best formation?

I have that setup and its working fine for me. Im at Liverpool playing normal CB defenders, 2 wingbacks on auto, defensive mid on defend, 2 playmakers one on support other on attack, 2 inside forwards on attack and torres playing complete forward with attack. I did have both playmakers set on support but it just wasnt working so i put one on attack and other support.

I am manage Arsenal as well i use 4-5-1 formation and it working well for me and won treble and van persie is my top scorer with 63 in 57 games in first season.

i set my two full back with auto roles, dmc with anchor roles and cm one with playermakers with attacking roles for Fabregas and other box to box midfielder support and two attacking winger with cut in roles and striker depend on who play there i use complete forward for van persie and also set him as target man with ball to feet. it is working well for me

I play a 4-2-2-2

______________________________GK____________________________

RB________________________CB____________CB_________________LB

__________________________DM____________DM__________________

RW__________________________________________________________LW

__________________________ST_____________ST

I play a 4-2-2-2

______________________________GK____________________________

RB________________________CB____________CB_________________LB

__________________________DM____________DM__________________

RW__________________________________________________________LW

__________________________ST_____________ST

yh im thinking about this 1. it seems every formation needs at least 1 CDM, 4222 works good on fifa so why not fm10 lool

Are you having trouble scoring, or are you giving up too many goals?

I'm using a 4-4-2 in the classic style, with DC's set to purely defensive, DR/L set to one notch before "normal" (still "defensive" in other words) with the occasional run forward, and one midfielder barrows back on defense (settings are similar to the outside backs, but has free reign to close down anyone in his area.) The other midfielder has some creative freedom (but not a free role) and is mainly used for setting up through balls. The outside midfielders are generally used to get the ball forward with the occasional cross thrown in, while my forwards are expected to run with the ball. Typically, I see the ball played into the forwards and, while they have the ball, the wingers push forward to provide pressure, so I can often have 4 or 5 players lurking around the box at any given time on offense.

4-2-3-1 has been good at Arsenal for me on FM2010.

I usually try to play a system like this with any team I manage. I like to have 5 in midfield, but while I would like to get 2 strikers, I really found this was not necessary most of the time.

I had great success on FM08 using a diamond in midfield. 2 CB, 2 WB, 1 DMC, 2 MC, 1 AMC, and 2 FC. Had arrows pointing forward for the WB to AM. Worked very well with...someone...might have been Roma when I came up with it...also worked extremely well as AC Milan and Inter Milan...and surprisingly as the Czech Republic, who I got to the Semi Finals of the World Cup and stole 3rd place beating I think it was Germany in the Man Utd - Bayern style...was losing 1-0 for most of the match and scored 2 goals right in injury time :)

4-3-1-2

FBR & FBL auto

both DC defend

MCl & MCr box-to-box

MCc ball-winning

AMC trequertista

FCl poacher

FCr complete forward

with the formation i managed to get Alcorcon promoted and win spain league 2B on the 1st season, get Athletic finished 5 (Liga BBVA) in the 2nd season. maybe the result wasn't that awesome, but for me it's great since as Alcorcon and Athletic I only bring decent cheap players (value less than 500K pounds).

I'm doing fairly well with Arsenal using a classic 4 4 2

full backs set to auto

centre backs set to cover

wide midfielders set as wingers

one box to box midfielder (support)

one advanced playmaker (attack)

one complete forward (support)

one advanced forward (attack)

Luis Robles..

Christian Pander.....Jose Goncalves.....Ron Vlaar.....Andreas Gorlitz

Full Back(A)............Limited Defender©.....Limited Defender(D).....Full Back(A)

Lars Bender

Anchor Man(D)

.....Andreas Ivanschitz..................................................................................Maxym Kalinichenko

.......Wide Midfielder(A)...........................................................................................Wide Midfielder(S)

Ronaldinho

Advanced Playmaker(S)

Marius Niculae.....Javier Saviola

Advanced Forward(A)........Trequarista(S).....

in my Jena side

I also play 4-4-2 and 4-5-1

I wonder if anyone actually changes the setting for their GK. Sweeper keepers. :cool:

I read on here somewhere it dramatically reduces one on ones. Goalie rushes out and clears thro ball. Haven't tried it yet tho'.

Am using 4-4-2 diamond and having good success with it so far certainly in lower leagues.

With thanks to Deisler26 for the template:

Julio Cesar

Andrea Esposito.....Mahmadou Sahko

..Defender(D)....................Defender(D)...

Maicon/Jose(regen)...................Esteban Cambiasso.....................Mohamadou Dabo

..... Wing Back (A).................................Defensive Midfielder(D) .............................Wing Back (A).....

.....Cesc Fabregas..........Sulley Muntari.....

Deep-Lying Playmaker (S).....Ball Winning Midfielder (S)

.................................................................................

Yoann Gourcuff

Attacking Midfielder(A)

Sergio Aguero.....Mario Balotelli

Complete Forward(A)........Poacher (A).....

Inter Milan - 2013

The roles are experimental at the moment as Fabregas just joined. Previously Sneijder was in his place as a box-to-box.

I like to play pretty offensive so 3 CD - 1 DM - 2 CM - 2 AM (L+R) - 2 (SC).

The "wingers" act very offensively and sending lots of crosses in. The defenders and the defensive mid are mainly focused on defending and relaunching the attacks.

4-4-1-1 like so:

_______________GK_______________

DR(s)____CB(d)_____CB(d)_____DL(s)

MR(s)____CM(d)____CM(s)_____ML(s)

______________AMC(a)____________

_______________ST(a)_____________

The instructions are as follows:

GK: Automatic

Fullbacks: Full back

RCB: Limited defender

LCB: Ball playing defender

Wingers: Wide midfielder

CMd: Ball winning midfielder

CM: Central midfielder

AMC: Advanced playmaker

ST: Deep lying forward

4-4-2

_______________GK_______________

FB(s)____LD(d)_____LD(d)_____FB(s)

W(A)__DLP(S)__CM(s)___BW(D)_____

__________________DLF(S)________

__________AF(a)_________________

With my Hercules team

I try not to. GK seems to be my weakest position.

I do.

GK= Sweeper Keeper Attack

RB= Wing Back Attack

LB=Wing Back Attack

CB=Ball Playing Defender Stopper

CB=Limited Defender Cover

DM=Anchor Man Defend

DM=Defensive Midfielder Defend

RW=Winger Attack

LW=Winger Attack

ST=Target Man Attack

ST=Poacher Attack

Also have my RW and Lw alternately changing With The Mighty Glasgow Celtic

Scoring so many goals it is unreal.

Top by 10 points Scottish Cup Quarters Euro Cup Quarters and Won the League Cup

In the Scottish Cup and Euro Cup I am playing Ranges in the next round

I'm currently unbeaten in 16 and have won my last 11.

I'm playing a simple 4-4-2.

The roles in FM10 really work for me.

At home I play with 4 "support" role players (LB, RB, ball-winning/deep lying cm, and a complete forward) and 4 "attack" role players (RM winger, LM winger, advanced playmaker, trequarista), with only the two CBs as full time defenders (one "cover" and one "stopper").

Away from home, I still use 4 "support" players (LB, RB, advanced playmaker, and complete forward), but I shift one attaking role to a defending role. So, I use my CBs and my deep-lying/ball-winning CM for defensive duties and use my LM winger, RM winger, and trequarista for attacking roles. I usually play a "balanced/attacking" setup at home.

As long as I play my stopper behind my advanced playmaker and my advanced playmaker behind my complete forward (this means I also have my covering CB behind my deep-lying/ball-winning CM, who is behind my trequarista) I have had magical results. Usually this is in a "balanced/control" framework.

The beauty of this, it seems, is that my stopper ends up playing basically around my deeper CM and my attacking playmaker ends up next to the trequarista in support of my complete forward.

I tend to push the d-line up the pitch a bit, always have the "work the ball in to the box" shout on, and usually play fairly direct.

That's it. The complimentary selection and utilization of the tactical player roles seem to be the key for me. Goals galore. Not too much leakage at the back.

My proudest (or at least most exciting) moment in FM10 so far has been going ahead by two early at Liverpool, only to concede a first half Torres hat trick. Second half was all me. Adebayor collecting two to win at Anfield. Sublime!

Anyway, this setup is simple, intuitive and effective.

_______________________Given________________________________

_____________________GK(defend)_____________________________

_____Maicon______Toure____________Lescott_______Bridge (for now)

____RB(support)__CB(stopper)_______CB(cover)______LB(support)___

_____SWP_______Ireland______________Barry_________Robinho____

RM(winger)_CM(adv playmkr)__CM(deep-lyng/ball-winning)_LM(winger)

_________________Adebayor___________Tevez___________________

_______________S(complete fwd)_____S(trequarista)______________

Archived