How many players do you buy?

Wheneve I start a new game, I always think I'm just going to stick to buying 4 or 5 players to put my mark on the team and try and use what I've got. And every single time, I end up buying about 15 players, selling 3/4 of the team and not really managing the team I chose to!!

How many players does everyone else usually buy/sell when they start with a new team?

I usually start out a save by purchasing two or three players and selling none. Buying too many players at one time or selling too many disrupts squad gelling - or so I've heard from FM Britain.

FM10 really takes squad harmony to another level. Players all with similar personalities, capable of speaking the native language and experience of playing together will perform to a higher level than those who haven't.

start of the season, I get 2-3 young players, sell 1-2 older players to clear the way for new stars.

winter transfer window, sell 1-2 more and get another 1-2. At the start of the second, I get a reallly good player per line, loan any youngsters that may need more play time

Usually in the first season I will buy 3-4 first team squad players (they may be starters). Then I tend to go off and buy a load of youth teamers on the cheap, hopefully either future first-teamers or profitable investments.

Sometimes I will buy more first-teamers, but very rarely less.

I sign 'first team' players when needed but i do spend money on some young players hoping they turn out to be good.

I have had the same first team for the past 3 seasons, but my team fell away last season so a few more players are gonna be brought in this season.

once i bought about 40+ players but about 30-32 of them were youngsters because my youth team was absolute dog (i kept most of the original youth team on though, no-one wanted to buy them and i didn't want to release them) and i sold about 5 first team players i considered not good enough and bought maybe 8/9 players in to shore up the squad.

i think that was my biggest first-transfer-window spending spree to date (cost me around £120M but luckily i made about £50M-£60M from selling players)

I tend to look to see where I am weakest and I like 2 players per position to battle it out and maybe 4 -5 youth I can play when/if I am winning 3-0 or something. I then buy players to get the team to this position and then sell anyone over 33. I normally look at the staff as well in the first window and get rid of any that are rubbish.

I generally buy no more than 10 young players and no more than 5 each transfer season. I try to have about 55-60 members in my team at any time and I sell when I can or trade. I found that buy grabbing a bunch of youths, I can really get a good group to pull from for those tiny teams that I play against sometimes. My youngest goalscorer is 16 and while he's an average player (1.5 stars), i've got offers for upto 4 million for him when I snagged him for less than 100K.

Archived