SI Games-Do you have a bias against Fulham FC?

I have nothing against the latest FM 2010, its fantastic and to be honest it gives a lot of realism to the tactical approach to club management.

However, as I have for the past few edition of FM, tried to manage my favourite Fulham FC. I do admit I am still unclear about the tactical requirements of late. But seriously, look at the CA and PA of some of the Fulham players. Its pathetic. Nothing like the side that can wallop United 3-0. Look at Chris Smalling's CA, something like 95-ish. I mean, come on, that's League 2 standards. Apart from one or two glaring errors, he makes almost no mistakes in every game he has played and showed fantastic composure against the much faster Agbonlahor. The majority of the first team is 130-ish, seriously that is about there for Newcastle United too. Another one I wish to highlight is Chris Baird. He has made the DMC spot like he was never a centerback.

I needed an anchorman, could not afford Diarra, but could not deploy Baird either, its really disappointing. Furthermore, Schwarzer is a fantastic 'keeper, definitely deserves more than his current CA. I can easily tune their CAs to what I think they deserve, but it won't feel authentic. Just voicing my opinions, please don't flame me. After all, I do think you guys have done a fantastic job. Cheers.

Fulham normally get relegated in my game from the premiership every 1st season so definately think the researcher has got their stats wrong.................maybe they are a Chelsea fan!!!!

I have nothing against the latest FM 2010, its fantastic and to be honest it gives a lot of realism to the tactical approach to club management.

However, as I have for the past few edition of FM, tried to manage my favourite Fulham FC. I do admit I am still unclear about the tactical requirements of late. But seriously, look at the CA and PA of some of the Fulham players. Its pathetic. Nothing like the side that can wallop United 3-0. Look at Chris Smalling's CA, something like 95-ish. I mean, come on, that's League 2 standards. Apart from one or two glaring errors, he makes almost no mistakes in every game he has played and showed fantastic composure against the much faster Agbonlahor. The majority of the first team is 130-ish, seriously that is about there for Newcastle United too. Another one I wish to highlight is Chris Baird. He has made the DMC spot like he was never a centerback.

I needed an anchorman, could not afford Diarra, but could not deploy Baird either, its really disappointing. Furthermore, Schwarzer is a fantastic 'keeper, definitely deserves more than his current CA. I can easily tune their CAs to what I think they deserve, but it won't feel authentic. Just voicing my opinions, please don't flame me. After all, I do think you guys have done a fantastic job. Cheers.

Not overrated at all IMO. What has Smalling ever done? A couple of good games and he's supposed to be a world beater? The majority of Fulhams players on a 130 CA seems about right to me. Like Birmingham they are massively overachieving based on team spirit and Roy Hodgsons very astute tactical knowledge.

There is nothing wrong with Fulham, in fact imo they are overrated this year. Look at this thread for proof. People are finishing in top 4 in their first season with Fulham.

Ridiculous to think anyone can finish in the top 4 with Fulham so soon after game start.

Edit: lol @ InterWolf :D

Poor Mick :(

• Administrators
Roy is the best. Take Roy away, and you have to be amazing to equal what he's doing. = difficult.

I'm sure that's why Wolves are so easy, if I randomly click buttons I can better big Mick.

This pretty much, but as someone said if you feel stuff is drastically wrong please post in he appropriate data forum. I'm sure Smalling probably will get some sort of boost with his CA/PA, as he's clearly proven himself a bit more this season.

And in regards to Wolves - just :D

Fulham are one of the very few bogey teams I have :( They almost every time seem to take points from me.

Johnson turns into a god against me :D

In my first FM10 save (Man City), I bought Johnson and let him rot in the reserves.. JUST so he couldn't score against me, was getting ridiculous!

why are people not using their brains?

what did smalling do , at all before the last month or two?

nothing... have you had an update since he got recognition? no...

murphy runs the midfield in game just like irl..

dempsey is awesome and two footed

hangeland is one of the best cb's in the prem in game.

and simon davies is just as good as he is irl...

summary: im failing to see anything wrong with the data

in my game fulham got relegated in the 1st season and have been bottom half of the championship every season since. im sure they are a bit under rated if anything

Same in mine... Then Freddie Ljungberg left my coaching staff to go and manage them... So I asked for them to be my feeder team, the board accepted, and now with all my good youth prospects on loan they're starting to climb the table.

On the subject of Smalling, Fulham fans are in a catch 22. As any data update would see an improvement in his CA and attributes, but will have to deal with him leaving for Man Utd at the end of the season.

why are people not using their brains?

what did smalling do , at all before the last month or two?

nothing... have you had an update since he got recognition? no...

murphy runs the midfield in game just like irl..

dempsey is awesome and two footed

hangeland is one of the best cb's in the prem in game.

and simon davies is just as good as he is irl...

summary: im failing to see anything wrong with the data

Other than brains, you obviously lack net etiquette. I don't think I offended you so you don't have to be that rude.

If you were in my place you will know how I feel when Murphy roll a freekick to a teammate (Pantsil) like 3 yards away and the solitary Bolton man-wall intercepted it and take the ball 30 yards like how Nani did against Arsenal and scores a Rooney goal. LIKE WTF seriously? This has surely got nothing to do with tactical choice isn't it? Tell me and teach me which tactic can prevent your player from giving away a free ball from a free kick when it is the playmaker ROLLING a ball to a pal like 3 yards away.

Trust me, Danny Murphy would be jumping up and down in fury to see that. :D

Oh yea. About Smalling, that is my mistake as I have been blinded by my fury with my favourite club being underrated. Seriously I dont expect this 130-ish team to be beating roma in Europa.

But on the topic of whether Smalling had done anything before the update was out. I am on 10.2 and why the hell is Baird not a DMC when he is anchoring the midfield for Fulham?

smalling was playing non league for maidstone 18 months ago. he went to fulham and played mostly in the reserves until recently. Do you seriously expect the fulham researcher to have any clue on this players PA by watching a few reserve games. I dont think he started playing a few first team games until after 10.2 was released. He may get a slight increase for 10.3 maybe to about 120 in light of his recent performances and future transfer but we'll have to see how he goes at Man Utd before you can really judge his potential.

Oh yea. About Smalling, that is my mistake as I have been blinded by my fury with my favourite club being underrated. Seriously I dont expect this 130-ish team to be beating roma in Europa.

But on the topic of whether Smalling had done anything before the update was out. I am on 10.2 and why the hell is Baird not a DMC when he is anchoring the midfield for Fulham?

On Danny Murphy - he is a big fish in a very small pond but he is still absolutely rubbish, he can only play well against ManU.

As for the 130 ca thing, as mentioned above by me and others, all your 'success' with this squad is entirely down to Hodgson, the players are still very average. Honestly which Fulham players would get into any top 6 clubs 1st team? Hangeland at a push and as I recall his attributes are pretty much bang on. Smalling issue has been dealt with already so I won't go over it again.

• Administrators
I am on 10.2 and why the hell is Baird not a DMC when he is anchoring the midfield for Fulham?

Because there has been no proper update since 10.0. Before this season he'd only ever played there once or twice, and was mainly known as a full back. Apologies for not predicting what mighty Roy is going to do months in advance!

Because there has been no proper update since 10.0. Before this season he'd only ever played there once or twice, and was mainly known as a full back. Apologies for not predicting what mighty Roy is going to do months in advance!

mmmmmmmm sarcasm. well done. not sure you should be inciting reactions do you?

People people people!!!

Believe it or not its only a game, hopefully the 10.3 Patch will update relevant areas to give a more realistic view of Fulham and its players.

Personally I do feel that Fulham are under rated on the game due to them always getting relegated 1st season in every game I have started (only started about 3 new games) however the players are not always going to be 100% up to date due to data updates not taking place (predominantly) until the 3rd patch.

This is not a criticism just an idea.

People have said the Fulham team is correct and the position they are in now is down to Roy Hodgson and what a great manager he is. Im not desputing that as i find that spot on. But as a manager in the game, can you not be as good or even better than Roy is?

What i mean is, is it actually possible for a player to replicate or even better the achievements of the real Fulham team given that stats that these players have in the game?

If Roy Hodgson can get Fulham into Europe and keep them there abouts in the league then surely it must be possible in the game for the same crop of players to do it. But judging by peoples reactions and how the in game Fulham team (when managed by Hodgson) perform, it would suggest that the players are quite a way off what they should be to reflect their position in the league.

I hope that made sense

• Administrators
i never said that did I? but he really should know better

Please don't assume about what I should or shouldn't know, it really does make an ass out of you and me. And if you can't see a tongue in cheek comment when you read it, well...meh.

Please don't assume about what I should or shouldn't know, it really does make an ass out of you and me. And if you can't see a tongue in cheek comment when you read it, well...meh.

correct me if im wrong but are you not a moderator? Or have something to do with that area? Making a sarcastic comment like the one you made causes people to react in the wrong way. Then infractions start to be handed out. So im not the one making an ass out of myself (as you put it) am I?

I received an infraction for reacting to the type of comment you made so its completely out of order when a mod thinks he can do it and get away with it.

maybe another mod should look at your comment and give you a warning as to your future conduct :eek:

correct me if im wrong but are you not a moderator? Or have something to do with that area? Making a sarcastic comment like the one you made causes people to react in the wrong way. Then infractions start to be handed out. So im not the one making an ass out of myself (as you put it) am I?

I received an infraction for reacting to the type of comment you made so its completely out of order when a mod thinks he can do it and get away with it.

maybe another mod should look at your comment and give you a warning as to your future conduct :eek:

You kind of are, for being so overly offended at a bit of sarcasm.

T and C's should have a warning saying "Those with little to no sense of humour are advised against registering":rolleyes:

Give over StevoRobbo, for goodness sake! :D

i will do. just making a point that all. Somebody has got to. Mods are quick to jump on peoples backs but expect it to pass everyone by as harmless fun when they do it themselves just because they add a little face at the end or know how to explain their way out of it

Archived