What is Mike Phelan Thinking seriously .. ?

Hes playing mind games. Manchester City feel asthough they are favourites for the league and then crumble under the pressure? Maybe im just trying to bail him out here. :)

I can't say anything based on these fixtures. If i was playing and had the feel of the leage after a season or so.. Right now looks like it's pretty much a 3-way dance.

City are banging them in as well .. Liverpool drew with everton .. i drew 3 - 3 with stoke :(

Gosh i dont get this lol ...

I just lost to tottenham 2 - 1 in the CC Final :(

and the table is like this :p

phelan5.jpg

City drew with Chelsea and Lost to Everton ..

Liverpool drew with Everton and Newcastle..

I beat Hull and drew with stoke ..

Liverpool vs City next :) .. i got Newcastle

He's weighed the effect of the positive reaction on your squad from saying that united will win vs the complacency / anxiety inducing reaction of the city players from saying that they'll win. They're both ways to get the same effect (you win the title) either through boosting your players or reducing the effectiveness of the city players. He obviously decided that building up their hopes was for the best.

He's weighed the effect of the positive reaction on your squad from saying that united will win vs the complacency / anxiety inducing reaction of the city players from saying that they'll win. They're both ways to get the same effect (you win the title) either through boosting your players or reducing the effectiveness of the city players. He obviously decided that building up their hopes was for the best.

lol They just beat Liverpool 3 - 2 ...

Just how are you knocking through games that fast? Is it me?! You've managed to polish off 5 matches in the last hour according to the forum post times and many more since you first posted at 7!

Obviously I'm just slow...

Just how are you knocking through games that fast? Is it me?! You've managed to polish off 5 matches in the last hour according to the forum post times and many more since you first posted at 7!

5 Matches is easy to do in anhour come on lol...

Probably the speed of his system. If hes got the speed, then the games going to fly through, cant wait for my new laptop to come in so i can appreciate the 3D ME.

I dont get that, even if true, assistant managers NEVER up there rivals unless they want the sack. Pat Rice (Arsenal) did it to me on the very first game of the season and said Man U would win the title..

Then immediately the team react badly..

Probably the speed of his system. If hes got the speed, then the games going to fly through, cant wait for my new laptop to come in so i can appreciate the 3D ME.

My pc is very fast but i do need to update my graphics card ...

:))

I dont get that, even if true, assistant managers NEVER up there rivals unless they want the sack. Pat Rice (Arsenal) did it to me on the very first game of the season and said Man U would win the title..

Then immediately the team react badly..

I am clearing out in the summer and i am going to get another assistant .. i dont need phelan doing the same thing at crucial times of the season .. i know people say you should not let assistants handle team talks .. It works sometimes if you get the right man ..

Looks like Phelan was correct, his mind game backfired!

I'll add my 2 cents to this...AssMan are useless at conferences. However doing it yourself will put you to sleep within a few months in gameplay time. Its the same questions time and again.

I think you'll find that most managers find press conferences mind numbing and they can tell the fans whats really on their mind because

a) upset the players

b) upset the fans

c) give the press all the ammunition

They have to roll out the PR crap everytime or they will have problems.

god he thinks city will win the league they have 2 games in hand thats why he thinks it.

Archived