing so many.

I've tracked three seasons worth of non-shootout penalties with Arsenal. First season made 5 of 12 for 42% conversion rate. Second season converted 6 of 10 for for 60% success rate and third season 12 of 14 for 86% success rate. Each year the rate has improved so I guess it is not a major issue.

Does anyone know what the success rate of non shootout penalties is during the course of a whole season for the Premier League?

For me the most important thing seems to be not having 20 for penalties. Van Nistelrooy missed 6/6 pens in a season with pretty much perfect stats for any attribute which could possibly influence penalties, but my goalie

Enyeama managed to slot all 3 of his pens with only 13 for penalties.

I had a weird thing with penalties too - the first 4 months or so of the game, no team in any matches I played scored a single penalty. It wasn't until my 9th penalty of the season that we scored one. Since then we have scored them all. The AI has had less penalties, but also missed the first 4 or so, before they started converting every penalty as well (about a month before we scored our first penalty).

I think that there is something weird going on, but it might not be as simple as just too many penalties are missed. It might be that some things have too big an impact on penalty taking. My impression was that match sharpness may have been (at least partly) to blame - but still, 10 penalty misses in a row for both me and the AI seemed too many, whatever the reason.

Are you guys having this problem throughout the entire season?

Whats stamina got to do with taking a penalty?

Clearly you played very few penalty shoot outs within cups, otherwise you should have clearly noticed that the most fatigued players tend to have low chances of scoring penalties, also the CPU tends to choose among the less tired players when picking up the 5 main shooters.

Clearly you played very few penalty shoot outs within cups, otherwise you should have clearly noticed that the most fatigued players tend to have low chances of scoring penalties, also the CPU tends to choose among the less tired players when picking up the 5 main shooters.

Ah, right.

Your right I've had very few penalty shootouts, I might have considered condition which is of course linked to stamina.

Archived