16 y/o youngster in the PRM first team, any downsides?

As title says.

I have a very talented youngster, stats are crazy and he is playing well in my first team in PRM.

But are there any downsides?

Like, he will develop faster if he plays with U18 etc.?

Here is his stats:

2s6vcqv.png

first team football has always helped my youngsters develop. The downsides are that he will be inconsistent at times and you need to decide when to rest him and protect him from any criticism. Be less harsh on him for a bad performance than a more experienced player. I generally prefer to put a youngster into my first team than loan him out as I have excellent training routines and a minimumn of 4star coaches. I'd probably hold him back a little until he's 17 and then training on full time adult shcedules, but there is no reason he can't be in your first team squad, but maybe behind a more experienced player in the pecking order.

I developed a couple wonderkids in my saved but one of them never became better after a while. The best way i experienced the development of these young guys is play them in games when you are the clear favorites. (Easy win for .....)headline. Make sure they start and play the whole game.

As long as they are comfortable in the team then its not really an issue although bringing them through gradually will help.

I would be concerned that his average rating is quite low, especially in the league and I would have been restricting his appearances in the first team before now (although his role might also play a part).

Something to be careful of is over playing him. This could either hamper his development (he won't reach his full potential in technical abilities), effect his phyical attributes or he may be come injury prone. It's always best, as someone suggested earler in the thread, to slowly introduce them to the firs team with appearances in cup games, easy matches (agaisnt weaker opposition at home) and as subs. I really Wouldnt risk having them playing week in, week out until they are about 20ish.

I detest these ridiculous attacks on regens which are not perfect in each and every respect.

People fail to notice that rl players are way less rounded than they are in the game which is an issue of research, though an understandable one as I remember giving well-rounded attributes as well when in doubt while I was a researcher myself. So no offense to the researchers as I think it's natural to be influenced by how attributes should be when evaluating the rl players. That doesn't change the issue though.

However, retraining this guy as a striker might indeed be a great idea :thup:

I detest these ridiculous attacks on regens which are not perfect in each and every respect.

People fail to notice that rl players are way less rounded than they are in the game which is an issue of research, though an understandable one as I remember giving well-rounded attributes as well when in doubt while I was a researcher myself. So no offense to the researchers as I think it'snatural to be influenced by how attributes should be when evaluating the rl players. That doesn't change the issue though.

However, retraining this guy as a striker might indeed be a great idea :thup:

agreed this player should be retained as a striker... but as far as a striker goes he is only really championship/very low EPL quality.

agreed this player should be retained as a striker... but as far as a striker goes he is only really championship/very low EPL quality.

Agreed as far as his current ability is concerned. Yet with him being just 16 years old and with the right shaping through training I expect he could become top class within 2 years :)

lusguilherme.th.png

I played this guy in the first team at 16 he played 38 games then and has developed into a great player. I left the club a couple of years back and he has now moved to Inter for £27 million. It was the Argentinian Prem not the EPL but I am guessing the only difference is the quality of the opposition, it's still first team football.

Thanks guys.

I guess everyone seems have a common sense about youngsters, and this particular player.

I am actually doing what most of the people in this thread said:

*Easy on him even he plays bad

*Trying not to push him or over-encourage him in big matches

etc.

Also, I am playing him as a striker from the start, because he is a midfielder AND striker. He is doing great! He is very good at both scoring and assisting.

Do you think I still need to re-train him as ST, even though he is already a striker?

I would do the extra training in Striker just to give him that extra edge.

I have a very strong Italian youth at my Barca club who is 17, going on 18 next month playing at FC/Striker. I play him on my first team in matches against weaker opponents and occasionally in a few big matches as a backup. The kid has scored over 20 goals in my youth team and 10 playing for the first team. I'd recommend Tugg's training and having your best striker (if possible) tutor him. Next season I'm taking my youth to the first team and selling Zlatan.

I would do the extra training in Striker just to give him that extra edge.

I have a very strong Italian youth at my Barca club who is 17, going on 18 next month playing at FC/Striker. I play him on my first team in matches against weaker opponents and occasionally in a few big matches as a backup. The kid has scored over 20 goals in my youth team and 10 playing for the first team. I'd recommend Tugg's training and having your best striker (if possible) tutor him. Next season I'm taking my youth to the first team and selling Zlatan.

For the first part I presume you mean positional training. I would imagine he is at least accomplished already in that position so there is no need.

A training schedule that focuses more on the attacking side of the game would see more of an increase in those attributes as all the schedules do is affect distribution of training points. Personally though looking at his attributes I would focus more on the technical side.

Finally having your "best" striker tutor him is really poor advice when you have no clue who his best striker is and what sort of personality they have. In fact you could even make him worse.

Thanks guys.

I guess everyone seems have a common sense about youngsters, and this particular player.

I am actually doing what most of the people in this thread said:

*Easy on him even he plays bad

*Trying not to push him or over-encourage him in big matches

etc.

Also, I am playing him as a striker from the start, because he is a midfielder AND striker. He is doing great! He is very good at both scoring and assisting.

Do you think I still need to re-train him as ST, even though he is already a striker?

Oh, I think we have missed that. Obviously no reason to retrain then :)

What do people think about loaning youngsters out? Bear in mind that you are usually loaning to a side a few divs below you with worse coaching and training facilities.

Are the benefits that the youngster will get from playing first team footy on loan any better than staying in your youth/reserve side and using the better coaches/facilities to up his stats?

I never experienced that youngsters out on loan improved more than they would have if staying with me. The only times I noticed a difference they didn't improve at all.

The best prospects will get a bit of playing time with me anyway.

The onyl position where I could imagine to act differently is the GK as there, my young 3rd or 4th choice won't get playing time and apparently won't develop as well either. The game is full of GKs with high PA who never develop as they never play. So apparently for them playing time may be a bit more important...

i had a similar situiation a while ago bought a 16 year old and in my eye's could easily play first team football.. so i was waying up me options.. leave in the u18 score loads and get confidents..play in my reserves and play in cup matches only.. play in few first team games as a sub where i should be winning.. or just play the guy as much as i can..

wbp5kz.jpg

Here he is when i first good him... so i decided to play him in the freindlys and put him in for one u18 game and he scored a hat-rick, destroyed the other team single handed.. so i was needless to say i was impressed and put him in for the first game of the season againd hull and never looked back...

k54bpc.jpg

his stats before the start of the season against hull.. 9 goals

so the season went on and he played nearly all my games and improved very well becoming a wonder kid...

2dilhcw.jpg

theres him at the end of the season did very well in his debut season...

so by playing him i was worried about over playing him and he get tired or injured alot but hasn't at all...

ber in mind this was his first season im am three more seasons through and can show a screenie of him in the last two years if you want :thup:

I have this way of doing things and seems to work well.

- I keep players in u18 until they are 16, then if they look promising I moev them to the reserves.

- If they look really promisiing them I move them to the first team, but also use the 'make available for reserves option'

- I try and build 2 teams, 11 excellent first teamers and a backup 11 of excellent youth prospects;

- Play the first team for big/hard games

- Play mix and match of the two for average games

- Play the entire backup team for easy games, league cup games, easy CL group games, world club cup games etc

I'd say my B team gets 30-40% of the games we play, so the development seems good. Once a B team player is good enough to replaec a A team player I sell the A teamer, move the B in and then get a new B player in or from the u18/reserves. You usually make a profic and reduce the wage bill at the same time.

Hope that helps.

I also loan players out when they are 19 if possible, sometimes works a treat, sometimes doesn't.

I also have 4+ star coaches and always ask for better training facilities and such.

There's no real problem with youngsters - if they're good enough they're good enough. His rating is a bit iffy though unless your whole team's rating is poor as a whole. But I wouldn't target, say 40+ appearances per season, maybe dropping him back into the Reserves and Youth every now and then to give him a break especially if he loses form as youngsters get more consistent as they get older. Too much football doesn't always help I think - some of my youngsters developed slower than when I used them sparingly.

I used a 16 year old left back in my Newport County team for my second spell in the Prem, had nobody better so i saw no harm in it. His value has doubled now he's 17 and a few clubs are swarming round him. His rating is 3 stars now but my coaches say his potential is 4 and a 1/2. I figure the more games he gets the better, I keep him rotated with older players though and I've had no problems so far.

From my experience it is best to give young stars as much first team football as possible. Whenever i've had a talented young player join or come through the youth academy and i've put him in the U18's until he is 19 he has usually gone on to be a flop. But when i've given them first team football and probably sacrificed a few points in the league (that they can give away due to inexperience) they've usually gone on to be stars. Also seems to work most the time with loaning them out. Had an 17 year old prodigy in my team before and I didn't want to put him in U18's and I had no room for him in my first team. I then loaned him out to Pompey for a season where he played pretty well and when he came back all his stats had shot up and his value had gone through the roof.

If they are good enough there is no harm in playing them as long as you use them reasonably sparingly. I had a 16 y/o right winger who was amazing and managed 25 apps for my world dominating Everton team, performing as well as any of his team mates.

Archived