Fansites with preview copies of the game

I have been looking around for fansites with added information on FM11, through playing a preview copy of the game.

This is some information I have been able to find:

http://www.fmscout.com/i-950-Wonderkids-in-FM-2011.html

http://www.fm-view.com/2010/10/fm2011-preview/

If anyone knows anymore articles that are fuelled by preview copies, please post them here for everyone to enjoy :)

I know 3-4 people on FMBase have been given FULL versions of the game to play before FM11 comes out. ;)

One of them said he would be going on holiday untill 2012 and show screenies of how players look etc.

This is a good preview from one of those users that have been allowed to play the full FM11, he's playing as Middlesbrough and shows all the new features etc :thup:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/fm2011-my-first-glimpse-t49009.html

Does anyone know if there will be a dark skin that comes with fm11 the way there was for fm10?

As of yet they have not said - but I would pressume there were be both a dark and light version - or I hope so as I really like the dark skin!

As of yet they have not said - but I would pressume there were be both a dark and light version - or I hope so as I really like the dark skin!

Me too thats why I was asking. Your probably right though about there being one.

I know 3-4 people on FMBase have been given FULL versions of the game to play before FM11 comes out. ;)

One of them said he would be going on holiday untill 2012 and show screenies of how players look etc.

This is a good preview from one of those users that have been allowed to play the full FM11, he's playing as Middlesbrough and shows all the new features etc :thup:

they havent, its the beta, which then was used to write three different types of reviews on the various bits of the game

they havent, its the beta, which then was used to write three different types of reviews on the various bits of the game

Its not even a beta version, its a preview code which is probably months older than whatever is being readied for release.

The best FM11 Post yet! Why dont SI promote the game in this way? They really havent a clue about marketing.

The best FM11 Post yet! Why dont SI promote the game in this way? They really havent a clue about marketing.

The fact FM Base has a copy of the game is part of the marketing campaign.

They give it to people like FM Base so that they give the game exposure and from a non official and independent angle like they have.

Some of the player attributes on the screenshots really look strange. Thomas Müller barely has a technical stat 10+ !?. Hmm, if I compare the hot prospects in FM11 and my current talented regens in FM10 (in 2023), I think, my players are way better. I think that's strange. Anybody else noticed that?

Hmm, if I compare the hot prospects in FM11 and my current talented regens in FM10 (in 2023), I think, my players are way better. I think that's strange. Anybody else noticed that?

In the future, we'll all be better footballers earlier ;)

@ Koki - Its like that on alot of players that should be alot better - even if a player had a very good season the researchers are pretty stuborn IMO and don't like to change the attributes to much as it looks like they made a mistake to a degree. They need to swallow their pride!!!

@ Koki - Its like that on alot of players that should be alot better - even if a player had a very good season the researchers are pretty stuborn IMO and don't like to change the attributes to much as it looks like they made a mistake to a degree. They need to swallow their pride!!!

Its not just that, though, anyone who used Ivica Olic in FM10 will tell you that attributes don't always = performance. I'm sure Muller will be brilliant in FM11 if you use him correctly.

In the future, we'll all be better footballers earlier ;)

No kidding, we'll all get reborn as regens? Nice! But wouldn't that mean our PA stays the same? :D

@nev147: I realise a lot of player's attributes have been decreased from FM09 to FM10, maybe this has gone even further? Still, apart from the technical stats Muller looks good.

i have noticed from a lot of the screenshots that the best players have gone down, the most clear cases i have seen are Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

i see this as a good thing it makes a '20' on a stat much rarer, and more valuable

i wouldn't be too worried if Muller's stats don't match your expectations, he still looks like a good CL player

Out of interest - which bit of this do you think SI aren't involved in?

Well, sincere apologies if I am wrong but.... The "official" FM/SI sites are sigames.com & footballmanager.com, so RE fmbase surely this is not an official SI games site?, especially as File download restrictions etc apply. So speaking as an avid fan of the game the most useful "preview" stuff I have found since the inital SI youtube video is this fmbase offering. If SI are involved then you should stop hiding your hat under a bushell or maybe post links in stickies in Miles name and not let a forum member be the first to make this posting.

There have been many posts since mid Aug requesting more "screenies" and to my knowledge (apologies again if I am wrong) but some of the stuff on the fmbase post is original to these forums (ie SI didnt post them when requested to do so ...but fmbase did!). If, by the way, I am wrong, please consider the idea (which doesnt seem to be SI's) of a team walkthough (in this case Middlesbro's) as rather quite good and to be adopted (before someone else does it) next year, as an official post.

i have noticed from a lot of the screenshots that the best players have gone down, the most clear cases i have seen are Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka

i see this as a good thing it makes a '20' on a stat much rarer, and more valuable

It definitely looks like a lot of players have had their stats reduced 1/2 points, but I doubt it'll make too much difference in how they play and in a number of cases I think it's probably good. Also as you say makes 19s and 20s much rarer and more valuable in a player.

Well, sincere apologies if I am wrong but.... The "official" FM/SI sites are sigames.com & footballmanager.com, so RE fmbase surely this is not an official SI games site?, especially as File download restrictions etc apply. So speaking as an avid fan of the game the most useful "preview" stuff I have found since the inital SI youtube video is this fmbase offering. If SI are involved then you should stop hiding your hat under a bushell or maybe post links in stickies in Miles name and not let a forum member be the first to make this posting.

There have been many posts since mid Aug requesting more "screenies" and to my knowledge (apologies again if I am wrong) but some of the stuff on the fmbase post is original to these forums (ie SI didnt post them when requested to do so ...but fmbase did!). If, by the way, I am wrong, please consider the idea (which doesnt seem to be SI's) of a team walkthough (in this case Middlesbro's) as rather quite good and to be adopted (before someone else does it) next year, as an official post.

No apology needed, it was a genuine question. We get all kinds of affiliate sites involved at various points along the way which is why FMbase have the precode to preview. The fansites put an awful lot of effort in on our behalf, so this is something that we do to give them a boost. All we control at that point is the time at which they can talk about what they receive - which is normally dictated by SI's contentedness with the code.

The clear benefit is innovative coverage such as the team walkthrough - a great idea, well executed, and hugely beneficial for our fans...:) And if it's popular, you can bet you'll see more of them in future.

i wouldn't be too worried if Muller's stats don't match your expectations, he still looks like a good CL player

From the Ronaldo that I have seen from FM11 - then his attributes have not gone down.

From the Ronaldo that I have seen from FM11 - then his attributes have not gone down.

i have only been able to see the dutch screenshot of Cristiano Ronaldo which has a different stat layout, it seemed that his heading had gone down, and i also noticed he had less mental stats over 15

btw. Nev do fmchat have any exclusive screenshots going up?

No apology needed, it was a genuine question. We get all kinds of affiliate sites involved at various points along the way which is why FMbase have the precode to preview. The fansites put an awful lot of effort in on our behalf, so this is something that we do to give them a boost. All we control at that point is the time at which they can talk about what they receive - which is normally dictated by SI's contentedness with the code.

The clear benefit is innovative coverage such as the team walkthrough - a great idea, well executed, and hugely beneficial for our fans...:) And if it's popular, you can bet you'll see more of them in future.

Thanks, a perfect response. I guess if SI personnel didnt have to spend all their waking hours responding to multiple "When is the demo out?" threads, they could spend that time uploading more requested useful preview of the game ;-)

I did think fmbase had a cracking idea for a preview though...imagine Miles uploading something like that, out of the blue, for FM12 in (for example) Aug 2011 - that would be remarkable! :-)

i have only been able to see the dutch screenshot of Cristiano Ronaldo which has a different stat layout, it seemed that his heading had gone down, and i also noticed he had less mental stats over 15

btw. Nev do fmchat have any exclusive screenshots going up?

LOL - that is the same site that I saw -but like you said it is not the same layout. You are probably right scoty - but afer last season I would not think he would have been down graded - but heading would maybe make sense. Unfortunatley I don't have any screenshots - just the ones from here!! FM Chat don't get a preview copy - but we have only been a site for less than a year - so hopefully in the future!

I highly, highly, doubt that.

Ok, well i am only saying what he posted on FM Base, one person said if you want any screenies of players in the future on FM11 posting just ask, as he was going on holiday untill 2012...

And surley with the Beta and the Demo version you can only use the quick start?

But if you look at the first screenie he has posted the start up screen with the Leagues and players he wants loaded?

FkC4R.png

I think the beta and preview code are both full but unfinished.

Ah maybe that's what they have? I think the post said they were given "full" copies of the game to tryout by SI.

They must mean "full" as in they can keep playing past 6 months unlike the demo. :thup:

They were given the preview code a couple of weeks ago. To my knowledge this is a full version but is not completely finished as the game almost certainly wouldn't have been release candidate state then.

Preview code= an full unrestricted version of the game as it stands when the preview code is send out.

Review code= an full unrestricted version of the game there is going into manafacturing.

Archived