Pollock, are they mad?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by niktheblade1:

I've just had Pollock from the Scottish junior leagues recommended as a feeder club, which I accepted, they have a squad of 61 players, surely that can't be correct? of which 0 were signed in game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

In my game, Coldstream (Scottish team) have 677 squad members </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're not Coldstream Guards are they? the squad list might have just been copied and pasted from the MOD website.

Still, though, these figures must be based on initial research. seems unlikely that small scottish teams such as this would have such massive squads. Has it been reported in the bugs forum?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

In my game, Coldstream (Scottish team) have 677 squad members </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely this is meant to be 67, or 77, yes?

Still a lot, but i don't think the game allows that many players on one team at once.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Norville Rodgers:

They're not Coldstream Guards are they? the squad list might have just been copied and pasted from the MOD website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Do they play in a camoflauge kit and suffer from Man Utd vs Southampton style "can't see the players in the funny new strip" problems on the pitch?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do they play in a camoflauge kit and suffer from Man Utd vs Southampton style "can't see the players in the funny new strip" problems on the pitch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I imagine they can see each other, but no-one else can see them? The old footballing adage "where did he come from?" has never been more pertinent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fonz:

StiLl, no amateur team has 677 players to select from at one time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They just have a huge pool to choose from

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fonz:

StiLl, no amateur team has 677 players to select from at one time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They just have a huge pool to choose from </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Half the male population of the town judging by the numbers!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

Just imagine how much of the actual bonus each one will get! Imagine winning 100k for the season. They would get about £145 pounds each icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just imagine the wage bill!

Even at only £50 / week that would make £135k / m! icon_eek.gif

And that's before bonuses.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by borrheedlok:

Sav, do u remember a player called Iain Ashcroft?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably around 91-97 had my own car parking space and everything and had a running joke with the guys at the gate when I drove up in the Volvo tank and paid junior to get in…….don’t think they minded as there was a good few of us, ten or more at times – great days.

Cant place the name, even looked up the web site and as usual the picture was missing of the one guy you wanted to take a look at. I see he was there 95 so I might have known him.

Central League Premier Division winners 1990-91, 1994-95, 1995-96 I’d have been there home and even most away. We were the top team.

Remember

DIVER, DANNY

ELLIOT, Davie

The king that was LOWRIE, Ronnie in goal.

SPITTAL, Ian what a big lanky guy but gave 100%

Shocking but without all the pics I cant remember anyone else.

haha, well iain ashcroft is my dad, he was a centre half played with pollok from 95 - 98. played alongside ian spittal in defence.

I was on the tv at both the cup finals with my dad at fir park, and both days i will remember for the rest of my life, excellent.

Davie Elliot is my dads best friend, and Ronnie Lowrie was my p.e. teacher at school and also a good friend of my dad's.

I still go and watch pollok at newlandfield when rangers are not at home, and its always good fun to go and see. looks as though the scottish cup is there for the taking this year as well, most of the bigger teams have been put out already.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was on the tv at both the cup finals with my dad at fir park, and both days i will remember for the rest of my life, excellent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was there Sat next to Big eck who was Motherwell boss at the time in the stand! Great day. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived