Real Stadiums in FM 2011

What would be really nice in FM 2011 and will create an unmatchable experience for the player is to add real stadiums models in the game or leave it open for the modders to do it.

It would be unmatchable to have your promoted to play in such stadiums like San Siro or Bernabeu. It will add such realism to the game and it is quite suprising that in 2009 this has not been implemented yet.At least, add the models for 15-20 legendary stadiums in Europe

Are there any plans?

That would come down to licenses, which cost money. Also, I'd much prefer they made the 3d/animations beautiful before doing this.

I'd love to see it possible to import our own models though :thup:

That would be great. Specially when a new stadium is built.

I'd rather they'd just spen even more time tweaking the match engine until it is almost perfect before starting on the cosmetics, admittedly in the distant future it would be a good thing.

Just having the away fans in the right place would be a start

Wholeheartedly agree with this one, I know it is a really small thing, but having the away fans in the wrong place actually winds me up (I know I should get out more!)

Forget that, we need to zoom in on players to have a good look at bad decisions that the referee makes, and get lower tiers in the english league!

As, at times, the ME doesn't actually do what the commentators say is going on in the match, I don't think this would help anyone much...

• 5 months later...

It's probably not so easy to make 'real' stadiums (rights and such), but at least they could try to look at specific features of a stadium. Covered stands for example. I played with Sankt Pauli some seasons in FM10 and it seemed the stadium only consists of uncovered stands, which is false off course. It would improve my playing experience a lot if the stadium looks a bit like the real thing. Italian clubs with their crescent 'curva's' for example. Now every stadium is 'sqaure' but a lot of the real stadiums aren't. SI spends enormous effort on details as the real players at clubs, but seem to forget about how the stadium of a club looks.

Seems an easy step: stand = straight/curved/raised (ugly but it happens); seating = no/yes(colour), size = tiny/small/medium/large/huge; covering = no/standard/oldfashion (old asbestos roofs ie (gable's?))

It would also be nice if a stadium expension could involve just seating where there was terracing or covering where a stand was uncovered before, in that way the capacity won't change, or may be reduced even, but tickets could become more expensive so that revenue may rise. And if expensions/improvements could be done one stand at a time would be great also. For example increase the seating capacity behind a goal and cover the stand.

Now improvements may only be made if the stadium fills out everey week, but that doesn't seem nescessary to me. If there's money for improvements, why not improve. Although it's not a managrial task it would be nice if you have some kind of say in what stand will be improved/expanded and how.

As manager of Leeds at the moment, i would love a chance to see what my ground looks like, if not during the match then maybe before and after the match when you are getting ready to play the game, and post game. I know the problem about licencing which will mean it will probably never happen, but maybe some generic stands in the general shape of the ground your team playes in could be used, specially when it has been upgraded, so would look different to the actual real life stadium. I would be similar to some old Football Management games where you actually see a representation of your ground, even though it is not the acctual staduim.

Maybe even a feature to zoom out so you can see the game as it is being played, like you would from a blimp airship, so yo can actually se the staduim as well while the players are playing the match. I realize these things are probably classed as superficial, and possably not able to be implimented with the current ME, but it would be nice if they could be added in to a future edition on the game, once some of the more pressing things are sorted, when ever that will be.

England4Ever

I had no idea that stadiums were licenced. Even so I'd expect that to be restricted to the top teams as per the club badges. How much alike could SI push it to look like a ground before it's considered in breach of copyright? If/when different types of stand options come in, I'd expect the skinning forum to go into overdrive and someone will knock up a set of realistic grounds.

It would improve my playing experience a lot if the stadium looks a bit like the real thing. Italian clubs with their crescent 'curva's' for example. Now every stadium is 'sqaure' but a lot of the real stadiums aren't. SI spends enormous effort on details as the real players at clubs, but seem to forget about how the stadium of a club looks.

Seems an easy step: stand = straight/curved/raised (ugly but it happens); seating = no/yes(colour), size = tiny/small/medium/large/huge; covering = no/standard/oldfashion (old asbestos roofs ie (gable's?))

It would also be nice if a stadium expension could involve just seating where there was terracing or covering where a stand was uncovered before, in that way the capacity won't change, or may be reduced even, but tickets could become more expensive so that revenue may rise. And if expensions/improvements could be done one stand at a time would be great also. For example increase the seating capacity behind a goal and cover the stand.

Now improvements may only be made if the stadium fills out everey week, but that doesn't seem nescessary to me. If there's money for improvements, why not improve. Although it's not a managrial task it would be nice if you have some kind of say in what stand will be improved/expanded and how.

I agree with this as a good potential way forward although the arguement against is that we are moving out of manager and into chairman roles.

Takes me back to Ultimate Soccer Manager, now that was quality.

That would come down to licenses, which cost money. Also, I'd much prefer they made the 3d/animations beautiful before doing this.

I'd love to see it possible to import our own models though :thup:

Great idea!

Otherwise I too prefer SI's money not to be spent on real stadiums as the model used in FM at least resembles them quite a bit...

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with this as a good potential way forward although the arguement against is that we are moving out of manager and into chairman roles.

Takes me back to Ultimate Soccer Manager, now that was quality.

Good point, and good point. USM was brilliant, but deciding on the amount of programme stalls and burger bars is probably not a managers task. lol

Would be nice to be able to see your stadium though and get the feeling it's like the real thing, espacially when it's improved. A picture in the club-info page would be nice for example, but it should be more or less correct during matches aswell. In lower leagues most clubs only have a small covered shed as a stand on one side (like Watham Abbey FC that I used to manage), it would be nice if such things would be somewhat more like in real life in the game. Now every stadium has 4 pitch-wide sides of stands. Doesn't seem a lot of extra work for the developers to achieve that.. Or make it editable in the editor!

Archived