Is my FM2010 AI Cheating???

Okay, I've read about the corner exploit, which I've heard the AI never does.

In one of my current saves (a Man City save) I've noticed that in an inordinate number of corners, Toure is standing in the near corner of the penalty area. The corner is taken short to him and he fires inside the near post. He's scored several that way in friendlies and the first few games of the season.

I've seen the opposing team do this a few times too, but not as often as my team.

I use the tactics wizard and never give specific corner instructions. I just pick my corner taker and my team instructions and style.

Is the AI using the exploit when it does this? Seems to easy for Toure...

Yes, there is an issue with marking at corners which often sees the player with "Attack Near Post" orders left unmarked.

The AI do use this when attacking but you can defend against it by giving more players "Man mark" instructions when defending corners (Nb this doesn't work 100% of the time).

Attacking wise I don't use the "Attack near post" order now as I consider it an exploit.

If the game uses a similar 'exploit' to a human 'cheat' then I think it's reasonable to describe it as 'cheating'. I'm with Somebodyfoolish here.

But the AI is not allowed to set up its corner tactics to use the specific exploit. What is happening here is the law of averages kicking in, as a general tactic will hit on the exploit mechanics every so often, and there's nothing you can do about it.

If you want to stop the AI doing this, set one of your players to man marking - it seems to help.

I always have default defensive settings (ie ,two CBs on "mark tall", everyone but strikers on "go back") but I switch my DM from "go back" to "man mark" and instead of double-marking some back-post irrelevance, he picks up the unmarked front post man.

If you want to know if the AI is successfully "cheating," look at your league's team goals from corners. A while back in my Werder Bremen save, just after the patch, Leverkusen started to hit upon the corner exploits way too often, and their goals from corners went through the roof - but it was all normal the next season.

Some of you misunderstand my concern - I can set the man-marking against the AI corners, but it's my team's corners that concern me. I don't necessarily want to fuss about with my corners. I also don't want a CB with 20 goals in a season, because that's ridiculous and unrealistic. If I change my set up to avoid using the exploit, will my squad then try the same corner set piece every time and make them completely ineffective?

But the AI is not allowed to set up its corner tactics to use the specific exploit. What is happening here is the law of averages kicking in, as a general tactic will hit on the exploit mechanics every so often, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Pretty much this, I use mixed corner instructions and thusly occasionally i use the exploit just at random, I take solice in the fact that despite being promoted as champions i scored 2 goals from corners all season (the lowest in the league and 14 less than the highest).

I found that default setup for defending corners has some weaknesses that AI will try to use against you.Small tweaking and keeping only 1 player up front for corners removed that issue.

I wouldn't call it "AI cheating",because it's just weak setup that causes issues.

Yes the AI is cheating you, time and time again...

How annoying - I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but you obviously just read the thread title and knee-jerked a response. Why bother, really?

Explained it twice - you must have Tourette's... just can't help yourself.

How annoying - I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but you obviously just read the thread title and knee-jerked a response. Why bother, really?

Explained it twice - you must have Tourette's... just can't help yourself.

You must have Amnesia

You must have Amnesia

No, sadly, trying to find an excuse for your own rudeness, as I'd hate to think it's done purposely. Instead of being bratty about it, you could just admit you didn't take the time to actually read the thread. Your post was beyond useless. Both, really.

No, sadly, trying to find an excuse for your own rudeness, as I'd hate to think it's done purposely. Instead of being bratty about it, you could just admit you didn't take the time to actually read the thread. Your post was beyond useless. Both, really.

And you seem p.issed, even accusing me of sickness, just because of a useless post..I pity you :rolleyes:

And you seem p.issed, even accusing me of sickness, just because of a useless post..I pity you :rolleyes:

Because I had a serious question that took a little bit of comprehension, yet I've mostly had to wade through useless posts such as yours because actually reading the thread is so hard.

So, yeah, I'm annoyed. Save your pity for yourself. You'll need it.

I set a player (my shortest) to "close down" at corners - I never used to do this but it seems to stop the AI passing to the near post.

(I haven't done a statistical analysis or anything, so I may have to retract that statement, but I can't remember conceding a goal that way, except when Mr Centralmidfielder went walkies.)

Because I had a serious question that took a little bit of comprehension, yet I've mostly had to wade through useless posts such as yours because actually reading the thread is so hard.

So, yeah, I'm annoyed. Save your pity for yourself. You'll need it.

Ok so it's my bad for not reading ALL your comprehension(if that's what you call it)..So after you "wade through" useless posts you still need to highlight my post to slate, oh dear..This is not your first forum is it? Are you the type that gets offended easily from "useless posts"? If you do you need help my friend..That's why you need more pity than I do, trust me on that ;)

Ok so it's my bad for not reading ALL your comprehension(if that's what you call it)..So after you "wade through" useless posts you still need to highlight my post to slate, oh dear..This is not your first forum is it? Are you the type that gets offended easily from "useless posts"? If you do you need help my friend..That's why you need more pity than I do, trust me on that ;)

Fine, be a useless twit. Since you're so high and mighty and think your pity would mean anything to anyone else, one would think you'd deign, out of the goodness of your little heart, to actually read and give a help. Yet here we are.

Truth is I was probably surfing usenet while you were still in nappies. In those days, participation in a thread usually required some level of comprehension of what the thread was about and some level of applicability to one's posts. Useless thread fillers were rightly derided. So, yeah, it's annoying, and frankly not on topic.

In the interest of actually being on topic, allow me to once again clarify - I know the AI isn't cheating, but it seems to use the exploit set up, mostly FOR MY TEAM, since I don't usually specify a corner set up. Since I'm not specifying the set up, it is the AI acting on my behalf, doing what it would do on its own, that is using this set up, and it is getting me more goals from my CB than is realistic.

So I asked if using a specific corner set up to avoid this exploit being used by the ME for my club's benefit would result in a static set up for corners, making them less effective than a changing set up.

So you see how your post is less than useless? And several others. Yours just stood out as the most knee-jerk of them all, so congratulations.

I'm guessing I've already lost you, but you never know...

I didn't know about this corner exploit...

I've had my two big central defenders on attack near post, and my corner instructions as 'play near post' or whatever the wording is..

Haven't come close to scoring a goal.

I think that was the FM09 exploit - the FM10 works differently, with a player placed on the near side of the penalty area, corner taken to his feet, where he regularly slots home because the AI often doesn't pick him up and mark him. I don't recall the exact instructions that make it happen, but I've seen my club take this set up on its own many times over the last 10-12 games, despite no instructions from me, and scoring several goals. Yet I thought the ME wouldn't use this sort of set up on its own, therefore my asking.

Fine, be a useless twit. Since you're so high and mighty and think your pity would mean anything to anyone else, one would think you'd deign, out of the goodness of your little heart, to actually read and give a help. Yet here we are.

Truth is I was probably surfing usenet while you were still in nappies. In those days, participation in a thread usually required some level of comprehension of what the thread was about and some level of applicability to one's posts. Useless thread fillers were rightly derided. So, yeah, it's annoying, and frankly not on topic.

In the interest of actually being on topic, allow me to once again clarify - I know the AI isn't cheating, but it seems to use the exploit set up, mostly FOR MY TEAM, since I don't usually specify a corner set up. Since I'm not specifying the set up, it is the AI acting on my behalf, doing what it would do on its own, that is using this set up, and it is getting me more goals from my CB than is realistic.

So I asked if using a specific corner set up to avoid this exploit being used by the ME for my club's benefit would result in a static set up for corners, making them less effective than a changing set up.

So you see how your post is less than useless? And several others. Yours just stood out as the most knee-jerk of them all, so congratulations.

I'm guessing I've already lost you, but you never know...

:eek::eek: Bravo Mr old and sensitive you've completely lost me!!

Archived