Getting Sponsors in FM2010

yea, so its been 7 years with scunthorpe and got the quadruple with them and they are now the 3rd richest club in the world, but their sponsorship earning is only 250k against the top sponsorship earning in the premiership, 20 millions(if im not wrong) which is manchester united... Whats wrong with this game?

yea, so its been 7 years with scunthorpe and got the quadruple with them and they are now the 3rd richest club in the world, but their sponsorship earning is only 250k against the top sponsorship earning in the premiership, 20 millions(if im not wrong) which is manchester united... Whats wrong with this game?

Yeah this has been bad in the past - but I seem to remember someone asking Miles about this and he said this was fixed for FM2010. Dont forget that with some sponsorship deals they can last for a few years and then the board negotiate a new deal so maybe you will get a new one in the comming years that reflects your global position.

oh, sigh... i've been with scunthorpe for 3 seasons now, but they had not sign any new sponsors... and the one and only sponsor is expiring soon now... hope they sign new and more sponsors :]

rant

That's always one of the things that annoyed me in the FM series (even back in the CM times)... for instance, over 10 years ago I played a Formula 1 management game where you had to allocate resources to get "engine", "tyres", "fuel" and, of course, "sponsors". It was great fun to try and get the best stuff. Now, a decade has passed and football management games still don't add that feature... and personally I find it stupid. I mean, you already have to care for financial issues like buying and selling players, set their wages and contract bonuses... why not allow us to have a say in sponsorship deals too? To players who don't like that, you could always assign that responsability to the commercial director (just like you can assign your Assistant to handle contracts).

/rant

You may rant... you may call me stupid... name one manager who isn't also the club's owner or a director that negotiates sponsorship deals. If you can come up with one (and some proof to go with it), then you won't look stupid.

You may rant... you may call me stupid... name one manager who isn't also the club's owner or a director that negotiates sponsorship deals. If you can come up with one (and some proof to go with it), then you won't look stupid.

Haha. This.

Have not really understood your point (i.e are you supporting him or not) but if you mean that dealing with sponsors/finances is not the manager's job (the golden line...this is football manager not club director manager or whatever) there are various features in the game that a manager does not deal with. They have been included because it provides some of the "fun" factor in the game...so if any new feature does increase the enjoyment of the game, then why not include. One has to come a better excuse/reason than pointing out a manager's work

Have not really understood your point (i.e are you supporting him or not) but if you mean that dealing with sponsors/finances is not the manager's job (the golden line...this is football manager not club director manager or whatever) there are various features in the game that a manager does not deal with. They have been included because it provides some of the "fun" factor in the game...so if any new feature does increase the enjoyment of the game, then why not include. One has to come a better excuse/reason than pointing out a manager's work

Like what, out of interest?

rant

That's always one of the things that annoyed me in the FM series (even back in the CM times)... for instance, over 10 years ago I played a Formula 1 management game where you had to allocate resources to get "engine", "tyres", "fuel" and, of course, "sponsors". It was great fun to try and get the best stuff. Now, a decade has passed and football management games still don't add that feature... and personally I find it stupid. I mean, you already have to care for financial issues like buying and selling players, set their wages and contract bonuses... why not allow us to have a say in sponsorship deals too? To players who don't like that, you could always assign that responsability to the commercial director (just like you can assign your Assistant to handle contracts).

/rant

Your point is null and void. An F1 manager deals with those resources, that is their job, it is not however a football managers job to do sponsorship deals!

Like what, out of interest?

Like for example apart from very respected managers, many do not negotiate the contracts of the players nor negotiate the transfer fees with other clubs (some managers do not have any control as to who is coming and going out of the club), like for example managers do not determine how much bonus should the team be given on winning a trophy, like for example managers do not determine how much money a visiting team should be given when being invited at home to play a friendly game, like for example managers do not decide whether they want to cut short the transfer clauses of a player in order to get instant cash......

Like for example apart from very respected managers, many do not negotiate the contracts of the players nor negotiate the transfer fees with other clubs (some managers do not have any control as to who is coming and going out of the club), like for example managers do not determine how much bonus should the team be given on winning a trophy, like for example managers do not determine how much money a visiting team should be given when being invited at home to play a friendly game, like for example managers do not decide whether they want to cut short the transfer clauses of a player in order to get instant cash......

Most top English managers have full control over signings, even if contracts are negotiated by the chief exec or someone else. Obviously elsewhere things are a little different but I would be amazed if someone like Mourinho didn't have a massive say in things at Inter.

I would be very surprised if managers weren't involved in deciding bonus levels for their squad.

As for the friendly thing, we in FM don't get to determine how much money the visiting team is getting, it is just telling us. That way we can make informed decisions due to the clubs financial position.

Most top English managers have full control over signings, even if contracts are negotiated by the chief exec or someone else. Obviously elsewhere things are a little different but I would be amazed if someone like Mourinho didn't have a massive say in things at Inter. I would be very surprised if managers weren't involved in deciding bonus levels for their squad.

As for the friendly thing, we in FM don't get to determine how much money the visiting team is getting, it is just telling us. That way we can make informed decisions due to the clubs financial position.

Great example....Mourinho indeed has a big say in who comes in or who goes out, but he has no control over the wages and the transfer fee. I remember at the start of the season (or was it January) reading that he has given three or four names to the board and it is up to them to get the players. England is just one country in a continent full of footballing nations...so it is an exception rather than a norm.

You mean to say that Mancini has decided how much of a bonus City players will get if they qualify to the Champions League??? If thats the case then all managers will obviously be giving out "high" bonuses because they are game for anything that might motivate their team...of course the money too will not be theirs.

Ahh yes...i had not bothered to arrange friendlies in this version and this has been changed with 10.3? (i think) but this feature was available in 09 at least...

you may call me stupid...

I could/would... but you're handling it just fine without my input.

so if any new feature does increase the enjoyment of the game, then why not include

It's refreshing to see some people on this board actually bother to think outside the box (and you can interpret the word "box" here in many ways, btw).

Most football managers don't manage the youngsters team either, or handle the contract renewals (that's why the game has an OPTION to assign those "chores" to someone else, if you really don't care for them). This could easily be done with sponsorship deals as well.

To neglect an integral (nay, vital) part of the world of football on the grounds that "well, the TITLE of the game has the word manager, so no go" or any other similar reason is just... well, nevermind. :rolleyes:

Okay - play nicely fellas.

There are many things that don't per se fall under the usual remit of a manager. SI have previously gotten around some of these (expand the stadium, improve the training facilities etc) by including them in the board requests section of the game; maybe sponsorship could be added to list. After all, the better financial standing a club has, the more resources could be made available to the manager, so in theory it has a direct effect on his ability to bring success to the club.

rant

/rant

"Management" of the commercial side of a football club was possible in both the Ultimate Soccer Manager and Premier Manager series.

Does it have a place in the FM series? Well, nope... not for me thanks. I've more interest in managing my players, staff, tactics, training... than managing how many burger bars there are around the stadium ;)

felix magath in schalke is doing this.

"Management" of the commercial side of a football club was possible in both the Ultimate Soccer Manager and Premier Manager series.

Does it have a place in the FM series? Well, nope... not for me thanks. I've more interest in managing my players, staff, tactics, training... than managing how many burger bars there are around the stadium ;)

I believe its also possible in the FIFA Manager series of EA Sports.

You mean to say that Mancini has decided how much of a bonus City players will get if they qualify to the Champions League??? If thats the case then all managers will obviously be giving out "high" bonuses because they are game for anything that might motivate their team...of course the money too will not be theirs.

No he hasn't... because levels of performance bonus have to be decided before the season starts. Tony Pulis has mentioned in the local paper The Sentinel the last two season how he, the club's board and the club captain sit down prior to each season to negotiate and agree on the level of performance bonus.

Archived