Which is the best version? 8.00, 8.01b, 8.01, or 8.02?

Guest finch_jr

Guest finch_jr

After all the fuss and some people saying this and others that, I'd like to know which version you guys prefer and why. which do you reckon is the most playable and rewarding?

Guest finch_jr

After all the fuss and some people saying this and others that, I'd like to know which version you guys prefer and why. which do you reckon is the most playable and rewarding?

I liked 8.0.1, I never had any problems with registration or anything so I was happy with it. Only problems were near post corners and too many chances, TBH i've installed 8.0.2 and still creating loads of chances and scoring from far too many corners. I'll probably stick with 8.0.1.

I enjoyed the game with the beta patches, although spanish registration bug, unrealistic board confidence and poor regens gave me some misgivings, but not enough to stop me from playing and enjoying it.

But I gave up in a frustrated hump after trying 8.01 for an evening - the number of one on ones that ended up in a pass back to the keeper drove me to stop playing and I went back to FM 2007.

But tried 8.02 and am liking it a lot. Match engine is excellent, havent experienced problems with corners or high scores like other people have. In fact, I scored 1 goal only in my first four games! But team is ticking along nicely now. Feels responsive to tactics and nothing seems jarringly unrealistic. Hopefully the board wont get too distressed when I fail to live up to their unrealistic expectations (as a minimum reach every cup final!), and the regens are a bit better.

If they dont, then 8.02 for me by a mile.

I like 8.02 best, brought back the excitment for me.

As for the corner "issues", I cannot for the love of me get my team to score from corners.

I have tried to use the "exploits" but to no avail... icon_frown.gif

That said 8.02 so far so good icon14.gif

8.0.2 - unless you're a pompey fan lol

It has fixed the vast majority of problems with 8.0.1. I've had no problems scoring too many, no problems scoring too few (if i dominate a game i generally win) and no problems scoring too many corners.

I suspect a lot of the problems listed are merely people looking for things to moan about. It still has issues (board confidence!) but it is now perfectly playable.

You can't install 8.0.1 again unless you unistall fm altogether. The problem is, if you've saved your game under 8.0.2 it won't work under 01. You'll have to start again.

Whish I hadn't saved my 5 season game. 8.0.2 has completely ruined the game for me. A corner might as well be a penalty. I've played about 10 games, scored about 40 goals and about 20 of those have come from corners. It was a real challenge under 8.0.1 with a really good tactic needed to score goals and keep clean sheets. It's just far too easy now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NJC71:

Whish I hadn't saved my 5 season game. 8.0.2 has completely ruined the game for me. A corner might as well be a penalty. I've played about 10 games, scored about 40 goals and about 20 of those have come from corners. It was a real challenge under 8.0.1 with a really good tactic needed to score goals and keep clean sheets. It's just far too easy now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's very easy to avoid - just stop moaning and instead of spending 30 seconds posting tripe here, spend half that time making sure no-one is set to "challenge GK" and presto, problem solved.

Archived