Tottenham - Stadium Planning Permission.

Hi,

Im in Jun 2018 with Spurs, i have just reached the number 1 club ranking in the world. Have won the prem 5 times on the bounce and CL 3 times...

Except my stadium is stuck around 53 000 capacity. The board say that they cant get planning permission to expand? The last 3 or 4 years of asking has always resulted in this response. Has anyone had any success with getting more capacity for Spurs? If so, what year was that?

Right now as my wages are getting exceedingly high because of the better players im bringing in, i need a bigger stadium for revenue?

Spurs have had preliminary plans in real life for a 60 000 seater on its current location... (granted there is a long way to go before something actually gets done).

But as of now, i can see me being stuck at this 53 000 capacity for the future. Any help or suggestions / information would be greatly appreciated.

Cannot fathom why we have debt problems in the game but i believe it hasn't been looked at in 10.3. No idea why we have it in the first place, we are renowned for being one of the best run financial clubs in the country, and our net spend in 2 years in around £15mill, contrary to popular belief!

Cannot fathom why we have debt problems in the game but i believe it hasn't been looked at in 10.3. No idea why we have it in the first place, we are renowned for being one of the best run financial clubs in the country, and our net spend in 2 years in around £15mill, contrary to popular belief!

Your net spend last year and this is about £19.25 mill. But over the last five years, you've had a net spend of £96.75 mill, which is the fourth highest in the league. That can be only be funded by your sugar daddy owner Joe Lewis, which I'm not sure qualifies as 'well run'! ;)

Source: http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

Your net spend last year and this is about £19.25 mill. But over the last five years, you've had a net spend of £96.75 mill, which is the fourth highest in the league. That can be only be funded by your sugar daddy owner Joe Lewis, which I'm not sure qualifies as 'well run'! ;)

Source: http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

I don't think Tottenham have a sugar daddy in Joe Lewis - they made a £39 Mill profit 2 years ago. Their ground may be small(ish), but they have one of the best stadiums in the league for corporate facilities, and you can only be making money from your supporters when you have a season-ticket waiting list of 22,000.

I don't think they've been well-rum on the field (although maybe that's changing) because of the money they've spent, and the success they haven't yet had, but off the field - they know what they're doing.

I don't think Tottenham have a sugar daddy in Joe Lewis - they made a £39 Mill profit 2 years ago. Their ground may be small(ish), but they have one of the best stadiums in the league for corporate facilities, and you can only be making money from your supporters when you have a season-ticket waiting list of 22,000.

I don't think they've been well-rum on the field (although maybe that's changing) because of the money they've spent, and the success they haven't yet had, but off the field - they know what they're doing.

Yah they are one of the best run clubs in terms of finances in the world. They have spent quite a bit on transfers but all those players can be resold for a profit and have been. Thing is they like Arsenal keep their wages extremely low. Also the ticket prices for Spurs are one of the more expensive ones (its London afterall).

And no they don't have a sugar daddy.

The stadium issue. Spurs don't really need permission and if they do, they already have it which the game should reflect. The stadium is on the exact same ground, it literally is right next to the current stadium so they can get just build a new one. Again this is FM10 lack of realism. Spurs haven't built a stadium yet in RL because they want to a good amount of cash and not have a Emirates size debt.

It probably reflects that in the chairman's stats. But you this game needs to adjust it and make a stadium move sooner.

this is not a problem just for Spurs.

i play with Fenerbahce . our stadium capacity 55 000 . and even i win every trophies in the world. my stadium capacity just syats in 70 000. i can not upragede it anymore. i had a look to editor. and realised that there is a panel about attendance. maximum attendance is 70 000. so i think you shoul change it from editor.

Every stadium has a limit for expanding. Once it can't be expand, you will have to wait for a new stadium. As with Spurs case, it's unlikely they can have a new stadium without a new board takeover who will clear their debts 1st. They are losing too much money because of the bank interest.

Being well run and not having debt are two different things - and I'd say that you're pushing the limits of the definition of well run over the past three seasons in comparison to your historic model eg your wage bill has spiralled upwards at an astonishing rate in your pursuit of CL football. ;) Spurs debt was around £65 million at the end of the 2008 financial year. It's only going to have gone up in the 2009 financial year. Spurs finances are perfectly capable of servicing the debt they have in the game providing you don't push the envelope too much further in terms of player purchases and wages before the new stadium is built.

I decided to start a game with Spurs but done a bit of editing. I was led to believe the debts Spurs had were due to properties etc they have bought around their current Stadium to allow for the future real life plans.

As the new stadium isnt built into the game I decided why have the debt. I removed all debt apart from 11m to keep a bit of realism. I also reduced stadium expansion capacity so it could not be expanded to see if this helped with getting a new stadium. I have just finished my 3rd season winning the league for 1st time and FA Cup.

Just keep getting told that council wont let me expand but yet again for my third game ever Chelsea get their new Zola stadium. It must be built into the game is it?

so could we end up like pompey if these debts are accurate?

Harry screws every club he goes to but jumps ship just in time!!!

Bournemouth went into admin didnt they?

Hammers got relegated and got in a right financial mess later

Southampton got relegated and went into admin

Pompey are just about dead.

Spurs next...?

Being well run and not having debt are two different things - and I'd say that you're pushing the limits of the definition of well run over the past three seasons in comparison to your historic model eg your wage bill has spiralled upwards at an astonishing rate in your pursuit of CL football. ;) Spurs debt was around £65 million at the end of the 2008 financial year. It's only going to have gone up in the 2009 financial year. Spurs finances are perfectly capable of servicing the debt they have in the game providing you don't push the envelope too much further in terms of player purchases and wages before the new stadium is built.

Not true about the player wages at all- if you checked facts rather than made assumptions you would see that not only are our wages as a proportion of turnover a mere 46%, also that in the last financial report Spurs reduced operating costs across the board too, albeit mentioning that player wages went up slightly due to January player aquisitions.

Spurs are very well run- there is no doubt about this. Its why we have been in the Deloitte Top 20 consistently over the last 10 years even though we have never had Champions League football.

Regarding Debts- the debts are for our new training ground so are not going to have risen, and in 2009 were still £65m, as they are capital projects the debt has resulted in a rise in the assets of the company. You are making very incorrect assumptions.

http://ir2.flife.de/data/tottenham/igb_html/index.php?bericht_id=1000001〈=ENG

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/03/english-premier-league-debt

I am in my 5th season with spurs and had 2 expansions so won't get a new stadium yet but I'm always losing at least 2 million per month untill the season ends. This season I am in the champions laegue so hope to make money instead.

Not true about the player wages at all- if you checked facts rather than made assumptions you would see that not only are our wages as a proportion of turnover a mere 46%, also that in the last financial report Spurs reduced operating costs across the board too, albeit mentioning that player wages went up slightly due to January player aquisitions.

Those would be the financial reports released every year which show an increase from 33 million per year in 2005 to the 52.9 million reported in 2008? Of course as I'm not looking at the facts and making assumptions, I wouldn't know about that nor about the one-off factors which have influenced Spurs turnover and saw that wages to turnover suddenly plummet from a ratio of nearly 60% to down to 46% over the course of one summer...

Spurs are very well run- there is no doubt about this. Its why we have been in the Deloitte Top 20 consistently over the last 10 years even though we have never had Champions League football.

The Deloitte Top 20 is judged by revenue. You're a big London club in the Premier League. If you're not in the top 20 clubs in Europe for Europe for revenue then something would be seriously wrong - as in the Premier League not passing on your share of the tv money :D

Regarding Debts- the debts are for our new training ground so are not going to have risen, and in 2009 were still £65m, as they are capital projects the debt has resulted in a rise in the assets of the company. You are making very incorrect assumptions.

http://ir2.flife.de/data/tottenham/igb_html/index.php?bericht_id=1000001〈=ENG

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/03/english-premier-league-debt

Urgh. Interest bearing loans and overdrafts rose from 57.187m to 66.504m in that accounting period. So we're talking about a debt of 66.5m not 65. Mea culpa, I was 1.5m too low for that accounting period. Now is that debt going to be higher or lower when Spurs release their figures til June 10?

Btw I'd love to see the definition of intangible assets which allowed Spurs to double the value of theirs over the course of a season.. but I digress...

Sorry you were saying something about incorrect assumptions?

I got a 77000 all seater with spurs was finished in 2020, even was named after me.

The club had to take out a 200million pound loan, that with selling whiteheart lane at 145 million covered the cost. Even with the loand in 2023 and finally have finances of rich.

:) x

i play out of the hoddle stadium in 2019 :)

although i did welling>dons>leicester>morocco>valencia>england>mancity>brazil>spurs>england :p

so basicaly the ai got the stadium on their own - harry won the league in season 1, jewell won a few more after

Archived