Am I the only one who loves FM11?

All I've seen in the past 4/5 days on this forum is people complaining about this and that. I had a minor complaint about biographs but that has since fixed itself and I was just over reacting.

I honestly think it is the best FM to date, surpassing my previous favourite FM07.

I really like the transfer system which seems to be getting a lot of stick. I had a negotiation that was bouncing between me and them for about a week, which I really enjoyed tweaking and changing etc.

Yeah there are a few bugs but this is one of the most detailed games i have ever played, there are so many brilliant features in this game and I find it very playable.

So, I just want to let SI know that we are not all haters and some of us do really enjoy FM11!!

Most people enjoy the game, but it's more compelling to whine and complain than to say "yeah, it's fine" every other thread. And to be fair, this year is nothing compared to FM09.

The transfer thing is a bit annoying, but it's no game breaker. In general, for me, the match engine is better than 10.3, aside from some very occasional buggy behaviour. But no game is perfect, and SI are aware of the problems and working on them.

A minor problem can seem like hell has come to Earth for some people.

It would be a fantastic game but for the transfers bug. I really enjoyed my first season of management but when I saw that 5 of the Ajax first team players were transfer listed and sold for very little after becoming unhappy for something trivial (3 starting defenders, Emanuelson and Suarez) and then Napoli sold their two stars Lavezzi and Hamsik for a ridiculous combined total of £18 million I decided to stop playing. Both of those teams chances for the future were virtually wiped out.

When the transfer and player happiness is sorted I'll play again. Hope it's soon. The potential is there for one of the best of the series in a long time.

I love it

Sure the transfers are unrealistic but i cant remember in fm where it has not been in 2009 until 9.03 i could sell mikel for 40 million upfront and carvalho for 60 million.

The new me is awesome as is the player interaction imo.

I was a bit dubious at first but as I carry on playing I am beginning to really enjoy it. Managing West Ham I haven't seen the transfer problem as I haven't got two pennies to rub together anyway so the only real grumble I have is maybe too many cards are shown. I am on normal tackling and yet am second highest on the crime sheet!! Some of the interaction is a bit odd and samey but I just leave that to my assistant.

The real enjoyment comes on the ME though. I tend to play "key moments" and it's nice that every moment shown doesn't end up in a goal. It's also good that chances are missed in front of goal sometimes spectacularly. As much as it was nice to have Carlton Cole getting top premier goalscorer in FM10 it was unrealistic and it was a bit predictable knowing that if clean through a shot across the keeper would always end up in the back of the net.

Plus it pleasantly surprises you at times. I have just beaten Man Utd 2-1 away and they got a penalty in the 3rd minute of injury time. You think "fix" and then they hit the post!! So the AI doesn't cheat!!

Has a few issues but what game doesn't.

personally i think this IS the best FM to date, but there are still bugs. im more than happy to play the game, and when bugs appear to me i come on here, do a quick search. add to the current thread or start my own, and go back to playing.

the only thing that annoys me about the whole thing, is when you report a new bug and there is no mention of it before, and si dont even say "thanks, we will look into it" or "we know about that" or "thats not actually a bug" or when i tell them about it and tell them that i have everything they need sat right here for them to look at and still not communication from them. thats the only bad side of this years release.

It would be a fantastic game but for the transfers bug. I really enjoyed my first season of management but when I saw that 5 of the Ajax first team players were transfer listed and sold for very little after becoming unhappy for something trivial (3 starting defenders, Emanuelson and Suarez) and then Napoli sold their two stars Lavezzi and Hamsik for a ridiculous combined total of £18 million I decided to stop playing. Both of those teams chances for the future were virtually wiped out.

When the transfer and player happiness is sorted I'll play again. Hope it's soon. The potential is there for one of the best of the series in a long time.

Yeah thats the problem,, in that it completley imbalances the game. I don't exploit the transfer thing, i pay what i think is worth because that is better than gathering the best squad in the world for £30 million.

Still, if this is sorted then it'll be the best FM/CM so far without doubt. The ME is absolutley fine, i have not noticed any bugs. And the AI definatley adapts to your tactics, because i have seen it even in the first season. Sent Ledley King to attack far post, he scored a lot of goals at set pieces, a couple of months later he was being double marked at the back post!

Great game, apart from that really huge bug

Personaly Im having a blast with 2011.

The bug gods have been pretty kind to me with just a few annoyances to contend with.

In my game its now mid 2014 and the biggest majority of the big name players around the world are still with their clubs and happy, Ive had no game crashes or save game problems.

Guess Im one of the lucky few ('few' meaning the 100s of thousands of silent gamers quietly enjoying fm2011 :))

It's not bad. So far, I haven't seen great improvement since 10, and it doesn't seem like they rushed a bunch of features like people say. It looks like many things have been polished up too. Negotiations are awesome and realistic, but I agree that the players becoming upset needs to be toned down (although it hasn't happened to me yet, I see some names on the transfer list that shouldn't be). Also, the offering out of players has becoming harder again, couldn't loan out some of my players which is a problem.

I'm really enjoying FM11. Much more so than FM10 and FM09, though I did have an eventual fun save on FM09. I just feel that this has been the best FM at release for a good while.

There are a few niggles; free kicks from halfway inside the opposition half always get pumped straight to the keeper or out for a goal kick, some odd UI stuff such as the back button taking me to places I wasn't previously (I can be looking at a player from shortlist and the back button will take me to scouting??) and the problem with remembering lists/positions on former pages (scouted players lists always default to the top of the page). The newly promoted teams in to bottom divisions also seems to be done differently than in previous FMs, or it would seem so from my current save (I made a post about it).

The problems I have encountered have never been serious and more a case of being a pest than a problem.

The worst problem I have is that I find the game not quite as challenging as I'd like. I made a post about that. I'm thinking I may have been lucky with one signing, as since he moved on I'm not looking half the side.

I have never played an FM this much at release. A friend came on to Steam earlier and commented that I had given up my real job and taken up FM paid. 104 hours over the past two weeks says it all really.

The Match engine is superb. The interactions are an improvement, training is awesome. But the AI is just utterly stupid.

If you play in the lower leagues or in certain foreign leagues, the impact isn't as big so you get to enjoy the game.

The only thing that bothers me more than C. Ronaldo leaving for 36 mil, is Arsene Wenger leaving Arsenal for Sevilla volountarly. I could live with strange transfers. It happens in real life, but manager appointments are ridiculously stupid.

I like it but i dont love it.

Match engine wise 10.3 was miles better. Right now it seems players have forgotten how to curve the ball when shooting as i see so many easy goals missed by seeing WORLD class players blast it straight instead. Add that to the amount of one-on-ones missed too.

I am enjoying the game very much. No real major issues.

I have not yet encountered this so-called "transfer bug" yet, as I'm playing lower leagues. I have been told it seems to only be a real issue with top level teams. I do have one bugbear about the "Set Piece Creator" in the game, It's just a joke really, but it does not seriously affect my game. Otherwise, top marks from me.

fm11 is certainly more addicting that fm10 imo, but yes, the transfer bug does affect the game. my biggest qualm with the game so far is the obscene amount of red cards that are dished out. it's ridiculous. i still love playing the game though

Match engine wise 10.3 was miles better. Right now it seems players have forgotten how to curve the ball when shooting as i see so many easy goals missed by seeing WORLD class players blast it straight instead. Add that to the amount of one-on-ones missed too.

lol, wait what? 11.1's engine is clearly better; people are exaggerating about one-on-ones

FM11 is like a quality re-gen. FM11 has the physical ability, and the technical skills are blossoming, however with out a quality mentor to teach him the mentals(patch), he is never going to break into the First-team.

I really love it, just can't get into anything long-term. Until it's all patched up my long save on FM10 is what Im sticking with.

Archived