How many your DEFENDER can score a season?

MPAK

My result stays at 44 goals at 39(5) matches with 3 assists and 16 MOMs. Season ongoing, the results r growing...

Definetly he is a TOP goalscorer for the club this season. Strikers do produce goods, but far more rarely. My top striker-goalscorer keeps his tally at 27 goals from 40(5) matches.

Does your defenders score at this rate?

PS. He does not do penalties. He is a REAL PLAYER in his early 30s, not a regen.

PSS. The year is 2013

On 2009 with the corner bug [attack far post and challenge keeper i think it was] i've seen people post screenies of their center back scoring 40+ goals in a season.

On FM2010 the corner bug is different i think, where you need a player with a good long shot and he will get 40+ goals from corners.

Corner kicks, by any chance?

Just been looking through your previous forum posts, and spotted your quote:

"3. Yes, the tactics intend to use so known: "Corner cheat", i just like this routine"

Nope, no corner cheat this time. just a perfectly selected corner routine, with crosses aimed to the FAR POSTt, where HE heads it to net ALMOST every game.

Can show you the routine, if you wish.

PPS Most of his goals come from corners ;)

does it make it any defferent?

i'll show ya the routine:

GK: Default

DR + DL: Stay Back

DC: Stand Far (He stands HERE)

DC: Attack Near

DMC: Lurk outside (to collect deflected balls)

MC + MC: Attack ball from deep (not all my corner tackers r as good as i prefer, thus some crosses does not end on the far post)

AMR: Challenge Keeper

AML: Attack Near

ST: Lurk outside Area

AML and AMR are the corner tackers. Corners r aimed to the FAR post. Try urself, i do not see any CHEATING in it

MC + MC: Attack ball from deep (not all my corner tackers r as good as i prefer, thus some crosses does not end on the far post)

AML and AMR are the corner tackers. Corners r aimed to the FAR post. Try urself, i do not see any CHEATING in it

Its your game, play it how you want.

The fact is though if your defender is scoring 15+ goals a season from that routine you are exploiting the ME in some way.

How you can't see that is beyond me.

Er, can you not see you are using a corner exploit which is a flaw in the way defenders react at corner kicks? I'm pretty sure this will be eradicated in FM11 meaning that whatever set up you have at corners you will not be able to score this many goals.

Sure, some routines - with the right players - should be better than others but allowing a much smaller swing of goals.

i described my corner routine, is there any CHEAT in it?

It isn't a cheat, but it could well be described as an exploit. Defenders shouldn't be able to score this many goals in a season and it appears that you have discovered a setup that the match engine cannot cope with very well.

Unfortunately corners have had their problems in FM in recent years, with sensible sounding setups giving unrealistic results. Some people choose to avoid them, some people purposefully use them and then you get people like yourself that discover them. It is up to you really.

well its really up to me, and it will b good if it is going to b erradicated in FM11, the game is going to become better without that exploit.

something interesting is going on here. if it was my striker scoring that much had it gotten to sound i cheat a lot? i've been playing FM(CM) since season '01. i can remember cheating tactics, even posted here (e.g. the famous El Diablo), but with every new game people keep finding mistakes/exploits in the match engine and keep using them. Others keep whining that its a cheat, and their result r false. i thoght i was good at creating tactical setups, i keep improving my tactic every season based on a players i got, but i'm not a cheater.

I refer back to my original reply:-

You previously stated a few months ago "3. Yes, the tactics intend to use so known: "Corner cheat", i just like this routine".

So clearly you knew it was a cheat.

i tell u once more - it's ANOTHER corner routine, it doesn't employ Lurking striker with Great long shots and crossing to him.

something interesting is going on here. if it was my striker scoring that much had it gotten to sound i cheat a lot?

A goal a game (or even a bit more than that) for a striker isn't beyond the realms of reality, so people are likely to accept it. People will always question things that are extreme compared to what happens in real life, which is only natural with a simulation game like FM.

I've had a defender score over 10 a season with the default corner instructions (not a single thing modified) but he had pretty good finishing and heading and he did score them from corners, but he never again repeated that feat and went down to normality score-wise. So over 10 is possible, as long as it's not every season and over 15 I'd say is pretty impossible without extreme luck or an exploit.

You're deluded.

We've tried to explain that it's a flaw in the game.

You refuse to accept this.

My only option now is to ridicule.

well, after thoroughly reading this thread, i must accept i was a bit deluded. thanks for opening my eyes... that seemed strange to me for him to start scoring that much, but my sight was dimmed with the amount.

but never-the-less, in my opinion ur post were a bit rude....

well its really up to me, and it will b good if it is going to b erradicated in FM11, the game is going to become better without that exploit.

something interesting is going on here. if it was my striker scoring that much had it gotten to sound i cheat a lot? i've been playing FM(CM) since season '01. i can remember cheating tactics, even posted here (e.g. the famous El Diablo), but with every new game people keep finding mistakes/exploits in the match engine and keep using them. Others keep whining that its a cheat, and their result r false. i thoght i was good at creating tactical setups, i keep improving my tactic every season based on a players i got, but i'm not a cheater.

There is no problem with you trying to improve your tactics and no-one is saying you purposefully set out to find a routine that exploited the ME.

What frustrates some of us is not that you found an exploit but your refusal to recognise it as one.

In an ideal world these exploits wouldn't exist but in FM10 corner routines seem to have several issues and in these cases a user needs to be able to identify when a routine becomes unrealistic and show an element of self control to keep their save realistic.

well, after thoroughly reading this thread, i must accept i was a bit deluded. thanks for opening my eyes... that seemed strange to me for him to start scoring that much, but my sight was dimmed with the amount.

but never-the-less, in my opinion ur post were a bit rude....

I do apologise! :) But appreciate that you've now accepted the fact. Hopefully you will change your corner tactics to something less exploitational.

There is no problem with you trying to improve your tactics and no-one is saying you purposefully set out to find a routine that exploited the ME.

What frustrates some of us is not that you found an exploit but your refusal to recognise it as one.

In an ideal world these exploits wouldn't exist but in FM10 corner routines seem to have several issues and in these cases a user needs to be able to identify when a routine becomes unrealistic and show an element of self control to keep their save realistic.

i've realised already. and think on the ways of changing it to better advise the reality.

anyways Cougar, reading ur posts r always a delight to me, becase u always try to help people understand what u r talking about...

I've had a defender score over 10 a season with the default corner instructions (not a single thing modified) but he had pretty good finishing and heading and he did score them from corners, but he never again repeated that feat and went down to normality score-wise. So over 10 is possible, as long as it's not every season and over 15 I'd say is pretty impossible without extreme luck or an exploit.

You do get some odd seasons like that. My defender that scored 13 in 45 games scored 1 in 50 in the previous season (the other central defenders scored 7 between them). The tactics and corner instructions were exactly the same, nothing had changed.

It's a bit ridiculous that any corner routine that leads to a decent amount of goals being scored is written off as an exploit. I mean, the "lurk outside" and "attack near post" ones are fair game, those are obvious marking errors, but this is a pretty sensible set up. If there really are multiple flaws in the system, then frankly I don't think people should go around changing their system because it scores too many goals if it is one they happen to have stumbled upon.

It's a bit ridiculous that any corner routine that leads to a decent amount of goals being scored is written off as an exploit. I mean, the "lurk outside" and "attack near post" ones are fair game, those are obvious marking errors, but this is a pretty sensible set up. If there really are multiple flaws in the system, then frankly I don't think people should go around changing their system because it scores too many goals if it is one they happen to have stumbled upon.

It is a shame, and I hope corners are fixed for FM2011 so we don't need to have these sorts of discussions on the forums. 44 goals from a defender is an awful lot though, that is bugs forum territory.

It is a shame, and I hope corners are fixed for FM2011 so we don't need to have these sorts of discussions on the forums. 44 goals from a defender is an awful lot though, that is bugs forum territory.

With respect dafuge and I say respect becasue I have seen alot of your posts recently and they are top notch - the OPshould not have to go into the bugs forumas SI should know by now that the corners in FM10 have been woefulll. But as I said in a previous thread the biggest let down IMO in FM10 (and there have been very few to be fair) has been the corners. There is the luker corner which pretty much everyone know about...but there are other attacking corner set ups that can get silly amounts of goals aswell. Like for example where you have a CB attacking the back post who has superb heading and jumping can get a silly amount of goals - and from the OP it is clear that other set-ups also worck to great effect. But we have seen this in other installments like when two players could challenge the keep with one being left free! For me it happens time and time again. SI really need to sort this out for FM11 - If SI do not know this now then the OP would be wasting his time putting this in the bugs forum...becasue if SI do not know all the problems with the ME relating to corners then God help us!!! SI need to sort this out otherwise someone that comes up with a good corner routine should be rewared with a few goals...but not a silly amount...and then that person gets called a cheat when all he did was come up with a good tactic. What are we meant to do? Come up with a rubbish tactic to stop this happening?.......we should not have to change our tactic because SI messed up. They really do need to sort out the corners! :thdn:

I agree. Like I said, I hope this sort of thing is fixed so we can avoid threads like this. I mentioned the bugs forum meaning that this is the sort of thing that should be being worked on for the new ME with FM2011, I just hope it is.

There's always the argument that we can 'avoid' tactics like these but it isn't really fair on the people who discover them and think that they are tactical masters.

Well, Steve Bruce once scored 19 in a season. 44 does sound too much though. I use pretty much the same corner tactic although my defender has never scored near that I do think it's a little too effective. Good corner takers are able to constantly take good corners to the far post which is hard IRL.

I do things the same way and Rio got 11 last season.

7 from corners, 2 absolute rocket shots from outside the area, and 2 very very scrappy stick-your-foot-in-on-the-goal-line goals.

If your backs score more then 10 goals in a season in 10.3 (league matches at least, not friendlies) then there is likely some exploit happening, intentional or otherwise.

Because it's impossible to hit headers in 10.3, a player has to go completely unmarked for it and that's just too rare on corners.

Besides, who gives a damn how many goals a defender scores, my strikers score more then my opponents, that's all that matter. Personally I like the quality of a score more, like watching my right back dribble into the area through the D and make a well placed shot.

If your backs score more then 10 goals in a season in 10.3 (league matches at least, not friendlies) then there is likely some exploit happening, intentional or otherwise.

Because it's impossible to hit headers in 10.3, a player has to go completely unmarked for it and that's just too rare on corners.

Besides, who gives a damn how many goals a defender scores, my strikers score more then my opponents, that's all that matter. Personally I like the quality of a score more, like watching my right back dribble into the area through the D and make a well placed shot.

We give a damn right now because of the exploitation of the current system and all. If corners we sorted out then that statement would be more valid in this current thread. Furthermore, this thread wouldn't have been made if that was the case.

Archived