I've had it with this transfer system!!!

SiN8

I'm barely into my second season as Arsenal and I've been offered Dzeko, Benzema, Paulo Henrique, Balotelli, Boateng, Frey, Montollivio, Lavezzi, Shawcross, De Rossi and Akinfeev all for the ridiculously low face value of which most are less than 10m. I'm annoyed, but I continue playing while trying to ignore the unrealistic and broken transfer market.

Then, this gem popped up in my mailbox...

picture1sc.png

Are you freaking kidding me??? Tottenham wants to sell their key player to their hated rival for a measly 7.5m!! Did anyone even play the game before releasing it to the public? This is not some obscure and hard to find bug. It's blatantly obvious to anyone managing in the top leagues.

FM10.3 was a great game. I realize that SI needs to add features to sell FM11. But at least get them developed and tested early so you get a chance to either fix any side effects or drop the feature entirely before release. Stop relying on your paying customers as your testers. There's almost 13,000 posts in the bug forum and the game has only been out one month. We want a playable product on release day, not after two or three patches a couple months later.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yip. Totally agree. Far to easy to buy great players. Aslong as they are on your shortlist they get offered to you at cheap as prices. I got Hamsik for 9.5m after first season. Had to turn a lot of other good deals down cos I just couldnt play the players anywhere.

I was Arsenal as well and I bet you see how hard it is to manage them in FM2011. So many players coming through like Nordviet, Lansbury and JET.

This is the exact reason I have stopped playing this game. They need to get a quick fix out now for this problem in my opinion as it's a joke. I should of none from all the previous years that this game would be bug ridden and should of waited, but then why should I wait for a game to be playable when it SHOULD be playable on release day!

It's clearly a major issue but SI have already said it will be addressed in the next patch.

2 more patches still to come for FM2011. Im very confident 11.3 will be a much better game than 10.3, and I thought 10.3 was the best yet.

Be patient and keep playing 10.3 until the game is ready, thats what im doing.

It's clearly a major issue but SI have already said it will be addressed in the next patch.

2 more patches still to come for FM2011. Im very confident 11.3 will be a much better game than 10.3, and I thought 10.3 was the best yet.

Same here - but the OP's point is that we shouldn't have to. At the moment we are the guinea pigs, we (the paying customer) seem to be the testers each year. It is very frustrating, I'm sure if you did a vote the large majority would be happy for a release every 2 years instead of 1, if it meant the game was playable from the start.

Same here - but the OP's point is that we shouldn't have to. At the moment we are the guinea pigs, we (the paying customer) seem to be the testers each year. It is very frustrating, I'm sure if you did a vote the large majority would be happy for a release every 2 years instead of 1, if it meant the game was playable from the start.

Maybe, but tbh im in the camp who say at least SI work hard to release fixes for the game, as late as 4/5 months after the game is released.

Ive learned to adapt to this every year. My FM cycle goes from Febuary - Feburary as opposed to October - October. (ie. 10.3 - 11.3)

I fully understand the OP frustrations, he is paying hard earned cash for a game in October and wants to play a fully fixed game immediately. Unfortunately with all computer games there will be bugs, but at least we know our game will be patched which is probably not the case with every game out there.

I don't see us as guinea pigs. We pay 30-40 euro / pounds / dollars etc for a game that gives us incredible entertainment for a whole year. Amazing value imo. If it takes these forums to make the game better via patches then ive no problem with that. Im happy if ive contributed.

Although i haven't encountered anything like this yet, errm, apart from Tevez being offered to me(Spurs) for 9million quid, this is clearly very, very bad. Modric to Arsenal for 7.5mill, Messi on a free at 28 and so on, it would really flatten the game for me.

Let's hope patch 11.2 can remedy this. OP, maybe put it in the bug forum, because the more examples we give of this the more they(SI) will take it into account.

When you say barely into your second season, do you mean the transfer window in 2011 is still open?

Agreed. I made a thread a few weeks ago stating that we should not buy the game until it is fixed, too late for people that have bought this years but next year if enough of us wait until the final patch before buying maybe SI will start to release the game only when it is complete.

Unfortunatly this appears to be an alarming trend from a lot of major game developers. The amount of games that are released with ridiculous bugs in is getting stupid. However the reason developers can do this is that they know there is a loyal fanbase out there that will buy on release day regardless. I was one of these people who used to buy on release day every year after the year before promising myself I would wait until the major bugs had been ironed out and this is the first year I have relented. My point is that due to FM being such an iconic game SI could release anything and there would still be queues on release day. Same as EA with fifa which is also released every year very bug ridden, the only difference being SI will try to fix bugs via patches.

Maybe, but tbh im in the camp who say at least SI work hard to release fixes for the game, as late as 4/5 months after the game is released.

Ive learned to adapt to this every year. My FM cycle goes from Febuary - Feburary as opposed to October - October. (ie. 10.3 - 11.3)

I fully understand the OP frustrations, he is paying hard earned cash for a game in October and wants to play a fully fixed game immediately. Unfortunately with all computer games there will be bugs, but at least we know our game will be patched which is probably not the case with every game out there.

I don't see us as guinea pigs. We pay 30-40 euro / pounds / dollars etc for a game that gives us incredible entertainment for a whole year. Amazing value imo. If it takes these forums to make the game better via patches then ive no problem with that. Im happy if ive contributed.

A very good post

Well next year, if i buy the game at all, i won't buy it untill it's fully patched. If everyone does that perhaps it will prompt SI into testing the game properly, or atleast, not releasing the game when they know full well the sort of bugs in it. But then again if no-one buys it at release they won't bother fixing it? Bit of a catch 22. But to release the game with the spanish/france thing and the transfer system means one of two things, 1)They don't test the game properly, 2)They test the game, see the bugs, but release it anyway, knowing they can patch the game and still have people buy it on opening day.

Well next year, if i buy the game at all, i won't buy it untill it's fully patched. If everyone does that perhaps it will prompt SI into testing the game properly

I think this is a dangerous way of looking at it.

I don't know how SI operate as a business, but I imagine they have numerous contracts and obligations to fulfill aswell as financial targets to hit. Lets say everyone refuses to buy the game in October, could that put the future of of the FM series in jeopardy?

Again Im only speculating. But if your happy with the game after the 3rd patch, why not switch your FM cycle from Oct-Oct to Feb-Feb. Works great for me. I bought FM11 already, but haven't taken it out of the box. Will play 10.3 until 11.3 is out.

I think this is a dangerous way of looking at it.

I don't know how SI operate as a business, but I imagine they have numerous contracts and obligations to fulfill aswell as financial targets to hit. Lets say everyone refuses to buy the game in October, could that put the future of of the FM series in jeopardy?

Again Im only speculating. But if your happy with the game after the 3rd patch, why not switch your FM cycle from Oct-Oct to Feb-Feb. Works great for me. I bought FM11 already, but haven't taken it out of the box. Will play 10.3 until 11.3 is out.

Yes, it would be a dangerous way of looking at it, and i'm aware of the theoretical implications of doing that. However, we're not really talking about minor bugs here. So as i said, it means one of two things, and if either are the case, then it's essentially treating the customer with a level of disrespect. I'm not pinning that on SI, perhaps it is Sega who are tying their hands behind their backs. Who knows. And as complex as this game is to implement, and as great a job as SI do, we should at the very least have a well tested game(because the transfer/spanish card/French show that this is not the case) to use when we have paid £30 for it, and not have to wait 2-5 months. That is a fundamental of business, and if it's not the case then, in most other business, customers or client do not return again and again. When you release a product at a certain date, you do not use the customers who have paid for it as testers, and that is what we are at the moment. Except we pay to do it.

Now of course, i am 100% certain that SI are doing everything they can to sort this all out, but from a business perspective it is pretty amateur, and i don't think there is a valid argument for it.

Well next year, if i buy the game at all, i won't buy it untill it's fully patched. If everyone does that perhaps it will prompt SI into testing the game properly, or atleast, not releasing the game when they know full well the sort of bugs in it. But then again if no-one buys it at release they won't bother fixing it? Bit of a catch 22. But to release the game with the spanish/france thing and the transfer system means one of two things, 1)They don't test the game properly, 2)They test the game, see the bugs, but release it anyway, knowing they can patch the game and still have people buy it on opening day.

Great post and I am with you in waiting until the game has been patched properly. It may be a catch 22 but it is an action I think we need to take. If we keep buying on release day then there is no incentive to release a fully patched version from the off as SI know we will buy it regardless. In SIs defence they might view it that if there are top sales every year on release day then we are happy with how they operate, i.e be beta testers for a few months and help shape the game.

With regards to testing the game and ignoring the bugs I would say this is not true as they postponed the PSP release due to seeing a bug days before release. I think it is not being tested properly and a smentioned above this is because they knwo we will do the work for them.

i think you guys need to remember the tiny proportion of FM fans that post on here will not really affect the sales of this game come release date, there are hundreds of thousands of people who buy this game, the few thousand that regularly post on here will not really make that much difference. Why not be proactive and help them make a game we all love better. I have accepted things wont always be perfect but i am more than willing to work with SI to get the game better, i am sure they are just as frustrated about the bugs this year and i am sure next year they will approach certain things better, but this is the first year there have really been problems, FM10 was fine on release date last year, there really is no need for this mass histeria these forums seem to be generating.

i think you guys need to remember the tiny proportion of FM fans that post on here will not really affect the sales of this game come release date, there are hundreds of thousands of people who buy this game, the few thousand that regularly post on here will not really make that much difference. Why not be proactive and help them make a game we all love better. I have accepted things wont always be perfect but i am more than willing to work with SI to get the game better, i am sure they are just as frustrated about the bugs this year and i am sure next year they will approach certain things better, but this is the first year there have really been problems, FM10 was fine on release date last year, there really is no need for this mass histeria these forums seem to be generating.

Yes you right, but i'm not getting hysterical, just pointing out that it's a poor business model. And the op is obviously ****ed off because his game has been compromised in a big way. but otherwise i see your point.

Another good post.

I think we are all going to fall into 2 camps:

1. Those that don't mind the bugs on release day and enjoy shaping the final version of the game

2. Those that don't want to be a beta tester for a few months after paying £30 for a game they wish to enjoy and play rather than test.

I'm firmly in camp 2 but this does not mean I am right and the people in camp 1 are wrong. Each to their own and I think it makes for interesting debate.

The one thing I will give major credit to SI for is working hard to make a perfect game through patches, there are not many developers who do this.

Overall I would urge those that are angry at the bugs not to buy the game next year until it appears fully patched and if enough people do this then SI will have to ensure all future releases are at the fully patched stage for release day. However if we do this and sales are still up then we will have to accept the majority enjoy shaping the game and we will have to get used to buying the game in feb!

Again great point Milnerpoint.

I think the vast majority of people would accept minor bugs. Its only reasonable to expect them. But the transfer system issues, the cards/ban issues (fixed by hotfix) and crash issues (where experienced) are not minor bugs. Others have strong views on other issues. Others play away regardless. I believe it is perfectly reasonable for a consumer to wonder what exactly is going on from a testing point of view. These issues should have been noticed - maybe they were, but they nonetheless appeared in 11.1.

People have paid for a product and lets face it, money is scarce for more people these days. Some posters suggest that the consumer should be grateful that SI release patches, but surely it is SI who should be grateful to their consumers? I worked in retail as a youngster and was told to always treat customers with respect etc - "the customer is always right" - no matter how difficult they might be.

I can understand if the reported bugs are minor how SI could maintain a stance of "here's our patching strategy, and we'll tell you when its ready - don't bother us in the interval". But where the issues are significant - (transfer issues etc) and where those issues could reasonably be expected to damage the enjoyment levels for a sizeable number of players, then I think SI should be more customer friendly. After all, people play the game as they expect it to be "realistic" - a point advertised by the makers themselves.

I am aware why SI refuse to bend on being more open about patch content and release dates. Some posters can get a little over excited. But in circumstances where the issues that are reported are not "minor bugs", then what is wrong with a statement/update now and then saying "we are adressing the transfer issue, {an other issue} etc for 11.2 and hope to release a patch on Friday 17 December but obviously the release date may run beyond this. Thank you for your support". Yes a few may flap if the patch isn't released on a stated date but I believe the vast majority would say "fair enough, thanks for the up date". Isn't it odd that people who buy a game in week one of November are waiting to start a game (career or otherwise) in the days before Christmas, and may even end up waiting again until the middle or even late February? I can understand the frustration that goes hand in hand with that.

I have purchased the game. Not on release day. I literally only played a few hours - the marketing bloke helped me fix an issue and I'm not minded to start a game until the transfer issue is vastly improved - Unrealistic transfers are just not for me. I bought because many posts lauded the match engine. Next year, if I buy, I will definetly wait for the patches to be done.

I think you make a valid pont that SI are first and foremost a business (a point so conveniently ignored by certain well known posters). This is probably the root of the problem. They have deadlines to meet - including release day which takes priority over the product and consumer. What has turned me off SI is the constant "its ready when its ready" attitude to patches and no information until its ready. I think that position is disrespectful of a loyal fan base given the level of reported bugs.

Not of course that this extended script will change anything!

I didn't had any problems with players offered to me at a very low price, the only thing that annoys me is the amount of money agent asks for their fee or signing fee. I am sick of trying to buy players from brazil for 10 millions and when the contract offer appears i have to pay another 10 miilion on this two stupid fees.

Another good post.

I think we are all going to fall into 2 camps:

1. Those that don't mind the bugs on release day and enjoy shaping the final version of the game

2. Those that don't want to be a beta tester for a few months after paying £30 for a game they wish to enjoy and play rather than test.

I'm firmly in camp 2 but this does not mean I am right and the people in camp 1 are wrong. Each to their own and I think it makes for interesting debate.

The one thing I will give major credit to SI for is working hard to make a perfect game through patches, there are not many developers who do this.

Overall I would urge those that are angry at the bugs not to buy the game next year until it appears fully patched and if enough people do this then SI will have to ensure all future releases are at the fully patched stage for release day. However if we do this and sales are still up then we will have to accept the majority enjoy shaping the game and we will have to get used to buying the game in feb!

I do honestly think if you avoid these forums then the bugs are no where near as in your face as suggested, ive said before i only joined up before the release this year, last year i didnt look here at all and i honestly never noticed any problems at all, having read threads on here it seems people had a heap of issues. This is probably why most people are enjoying the game at home, i think i said it before but ignorance is bliss.

You are right tho this topic can get a very good debate going, and if we have a good debate about it, it will surely help the game and developers in the long run.

Again great point Milnerpoint.

yup you and the guy above both make good points as well, it is very frustrating not to get this game perfect out the box, even for an avid defender of the game like me, it does bother me, especially since i cant play my game until the patch is out, but i like to think it annoys SI almost as much as me, im a fan they want me to enjoy this game so they will do whatever they can to help me out which as far as i can see they have, they have listened, looked at save games and said they will do their best to fix any issues.

I think the vast majority of people would accept minor bugs. Its only reasonable to expect them. But the transfer system issues, the cards/ban issues (fixed by hotfix) and crash issues (where experienced) are not minor bugs. Others have strong views on other issues. Others play away regardless. I believe it is perfectly reasonable for a consumer to wonder what exactly is going on from a testing point of view. These issues should have been noticed - maybe they were, but they nonetheless appeared in 11.1.

People have paid for a product and lets face it, money is scarce for more people these days. Some posters suggest that the consumer should be grateful that SI release patches, but surely it is SI who should be grateful to their consumers? I worked in retail as a youngster and was told to always treat customers with respect etc - "the customer is always right" - no matter how difficult they might be.

I can understand if the reported bugs are minor how SI could maintain a stance of "here's our patching strategy, and we'll tell you when its ready - don't bother us in the interval". But where the issues are significant - (transfer issues etc) and where those issues could reasonably be expected to damage the enjoyment levels for a sizeable number of players, then I think SI should be more customer friendly. After all, people play the game as they expect it to be "realistic" - a point advertised by the makers themselves.

I am aware why SI refuse to bend on being more open about patch content and release dates. Some posters can get a little over excited. But in circumstances where the issues that are reported are not "minor bugs", then what is wrong with a statement/update everyone now and then saying "we are adressing the transfer issue, {an other issue} etc for 11.2 and hope to release a patch on Friday 17 December but obviously the release date may run beyond this. Thank you for your support". Yes a few may flap if the patch isn't released on a stated date but I believe the vast majority would say "fair enough, thanks for the up date". Isn't it odd that people who buy a game in week one of November are waiting to start a game (career or otherwise) in the days before Christmas, and may even end up waiting again until the middle or even late February? I can understand the frustration that goes hand in hand with that.

I have purchased the game. Not on release day. I literally only played a few hours - the marketing bloke helped me fix an issue and I'm not minded to start a game until the transfer issue is vastly improved - Unrealistic transfers are just not for me. I bought because many posts lauded the match engine. Next year, if I buy, I will definetly wait for the patches to be done.

I think you make a valid pont that SI are first and foremost a business (a point so conveniently ignored by certain well known posters). This is probably the root of the problem. They have deadlines to meet - including release day which takes priority over the product and consumer. What has turned me off SI is the constant "its ready when its ready" attitude to patches and no information until its ready. I think that position is disrespectful of a loyal fan base given the level of reported bugs.

Not of course that this extended script will change anything!

Could not agree more. If you were referring to me saying we should be grateful for patches this is not what I meant. I meant that at least we get them, small graces and all that.

As I say good post that pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Zulu 316 - I was not specifically referring to you - sorry if it came across that way. There are a few posters who are well know for being ardent defenders of SI who have suggested we should be grateful for patches on many different threads. I thought your post was very reasonble.

I am aware why SI refuse to bend on being more open about patch content and release dates. Some posters can get a little over excited. But in circumstances where the issues that are reported are not "minor bugs", then what is wrong with a statement/update everyone now and then saying "we are adressing the transfer issue, {an other issue} etc for 11.2 and hope to release a patch on Friday 17 December but obviously the release date may run beyond this. Thank you for your support". Yes a few may flap if the patch isn't released on a stated date but I believe the vast majority would say "fair enough, thanks for the up date". Isn't it odd that people who buy a game in week one of November are waiting to start a game (career or otherwise) in the days before Christmas, and may even end up waiting again until the middle or even late February? I can understand the frustration that goes hand in hand with that.

I think its dangerous to give an exact list and date of what they are trying to achieve, things can change at the last minute, things might not work out as planned and then you would end up with a lot of people bad mouthing SI. Each have their own take on this but if you look at the general trend of threads on here so far, can you imagine the outcry if SI said the patch was due for release say monday, and come monday they say it will be delayed further. Or if they said specifically "we will sort bug X Y or Z" and come the release of the patch they tell us they couldnt quite manage it again their would be outcry, its much easier for them to keep the list of changes to themselves until they are certain all of them can be implimented, same with the date, they could give a date, but then they could end up rushing something just to meet this date, which in turn can cause more issues, surely its better to wait until they are convinced its right.

After winning the league with spurs I got offered the Man Utd job who had finished a lowly 6th last season with a £146'000'000 transfer kitty so I agreed and left London for the north. I tried to sign De Rossi and they said they wanted £140 million for him when I was willing to go to £35million. So I rejected and moved on but 3 days after the close of the window I got offered him for £15'000'000! Also has anyone managed to really sell a player?

Zulu 316 - I was not specifically referring to you - sorry if it came across that way. There are a few posters who are well know for being ardent defenders of SI who have suggested we should be grateful for patches on many different threads. I thought your post was very reasonble.

Cheers Tie Fighter and no problem.

I think its dangerous to give an exact list and date of what they are trying to achieve, things can change at the last minute, things might not work out as planned and then you would end up with a lot of people bad mouthing SI. Each have their own take on this but if you look at the general trend of threads on here so far, can you imagine the outcry if SI said the patch was due for release say monday, and come monday they say it will be delayed further. Or if they said specifically "we will sort bug X Y or Z" and come the release of the patch they tell us they couldnt quite manage it again their would be outcry, its much easier for them to keep the list of changes to themselves until they are certain all of them can be implimented, same with the date, they could give a date, but then they could end up rushing something just to meet this date, which in turn can cause more issues, surely its better to wait until they are convinced its right.

I guess what you describe as "dangerous", I describe as consumer friendly! I did acknowledge that there will be posters who will throw their toys out of their prams if stated dates for patch releases are not met or if stated issues are not fully fixed. But what about those who wouldn't do so? Who exactly is setting the standards? A balance must be reached and measuring that balance must include the nature of the bugs reported - the transfer issues, crash bugs (where applicable), etc etc whhcih are significant issues for a sizeable number of users. I mean, if SI were politicians, they'd be blue in the face with calls for transparency and openness etc!! Keeping people up to date doesn't involve providing a list of very specific fixes, for example, how about the following : - "We hope to release patch 11.2 on Friday 17 December and we hope that this will improve the transfer system and other issues. Thank you for your patience". If its not ready until a few days later, and certain posters throw a fit, that is a reflection on the posters, not on SI - isn't that how most of us would see it? Is it right that SI let a (possible) unruly unreasonable minority dictate their policies towards such a loyal fan base?

I think its bizarre (you might say "dangerous"!) that people who bought the game last November are waiting for a still unspecified date before they play the game - because of issues that have been reported which are signficant and not "minor bugs". And that when they ask for some clarification on release date, their question is treated with contempt. Faire enough if the reported bugs were minor. But as I said, I don't think the transfer issues (and other issues for others) are minor.

Also has anyone managed to really sell a player?

In my first open transfer window(January) is sold David Bentley for £8million, which is entirely reasonable. Then after the first season i have sold Nico Kranjcar for 4.2 million, which is 2million under my valuation but again it is quite reasonable. And Dos Santos for 3.5 mill, so yes, i can sell some players.

no one has treated any one with contempt, thats the big issue i have with all of this, SI have said in almost everything about the transfers that they are looking into it, we have no idea what causes the problem it may be something tiny or something huge, i dont understand your point of view at all. Every thread reporting crashes gets a responce, i have had several PM's about my problems from SI staff which has both helped and improved my opinion of them greatly.

The only thing stopping anyone from playing this game is when it crashes, everything else is merley cosmetic and just needs improved, they are not game breaking issues at all, again there will be hundreds of thousands of people playing this game happily without ever frequenting these forums, are we to assume they are SI fanboys or any of the other insults that get thrown about on here. (btw that wasnt directed at yourself just a general statement)

I dont think giving a date would of helped at all in this situation, people seem to think there should have been a hotfix released right away without trying to even understand how complicated these things can be.

In my first open transfer window(January) is sold David Bentley for £8million, which is entirely reasonable. Then after the first season i have sold Nico Kranjcar for 4.2 million, which is 2million under my valuation but again it is quite reasonable. And Dos Santos for 3.5 mill, so yes, i can sell some players.

i honestly have managed to sell anyone i have wanted too, sometimes below what i would have wanted, but as i wanted rid of them im not too bothered about taking slightly less, if i was bothered i would keep a hold of them.

In terms of transfers the issue seems to be linked to moreal. For example, Napoli just came second in Serie A, but their main players want to leave, and it's quite inexplicable. Same with Sampdoria, who came 4th, all their main assets are unhappy. Then with Tevez fir example, he wants to leave, which is reasonable because city came 6th, but the issue is city offering him for 9million to anyone and evryone. As soon as a player is unhappy he gets his move and a terrible deal for the club. I don't know how these are all linked, but morale is an issue with regard to transfers with ai teams, and the clubs offering them out at this supposed market price, which is a weird value system anyway

This issue is probably a combination of factors. Teams selling players at face value after transfer request is not new to FM11. I reported this "bug" in FM9, but nothing was done about it. However, it wasn't that big of a deal because not a lot of players handed in transfer requests. With the new player interaction module, players are getting upset very easily and thus requesting transfers often. The fix can either reduce players getting upset or fix the root issue of selling at market value.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility to think SI might actually make an official statement regarding the state of the game and when it will actually be fixed? I'm tempted to start a lower league game, expecting that the problem will be fixed sometime in the next few weeks. But the silence worries me... I'm starting to think it's almost patch time and SI still don't have this bug sorted. I would love to see a post saying "We can confirm the patch will be released on X date, and the problems with player happiness and the transfer system will be fixed". Surely it would silence a lot of us if SI could just confirm when it will be fixed.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility to think SI might actually make an official statement regarding the state of the game and when it will actually be fixed? I'm tempted to start a lower league game, expecting that the problem will be fixed sometime in the next few weeks. But the silence worries me... I'm starting to think it's almost patch time and SI still don't have this bug sorted. I would love to see a post saying "We can confirm the patch will be released on X date, and the problems with player happiness and the transfer system will be fixed". Surely it would silence a lot of us if SI could just confirm when it will be fixed.

The silence mite down to the fact that there working hard on the patch and dont want to be popping in hear every 5 mins to see the same stuff they seen for last 4 weeks

and there not going to comfirm anything till there 100% sure everythings ok

Perhaps SI will consider revisiting the public beta program for FM12? At least this sort of thing shouldn't slip though that.

why? they actually said last time they got very poor or no feedback, so unless the community (at least those who didnt fufill the criteria) is actually bothered to be better the next time round then its a waste of resources.

Perhaps SI will consider revisiting the public beta program for FM12? At least this sort of thing shouldn't slip though that.

have you ever beta tested a game? It is a very very boring task especially the first few weeks, and especially if you are not getting paid for it. You would need thousands and thousands of testers over a few months before you would come close to catching everything, and this just isnt the way things work, its not cost effective at all. These testers would also need to be willing to give up a lot of free time for nothing.

Would you beta test the game?

have you ever beta tested a game? It is a very very boring task especially the first few weeks, and especially if you are not getting paid for it. You would need thousands and thousands of testers over a few months before you would come close to catching everything, and this just isnt the way things work, its not cost effective at all. These testers would also need to be willing to give up a lot of free time for nothing.

Would you beta test the game?

+1 hence my comment above and what happened last time

Confident 11.3 will be ok? Have si brainwashed you that badly mate?

I find your comment absolutely hilarious!

"oh I don't mind spending £30 on fm11 in November as long as it's playable in four months time when last patch comes out."

Everyone goes on about how si get 3 chances with each fm but I'll tell you what's killing them...

They're complacent. A total lack of competition.

If they had a top rival breathing down their neck, another top draw management game they could lose us too,

I bet each year si would serve us the fm we all dream off and like pretty much every company around, they wouldn't need patch after patch after friggin patch.

It's human nature, if you haven't got to put the effort in, you don't put the effort in.

The silence mite down to the fact that there working hard on the patch and dont want to be popping in hear every 5 mins to see the same stuff they seen for last 4 weeks

and there not going to comfirm anything till there 100% sure everythings ok

Kudos if they are working hard on the patch and one trusts they gave eqaul devotion to 11.1. Releasing a simple staement probably takes a few minutes at most. SI gave daily reports to the Mirror on new game features over 20-30 days pre-release and released various comprehensive podcasts. They have the resources to deal with the suggestion The Gent made - and which I think is correctly made. Isn't that part of the marketing bloke's role? A simple statement would be a very, very minute allocation of their time.

With any new patch, I don't think anyone would expect everything to be 100% per cent ok. Everything was not ok with 11.1 which is fair enough if the bugs are minor. A fair proprotion have expressed reasonable issues with the transfer system and why they are waiting for SI to deal with it.

I imagine that there are those who spend so much time telling us how pefect the game is and yet will be obtaining the new patch as soon as it is released.

Archived