What have you done with the 0-0's???!!!

DP

Loving the patch but I am coming towards the end of September and across all 5 English divisions I have active there has not been one 0-0. Surely something is up here??

On top of that there's only a handful of 1-0's. Now this cannot be down to tactics as it's for all teams.

Have SI acknowledged there are far too many goals being converted? Strikers also seem too hot on this version.

Loving the patch but I am coming towards the end of September and across all 5 English divisions I have active there has not been one 0-0. Surely something is up here??

On top of that there's only a handful of 1-0's. Now this cannot be down to tactics as it's for all teams.

Have SI acknowledged there are far too many goals being converted? Strikers also seem too hot on this version.

people weren't complaining about too few goals being scored, they were complaining about strikers not being able to finish simple one on one chances against the keeper

the ideal solution would have been to increase the proportion of one on ones that result in a goal, while significantly improving defensive ai and reducing the ease with which teams can play through balls, thus lowering the number of one on ones that took place in the first place

As Chesterfield I'm only three games in (plus two cup ties) and my scores so far have been:

3-0 Brentford

1-1 Norwich (we won on penalties)

2-2 Grimsby

2-2 Morecambe

0-7 Reading

I'll have a look at how many 0-0's there have been in other leagues...

Premiership (4 games played each): 2

Championship (3 games): 0

League One (3 games): 0

Blue Squeare Prem (5 games): 0

Ligue 1 Orange (6 games): 1

Clydesdale Bank Prem (4 games): 1

German First Division (4 games): 1

Now this should give a slightly clearer picture:

MLS (approx 22 games played each): 4

Brazil First Division (19 games played each): 7

So 0-0 draws are noticable, but they seem to be far too irregular.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Well, everyone was moaning about there being to litte goals scored. Si fixed it and now people are moaning that strikers are scoring (not directed at you). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, people must want a balance between the two extremes. Crazy that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GrahamPoll'sPants:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Well, everyone was moaning about there being to litte goals scored. Si fixed it and now people are moaning that strikers are scoring (not directed at you). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, people must want a balance between the two extremes. Crazy that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not having a go, but what would be a balance between the two extremes? People kept going on about too few goals now too many goals, too few headed goals and now too many. What on earth would be a middle ground in this and how would SI go about fixing it so as everyone will be happy.

To be honest I think this is an issue that has been blown out of all proportion and while I accept that there will be sensible people who are disappointed with the ME I would still suggest that a majority of the people who post here condemning it and moaning and FIFA fans who want to see their side go on a 200 game uneaten run scoring 500 goals in the process.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> the ideal solution would have been to increase the proportion of one on ones that result in a goal, while significantly improving defensive ai and reducing the ease with which teams can play through balls, thus lowering the number of one on ones that took place in the first place </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. But people weren't moaning about the amount of chances created. Si did what the moaners wanted. Allowed strikers to finish far more one on ones. The amount of chances created was ALWAYS the problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

SI only really did a quick fix, just made the strikers score easier and made corners produce more gaols, GK are still idiots as are defenders </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason for the "quick fix" was the deluge of rants from people who had drawn a game agaisnt Derby and so classed this as a bug. Every day another dozen posts about where the patch is appeared and the FM punter has noone to blame but the ranters for it possibly being rushed job.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> the ideal solution would have been to increase the proportion of one on ones that result in a goal, while significantly improving defensive ai and reducing the ease with which teams can play through balls, thus lowering the number of one on ones that took place in the first place </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. But people weren't moaning about the amount of chances created. Si did what the moaners wanted. Allowed strikers to finish far more one on ones. The amount of chances created was ALWAYS the problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And IMO has been a problem for a number of years now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kill Rock Stars:

people weren't complaining about too few goals being scored, they were complaining about strikers not being able to finish simple one on one chances against the keeper

the ideal solution would have been to increase the proportion of one on ones that result in a goal, while significantly improving defensive ai and reducing the ease with which teams can play through balls, thus lowering the number of one on ones that took place in the first place </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's true.

also you have take into account player atributes. I believe that most players are over rated at the minute. (I claim this for every FM serie, not for 802). I had many on FM games where it was normal that strkers score over 30 goals in the league only, or having 80 goals in all matches or rooney scoring goal per match in FM08.

IRE it's unbelieveble how cristiano scores so many. when luca toni scored more then 30 goals in serie a, it was 1st time after 50, or 60 years (or something), that somebody scored more then 30 in serie a....

those 16+ atributes should be very rare. if someone has two or 3 or 4 stats +16 he should be a world class player IMO. 20's should be reserved for legends and top of the cream. now we just have too many players with too many +16 stats. IMHO

It's just the lack of tight games and too be fair I've noticed this ever since the 2-D view came about (CM4).

I would love to see a team like Chelsea chrurning out 1-0's but it just doesn't seem to be possible in FM.

PS - Re the corner issue, I've not socred one from a corner or had one scored against me and I'm now in October.

It's just the lack of tight games and too be fair I've noticed this ever since the 2-D view came about (CM4).

I would love to see a team like Chelsea chrurning out 1-0's but it just doesn't seem to be possible in FM.

PS - Re the corner issue, I've not socred one from a corner or had one scored against me and I'm now in October.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

SI only really did a quick fix, just made the strikers score easier and made corners produce more gaols, GK are still idiots as are defenders </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason for the "quick fix" was the deluge of rants from people who had drawn a game agaisnt Derby and so classed this as a bug. Every day another dozen posts about where the patch is appeared and the FM punter has noone to blame but the ranters for it possibly being rushed job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there were some more inteligent moaners also.

there was a 1/1 bug, too many chances bug, super GK bug, all becouse defensive bug icon_wink.gif 801 wasn't any good. but off course you can't fix it by only making finishing better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

there were some more inteligent moaners also.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Without a doubt, and there were some obvious issues with the game but there were too many people ready to write the game off because of man made bugs such as the registration issue and there are still too many people moaning. IMO 8.0.2 isn't as good as 8.0.l, despite some improvements e.g. corner goals.

If it had been up to me I would have said 8.0.1 will do ok, it isn't great but rather than focus on 8.0.2 or 8.0.3 or 4 or 5 or 6 lol just concentrate on getting FM09 right. I don't want to be sitting here a year from now having played a game that hasn't improved as much as it could have and still has plenty of bugs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Not having a go, but what would be a balance between the two extremes? People kept going on about too few goals now too many goals, too few headed goals and now too many. What on earth would be a middle ground in this and how would SI go about fixing it so as everyone will be happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theoretically and in an ideal world, you'd have scores that reflect real life and that come in a realistic manner. 8.0.1 provided realistic results, I think - too few goals was never a problem for me - but how you ended up with that score was a problem, i.e. goal-to-shot ratio. Or at least it was for a large number of players. In 8.0.2 the problem seems to be reversed - apart from an inordinate amount of long shots finding the net, the goal-to-shot ratio seems fine but the amount of goals, both human and AI, is on the high side. This is not just for human teams but right across the board, as this thread has begun to demonstrate. I suspect that after so many people complained about low scores, SI went about addressing this by making strikers more powerful and goalkeepers less powerful and that this is probably what's thrown scores off kilter. Now I said above "in an ideal world", but the 7.0.2 ME for the most part managed realistic scores in realistic ways pretty admirably so I don't think this is some far-off unobtainable ideal.

I do, of course, agree with you that pleasing everybody is obviously not possible, but I do think that finding that so far elusive balance observable in 7.0.2 is achievable. The first step towards this has to be a match engine that limits goals in a more natural way than employing "superkeepers" (8.0.1) and increases goals in a more natural way than using "superstrikers" (8.0.2) How this is done, I don't have a clue. I believe Miles when he says that slight changes to the way the ME works can send several other things out of whack, so I appreciate the improvements that they have made to this ME, which after all does run much smoother than 8.0.1 ever did.

To be honest I think this is an issue that has been blown out of all proportion and while I accept that there will be sensible people who are disappointed with the ME I would still suggest that a majority of the people who post here condemning it and moaning and FIFA fans who want to see their side go on a 200 game uneaten run scoring 500 goals in the process. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't really agree with this. Sure, some people are going to choose a weak League One team and wonder after a few of seasons why they're not winning the Champions League yet, but for the most part I think the complaints levelled at this game have been to do with it not delivering as realistic a football experience as it could - and indeed as it consistently has done in the past.

I'm not sure it has in the past either, tbh. I've seen things about super keepers etc for years now and every game I have had at least one striker get over 40 in a season.

People need to remember that it is a game and reflecting real life is always going to be difficult. I noticed someone mentioned Chlesea scoring too much on a thread earlier on, so what should SI do limit them to a 1 goal advantage every game?

In my game I have beaten my closest rival 3-o and lost to them 5-0, I have lost against small teams and I have totally destroyed small teams. That's football that is simulation, as best it can be done IMO.

Of course there were people who were sensible enough to suggest bugs/issues etc in a decent way but we all know that in the weeks preceding the patch a majority of posts were the mindless rantings of idiots who had just drawn against Barcelona.

This IMO was the contributing factor to 8.0.2 being really quite weak and in essence suffering because of a playstation mentality of a majority of members who wouldn't enjoy a sim even if it was result for result identical to the EPL so far this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

those 16+ atributes should be very rare. if someone has two or 3 or 4 stats +16 he should be a world class player IMO. 20's should be reserved for legends and top of the cream. now we just have too many players with too many +16 stats. IMHO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sounds like a good idea, but because it would have to apply right across the board I think the implementation of it would be a logistic nightmare due to the size of the database and the amount of people who work on it. I think the database will remain as is with periodic tweaks for the remainder of FM's life. Unless...

How much is it to buy a midget these days. If we locked one in a room and set him to work immediately, this could maybe be done in time for FM2011. I'll start making calls.

we all know that in the weeks preceding the patch a majority of posts were the mindless rantings of idiots who had just drawn against Barcelona.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

utter nonsense

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kill Rock Stars:

we all know that in the weeks preceding the patch a majority of posts were the mindless rantings of idiots who had just drawn against Barcelona.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

utter nonsense </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif quite pathetic to be honest but ah well, reasoned debate is obviously not his forte.

icon_biggrin.gif quite pathetic to be honest but ah well, reasoned debate is obviously not his forte. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i beg your pardon? how exactly were you providing a reasoned debate in the first place? what on earth is reasoned about "in the weeks preceding the patch a majority of posts were the mindless rantings of idiots who had just drawn against Barcelona"?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kav:

in the english leagues, they's not many 0-0 draws irl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This is true, actually. There are probably more than what we're seeing here, but after checking out recent scores throughout the leagues not by a massive margin. So this may not be the problem initially expected. At any rate, I haven't played anywhere near enough games with this new patch to make an informed judgement either way.

It'd be interesting to hear from someone who has played multiple seasons. Specifically, how many 0-0 draws their team has had, what their goals for and against averages are and what tactics they use.

icon_biggrin.gif quite pathetic to be honest but ah well, reasoned debate is obviously not his forte. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i beg your pardon? how exactly were you providing a reasoned debate in the first place? what on earth is reasoned about "in the weeks preceding the patch a majority of posts were the mindless rantings of idiots who had just drawn against Barcelona"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is even more pathetic is your attempt to draw attention to my lack of reason without providing the full quote lol.

A rather shambolic and cretinous attempt at critique me thinks.

Here you go in case you forgot...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Of course there were people who were sensible enough to suggest bugs/issues etc in a decent way but we all know that in the weeks preceding the patch a majority of posts were the mindless rantings of idiots who had just drawn against Barcelona. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I provide the two sides of the coin there, the people who were issuing constructive criticism and those who weren't. Very balanced and very reasoned. icon_smile.gif

I'm not sure it has in the past either, tbh. I've seen things about super keepers etc for years now and every game I have had at least one striker get over 40 in a season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its never been as blatant as in FM08, at least not as I can recall. The keepers were a bit too strong in 7.0.2, I think, but not really to the detriment of the game, i.e. they didn't save everything and you still ended the game with a realistic enough score more often than not. As for strikers, I've never had one score 40 goals in any version, I don't think, but I'm aware other people have. Again, though, it's likely to prove even more of a problem in this version as where in the past you may have been averaging around 1-1.5 goals a game or something, many people in 8.0.2 are averaging significantly more, which presumably will result in even more goals for individual strikers - 50 a season, perhaps. Admittedly, at this stage this is nothing more than speculation, but it seems to make sense given the apparent increased abilities of strikers versus the decreased ability of goalkeepers in this version.

Of course there were people who were sensible enough to suggest bugs/issues etc in a decent way but we all know that in the weeks preceding the patch a majority of posts were the mindless rantings of idiots who had just drawn against Barcelona.

This IMO was the contributing factor to 8.0.2 being really quite weak and in essence suffering because of a playstation mentality of a majority of members who wouldn't enjoy a sim even if it was result for result identical to the EPL so far this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the majority of people who purchase FM know in advance what to expect and buy it primarily because it's considered a realistic simulation of football - or certainly the most realistic available, at least. Most people with this Fifa or playstation mentality you allude to don't go rushing out to buy management games that look like spreadsheets with 2D match engines, I wouldn't imagine. People buy sims because they want sims.

The people I refer to are the people who alter databases, add extra funds etc. Expect 7 goal thrillers that will keep you on the edge of your seat and have a striker who scores hat tricks every other game. There are plenty of them and plenty of them complained.

You only have to look at these forums to see that nearly everyday a new thread is started asking for new gimmicks like spending your wages etc. But hey, we all started off like that I suppose, perhaps the only difference was that when I started playing CM/FM the internet was not such a massive thing and knew where or how to rant off.

I'm not saying that there are no issues just that the patch was rushed because people made mountains out of molehills about certain issues. For example earlier this week a guy was on here going on about how SI had totally f'd up and were crap because he couldn't win a single game, today he started a thread saying they were s*** because he won the treble and only got 3m to spend, some people are never happy but unfortunately it's people like this that SI have listened to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The people I refer to are the people who alter databases, add extra funds etc. Expect 7 goal thrillers that will keep you on the edge of your seat and have a striker who scores hat tricks every other game. There are plenty of them and plenty of them complained.

You only have to look at these forums to see that nearly everyday a new thread is started asking for new gimmicks like spending your wages etc. But hey, we all started off like that I suppose, perhaps the only difference was that when I started playing CM/FM the internet was not such a massive thing and knew where or how to rant off.

I'm not saying that there are no issues just that the patch was rushed because people made mountains out of molehills about certain issues. For example earlier this week a guy was on here going on about how SI had totally f'd up and were crap because he couldn't win a single game, today he started a thread saying they were s*** because he won the treble and only got 3m to spend, some people are never happy but unfortunately it's people like this that SI have listened to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Salute you nomis, and there has been another post re what you mention in the last 5 minutes on a different thread.

SI should do what they do, believe in what they do, and stop pandering to the 'minority' and it the minority as the majority of us didnt see any real cause for concern over it in the first instance. People moan, SI change it, then the same people moan about the change.

The people I refer to are the people who alter databases, add extra funds etc. Expect 7 goal thrillers that will keep you on the edge of your seat and have a striker who scores hat tricks every other game. There are plenty of them and plenty of them complained.

I'm not saying that there are no issues just that the patch was rushed because people made mountains out of molehills about certain issues. For example earlier this week a guy was on here going on about how SI had totally f'd up and were crap because he couldn't win a single game, today he started a thread saying they were s*** because he won the treble and only got 3m to spend, some people are never happy but unfortunately it's people like this that SI have listened to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's some truth in this. Certain people did make a lot of noise about not being able to score and SI seem to have addressed this by making it too easy to score. I think people's concerns were mostly genuine (notice it was always "I just can't score" not "I'm not scoring enough") and perhaps down to inexperience and an inability to properly apply tactics, more than people wanting to score 7 goals a game as you suggest. I had no trouble scoring, but others did - and SI by the look of it overcompensated.

I played an 8.0.1 game as Hull and when I stopped playing with about 5 games to go in my first season I was sitting about 14th or 15th, up from 17th where I'd spent most of the season. I was scoring plenty of goals, but I was conceding them also and overall it was a welcome challenge. The match engine, however, was a mess full of frustrating little annoyances. Your last man just stopping to let the opposition striker free on goal; defenders not reacting to balls played into space; strikers rarely if ever rounding the keeper; most long shots hit directly at the keeper for easy saves; keepers too often parrying balls to their opponents resulting in way too many tap-in goals. And on and on. These were genuine concerns and add them up and the ME just didn't run smoothly at all. SI, to their credit, have ironed out just about all of these problems and the ME is much, much better as a result. It's a shame, then, that despite getting so much right they've changed things to allow too many goals, or at least that seems to be the case. Get that back into check and you've probably got the best FM match engine yet, SI.

[A rather shambolic and cretinous attempt at critique me thinks.

Here you go in case you forgot...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Of course there were people who were sensible enough to suggest bugs/issues etc in a decent way but we all know that in the weeks preceding the patch a majority of posts were the mindless rantings of idiots who had just drawn against Barcelona. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I provide the two sides of the coin there, the people who were issuing constructive criticism and those who weren't. Very balanced and very reasoned. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

regardless of the full quote, you've just dismissed most of the complaints as coming from idiots. that's not a reasoned argument, it's just being insulting

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maviarab:

SI should do what they do, believe in what they do, and stop pandering to the 'minority' and it the minority as the majority of us didnt see any real cause for concern over it in the first instance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have the figures on hand or something? Because from what I've read on this board over the last couple of months, the clear majority opinion seemed to be that there were several significant problems that needed fixing in 8.0.2, not the other way around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Because from what I've read on this board over the last couple of months, the clear majority opinion seemed to be that there were several significant problems that needed fixing in 8.0.2, not the other way around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen just as many threads/posts defending it as I have attacking it. As for the majority minority issue, that would all depend on whether you get into the whole argument of 'only a small minority' know about the forums, even though the game was Number 1 across Europe for weeks and weeks and sold in the millions.

Unfortunatly thats another argument thats a no brainer, some will agree some will disagree.

But, from regulary reading the forum, it does seem that the 'majority' of people who were moaning pre patch, are the same people to moan after the patch. Horses for courses, SI will never please everyone and there will always be indifference unfortunatly. Thats life I guess icon_smile.gif

Damn can't edit posts lol.

I will add to my above post though, that if a certain percentage were to do less moaning here they might find that they actually enjoy playing the game ? But mayhaps they can't enjoy the game as they are too busy moaning here ?

Everything is objective, and ultimatly its a dead argument as there will be no winners.

Both in my games and in games between AI teams the goals/game ratio seems very realistic.

However, it's true that I very rarely see a 0-0 which is not the case in real life.

But I can live with that because there are a lot of 1-0's, 1-1's and 2-1's, which keeps the average goals/game realistic. If 1/3 of those 1-0's would turn into 0-0's, it would be spot on in terms of statistics.

Right now it's just a little annoying that when your game starts you kind of know that either your team or the opponent team will score a goal at some point.

I'm not going to question whether or not this is really happening as I doubt you would make it up.

But I'm not going to look for it in my game because I only notice such faults/bugs after reading a thread on here.

Besides, on my game the usual suspects are winning and losing, the league tables are taking a tediously inevitable shape, and I am starting to struggle for mediocrity.

So, all's well then.... icon_biggrin.gif

I just made an experiment. I was playing at home against a team a little weaker than mine. I went out with a very defensive 4-1-3-2 tactic, and I used 2 of my strikers which weren't in good form. The game ended 0-0.

After seing this, I thought maybe the reason that we don't see many 0-0's is that the AI teams rarely play with a very defensive formation. Then I did a little research and saw that in this game AI teams in England play with relatively attacking formations compared to the ones in Italy (I have English, Italian and Spainish leagues running), and looking at the past scores I saw considerably more 0-0's in Italian league.

I noticed another thing.

So, it's all good I guess icon_smile.gif

I think in some part it has to do with the increased number of goals from corners. In my game at least, in which I play with a quite defensive and disciplined philosophy, I would have a lot of 0-0 draws if it weren't for that 1-0 corner deciding the outcome.

From soccerstats.com

1 - 1 37 14.2 %

1 - 0 33 12.7 %

2 - 0 21 8.10 %

2 - 1 20 7.72 %

1 - 2 19 7.33 %

0 - 0 19 7.33 %

0 - 1 17 6.56 %

0 - 2 15 5.79 %

3 - 1 14 5.40 %

Other 10 3.86 %

2 - 2 10 3.86 %

3 - 0 8 3.08 %

1 - 3 6 2.31 %

0 - 3 5 1.93 %

4 - 1 5 1.93 %

3 - 2 4 1.54 %

4 - 0 4 1.54 %

1 - 4 3 1.15 %

4 - 4 2 0.77 %

0 - 4 2 0.77 %

3 - 3 2 0.77 %

4 - 2 2 0.77 %

2 - 3 1 0.38 %

3 - 4 0 0 %

2 - 4 0 0 %

4 - 3 0 0 %

this is the prem league so far - is there any way to pull off a similar table easily from the game???

• SI Staff

Our tests indicated around 6% of matches in the PL are 0-0 in 8.0.2, in the first season of play. That figure is also 6% for La Liga and 8% in Serie A.

Its from one full season so around 400 matches per competition. No human managers were selected in the leagues tested.

in that case paul then that is pretty much spot on with what i got off socerstats for the season so far - what does your tests compare like with the rest of the results i gave irl - personally i find that 4 goals are scored waaaaay too much by any one side!!!

Paul Your welcome to a copy of our clan game in La Liga.

We are on Season 2011-12 and every season has been played out with Human Managers.

We re-started for 8.0.1 and has updated as we have gone with 8.0.2 and the newer one.

I'd say the game has been well tested by us over the seasons, Most of what can be done has been.

Just had a look out of Eighteen matches in our fourth season I’ve never had a 0-0 draw. Only draw I’ve had was a 2-2 draw with another Human manager. Three of the other clan players look like this

Valencia – No 0-0 Draws only draw a 2-2 with Human player

Zaragoza – No 0-0 Draws with four Score draws.

Deportivo – Two 0-0 Draws ( but I’m afraid the Human player in question was not playing over these few matches) so Ai V Ai

• SI Staff

sav112 - in your save, are *all* matches played by human?

For what its worth, the 8.0.2 match engine is being used in the FML beta, and we are seeing around 4% of games finish goal-less, and around 0.75 more goals per game than in our FM-AI only tests.

It is pretty clear that human teams produce more goals at both ends, but given that they have the same tactical options as the AI we cant really change this as the game world needs to be tuned to the database ( aka the AI ).

Cheers,

Paul

I drew 0-0 last night in my 8th competitive game with the new patch. I've also had 3 matches finish 1-0 either way. Admittedly I've had a 5-2 and a 3-3 in those 8 matches, but so far I wouldn't say there's too many goals being scored, although I think too many come from set-pieces.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulC:

sav112 - in your save, are *all* matches played by human?

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right now we have seven lads in the game, five I'd vouch for playing every match or as close to it and the other two half and half.

Myself, Ferg, and Jonny have played practically every match over the four seasons.

It's your tactics.

Since I started really getting heavy with tactics, these are my Newcastle results:

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newcastleresultswd8.jpg

The 7-3 and 5-3 with Chelsea were abnormal results but followed the same path: Lampard ripped me apart for the first half hour, and when I sorted him out I was able to go on the counter a blitz them. I'm guessing they were using him as a playmaker or something because when I took him out of the game they couldn't play.

Still no 0-0s but it ain't spoiling the game that much for me. At least the regular high-scoring games have slowed.

Tactics are cool... icon_cool.gif

well i still have way too many goals in my games.

Looks like charity matches on the scoreboard. When i play defensive my teams just scores a little less, but the opponent still scores like crazy. And i got good defenders.

Since then patch i just won one match in the 2nd half of the season and so dropped from 4th spot to the 15th.

silly silly silly

Archived