For FM09: Different taker for IFKs and DFKs?

Good suggestion but I'd rather say, there should be an option that gives us the chance to set the kick-takers depending on the position of the kick (not left or right but the distance to the goal).

As The Gaffovski said, there are players who are very good crossers but not the best shooters, or vice-versa. For example, Adriano has a very high free-kick attribute so I set him as my main free-kick taker. He often scores from central positions that are close to the box, but when I win a free-kick on the touchline, I don't want to see him go there and take it, as he's tall and his heading is also quite good.

Also, there are players who are good at taking freekicks AND good at jumping+heading. I would like them to go forward when an IFK is given, but would like them to take the kick, if an DFK is given.

For example Oscar Cardozo, Iaquinta, Bodmer.

icon14.gif LSS, seems like a very clear direction to go with this.

To fgu's point, Dave C had suggested a "choose free kick takers by location on the pitch" mechanic, but it sounds a bit needlessly complicated to me.

What if "DFK" implied "Shooting distance", not just whether its direct or not?

Then we might get "IFK - shooting distance", "IFK - out wide", and "IFK - 40-75 yards out"

I am not sure his would work as it might slow the game down to much.

When a free kick is given in the opposing half you get the choice then of who you want to take it. As i stated i think this may slow the flow of the game down to much.

Dave C started a set pieces thread a few weeks ago that dealt with this problem. (although as the thread was not a senseless moan it dropped from these boards dissappointingly quickly)

In general everyone's oppinion was that this needs to be sorted, although unfortunately it's only SI's opinion that matters, and either it's too hard to produce, or has too many inherent problems; either way SI have deemed it not needed - let's hope that changes for FM09 or FM10 or FM11.....

I would also like an option to fine my players for tapping a free kick to my centre back (who has long shots 3) for him to have a go from 30 yards - it's just stupid.

I'd also like to see the option to choose who takes it depending on the position of the free kick, ie. If it's marginally over the half way line i'd quite like to have my full back lump the ball into the box where it'll find one of my two centre backs.

Of course most set-piece issues would be resolved with a simple set-piece editor.

another one agreeing with fgu82.

one thing i would also like is to be able to try out your free kick/corner routeing,

it would be a option on the tactic or training screen so you can set up your orders then see your team practice them so you can fine tune them without having to play a real match.

is a good idea but i think is probably best implemented as having freekicks as registered as shooting opportunities or not for exapmple if you got an indirect freekick on the edge of the area you would rather have the ball layed off to someone who is a good freekick taker even if the original taker is not, im not doing a very good job of explaining myself here but, you would want the same person to eventually strike the IFK as to actually take the DFK, so you set the person you want to take the shot from the freekick if its in shooting range but if not you set the person you want to put the ball into the area.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yugular:

I would also like to set different kind of instructions for all players depending on where the freekick is given.

Good suggestion! Is there an official thread for suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good suggestion from the original poster and a good suggestion here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yugular:

I would also like to set different kind of instructions for all players depending on where the freekick is given.

Good suggestion! Is there an official thread for suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good suggestion from the original poster and a good suggestion here.

Archived