Anyone ever get revenge on a player for something done in a previous version of FM?

Has anyone ever destroyed a guy's career in one version of FM because of something the player did in a previous version? In FM07, Carlos Tevez was playing great for me in a 4-3-3 offense where he played just behind two central strikers at Villa. He had three years left on his contract, but started asking for a raise. I knew that giving him one with that much time left was a mistake and would lead to unhappy players if I gave it to him and rejected their requests. He then requested a transfer and began to be awful. I fined him for whining to the press and he again mouthed off so I fined him. I then benched him and things got uglier. I rejected a transfer offer, he got more upset, I fined him again. My board then overruled me and sold him without my consent. While I reconfigured my team to a 4-4-2, my team stumbled out of first before regrouping and winning the CL, though we lost the title because of the slump the Tevez saga caused.

Anyhow last year, I took over Real Madrid and decided to get revenge on Tevez since he was available on a free midway through the first year. I signed him to a five-year deal and he joined me for season two ready to showcase himself for the 2010 World Cup team. I immediately moved him to the youth team where he was ineligible to play and let him rot for the full five years even after he repeatedly requested transfers and the fans had said they didn't understand why he didn't play when I initially bought him. Offers were made for him, but rejected. Since it was Real, the board never overruled my decision.

He was dropped from Argentina (though it took until just before WC for him to be dropped) and his skills fell off. By the time he could leave, he was washed-up and went back to Argentina to play. Was this a waste of Real's money? Yes, but just salary and not a transfer fee. Did a few players feel it was uncalled for? Absolutely, but they got over it. Was it childish and stupid? You bet, but man it felt good to get a receipt on him from FM07. No idea why, but it did -- everytime I'd get upset in the game, I'd go to the youth team, look at Carlos' ugly mug and see he was upset and hated me and it made me laugh.

you're actually my hero for doing that

especially for waiting so long

Thanks. I almost caved and played him in my second and third seasons when I hit a slump and an injury crisis, but held firm and played Robben at striker. I also tried to sign him again when his contract was expiring, but he refused. I then gave him another really low offer -- backup at €170/week to make him even more upset before he left for Boca Juniors. Great fun.

True, hopefully SI don't add a court feature -- I'd like to continue seeking revenge in FM for years to come. Didn't even think to restrict him from training! I would like to do this to a player in FM10, would be loads of fun during the press conference when you say you expect him to not contribute, not be a starter, and he won't work out. I would love to see the message saying "Tevez confused by manager's comments" or something. I may need to pick Carlito up again and make his life hell again just for the press conference and no training aspect!

on FM08 I lost to Man u in the CL Final after being 4-0 up at half time. Then in FM09 i got really annoyed when they done it again so i took them over and gave loads of players the highest wage possible and bought useless players for £50M was sad yes.

Liverpool fans annoy me, so each season i make sure there team goes into administration or relagated

Do you take them over and make them crash and burn or use editor? I was tempted to turn off Man City's sugar daddy option, but decided against it since they never win on my games, just finish 3-4 at best.

not a player to me but a team. internazionale. once they become so dominated (got a double) i take over them, sold their stars, buy unimportant players with high price, giving them key player role and maksimum wage. in previous FM version i managed to get them bancrupt and relegated.

It was FMH09. I had a succesful time managing Bristol City and got them to the prem. Liverpool offered me the job, even know i hate liverpool i decided to except. 6 months later I was in 6th position and there were talks of me getting sacked. So i did what anyone would Have done.... I released Gerrard and Torres on a Free. Gerrard went to Bolton and then joined Norwich in the Championship. Torres joined Pompy and after two very succesful years He joined Inter. I was always on there disliked list

I always remember most was Romaric of Le mans (may no longer be there) in 2007. I signed him for my Rangers side second season we where doing well both financially and on the pitch. Having won the treble the season before and making the last 4 of the UEFA cup.

Romaric added this little spice of flair to my team and added a well needed free-kick taker (free-kick goals increased 200%). I had paid £5M for him and first season showed worthwhile. Next season the form got even better. Id overhauled my midfield during that summer only Ferguson and Romaric remained at the club. January comes. £6M come in from Blackburn mid table in the premiership and badly needing something to liven their season up. I reject. He complains and i realise he only has 18months left on his contract. He settles again and Blackburn go down.

So following that no problem and id made my best European performance last 8 of the CL. Unfortunetly only the league domestically. I offer him a new contract he rejects because ive mistreated him in the past. Blackburn bid £6.5M and newly promoted Bradford matched the bet. I reluctantly accepted both offers on the basis of his contract. He turned Bradford with a few other quality signings by their manager into a very good side. The next season i met Bradford the the UEFA cup. Id lost a number of players due to age and the Romaric situation as a result the club was re-building and going in the correct direction and the UEFA cup last 8. Romaric scored a hat trick in Bradford and then a double in Glasgow to make me lose 5-4 on aggregate.

So on 08. I take over Rangers. Romaric signs on a 5 year deal vowing to show the fans "real football" well he showed the reserve league some football. He was on light training so was never fully fit however. the idiot re-signed for a further 2 years on minimal wages. After two years i let him go. He went to Division One Gretna and was never heard of again.

i've had my revenge on just one player. first time i started fm09 i picked man city. i started as a newbie so my reputation was at novice levels. however in my first season i used a couple of tactics from this forum and we finished a respectable 4th.

however, all through the season, shay given had a fairly poor opinion of me, even though he played in every single game and i praised him on many times for his performances. even at the end of the season he still had a poor opinion of me, so i thought 'right, stuff you pal', and i bought akinfeev as my new no. 1 goalie and i stuck given in the reserves - for the rest of his contract. he never played in the first team again, i fined him every time he whinged to the press and i critised his performances in the reserve team. his stats plummeted and his morale was rock bottom. sweeeeeeeet!!!!!

childish? yes.

petty minded? you bet,

but goddamn it felt good.

revenge was mine;)

You mean celebrating when he scores?

I think he was refering to the act of gross misconduct and 2 counts of violent conduct in the one match Man City have played Arsenal in this season so far.

Didn't realise he was a stamp collector before that...

Anyway I still fancy our u18's to do City in the League Cup.

Can't say I've ever been tempted to take revenge on clubs or players though, but some of these posts are quality! :D

I always remember most was Romaric of Le mans (may no longer be there) in 2007. I signed him for my Rangers side second season we where doing well both financially and on the pitch. Having won the treble the season before and making the last 4 of the UEFA cup.

Romaric added this little spice of flair to my team and added a well needed free-kick taker (free-kick goals increased 200%). I had paid £5M for him and first season showed worthwhile. Next season the form got even better. Id overhauled my midfield during that summer only Ferguson and Romaric remained at the club. January comes. £6M come in from Blackburn mid table in the premiership and badly needing something to liven their season up. I reject. He complains and i realise he only has 18months left on his contract. He settles again and Blackburn go down.

So following that no problem and id made my best European performance last 8 of the CL. Unfortunetly only the league domestically. I offer him a new contract he rejects because ive mistreated him in the past. Blackburn bid £6.5M and newly promoted Bradford matched the bet. I reluctantly accepted both offers on the basis of his contract. He turned Bradford with a few other quality signings by their manager into a very good side. The next season i met Bradford the the UEFA cup. Id lost a number of players due to age and the Romaric situation as a result the club was re-building and going in the correct direction and the UEFA cup last 8. Romaric scored a hat trick in Bradford and then a double in Glasgow to make me lose 5-4 on aggregate.

So on 08. I take over Rangers. Romaric signs on a 5 year deal vowing to show the fans "real football" well he showed the reserve league some football. He was on light training so was never fully fit however. the idiot re-signed for a further 2 years on minimal wages. After two years i let him go. He went to Division One Gretna and was never heard of again.

Nice! It's funny because I remain loyal to a few players over the years -- Riquelme for one. I always seemed to pick him up for years and then in FM09, he turned on me because there was too much competition for a place. He sulked and form dropped, then he did lose his place and finally put in a transfer request. Haven't picked him up in 10 and don't plan to, but won't attack him either.

Not so much about revenge, but I do have a vendetta against a certain gelled, tumbling, winker - you may know him.

I've never signed him, never attempted to sign him and never managed a team that he's in. That said, I've no temptation to manage Real on this one as I don't feel they deserve my talent after the way they've treated Sneijder, Robben, van der Vaart, and Ruud Van Nistlerooy - it's appauling.

Not so much about revenge, but I do have a vendetta against a certain gelled, tumbling, winker - you may know him.

I've never signed him, never attempted to sign him and never managed a team that he's in. That said, I've no temptation to manage Real on this one as I don't feel they deserve my talent after the way they've treated Sneijder, Robben, van der Vaart, and Ruud Van Nistlerooy - it's appauling.

I saw Real play during their pre-season tour and Sneijder and Robben were BY FAR their best players. Why dump players of that quality when they want to stay. Sneijder said he would be happy to play back-up, etc. So nutty. I'm not a big fan of VDV, but never should've gone to Real. It was an impulse buy with no thought behind it. In the right system is good and when you don't have the coach or board behind you and the fans single you out...rough times. However, RVN is much better than Raul. If he's healthy and plays, goals follow. Simple as that. Whoever gets Ruud will benefit greatly in January.

I saw Real play during their pre-season tour and Sneijder and Robben were BY FAR their best players. Why dump players of that quality when they want to stay. Sneijder said he would be happy to play back-up, etc. So nutty. I'm not a big fan of VDV, but never should've gone to Real. It was an impulse buy with no thought behind it. In the right system is good and when you don't have the coach or board behind you and the fans single you out...rough times. However, RVN is much better than Raul. If he's healthy and plays, goals follow. Simple as that. Whoever gets Ruud will benefit greatly in January.

Agreed, although I do rate VdV personally...

But I shall be exacting my revenge (of sorts) on Real by refusing to manage them.

Agreed, although I do rate VdV personally...

But I shall be exacting my revenge (of sorts) on Real by refusing to manage them.

Lol -- playing with Real in past years was pretty easy because you could get just about anyone and got tons of cash, top facilities, etc. Now this year I think would be too easy. Man City at least would have the challenge of winning first Prem title ever, first CL title, and first top division title in years and the board I imagine would be pleased or thrilled with each. But Real? They didn't seem to even be happy with any titles I won them. At least they put my young players up for sale cheap for me to snag on my next job...suckers.

I have a training schedule which is basically maximum aerobic, strength and goalkeeping training called "Maybury", named after former Leicester City player Alan Maybury who was the first player to go on it. My reason for punishing him was because of his dreadful performances when I was promoted to the Premiership.

Several other players have gone on since then, normally when they sign a pre-contract agreement with another club, so they can get injured before they go.

I have a training schedule which is basically maximum aerobic, strength and goalkeeping training called "Maybury", named after former Leicester City player Alan Maybury who was the first player to go on it. My reason for punishing him was because of his dreadful performances when I was promoted to the Premiership.

Several other players have gone on since then, normally when they sign a pre-contract agreement with another club, so they can get injured before they go.

I tried to get Stewart Downing injured when I had Villa in FM08 (ironic since he is now there) and he forced his way out to Chelsea. I played him in the reserves with high aerobics training, but wound up with injuries and then needed him just a few days before he left. Most guys are awful in that situation, but Downing won us the match. Felt a bit bad for doing that after that!

Hahaha this thread should be my second home.

In real life Im an Inter fan, and Im not sure if you know the story between Inter and Valencia in the CL 3(?) years back, when there was a big brawl after the final whistle and a Valencia player called David Navarro run from the bench onto the pitch and suckerpunched Inters Burdissio and then ran away. Plenty of red cards and suspensions were handed out, and Navarro got a 6 months susp.

So, you might think justice had been done right?

Think again.

Navarro is a pretty average player, hes 29 when u start a game on fm10. EVERY time a start a save with a big team I aquire his services, often as a key player (u get him for around 2-3 mill punds), sign him for maximum length possible, and then make a own training sched. just for him. With only goalkeeping training. I then fine him something like every other month, never play him, not even as sub. When he complains to the media I tell him to train harder and earn a place (we all know that wont happen).

Im pretty sure this petty behavior from my side has cost me alot in forms of success and team harmony, but it sure feels good.

When i first started playing this FM2009, i started by managing my home town Derby County. Four years into the game and i lost the playoffs twice and missed them twice. Then my luck was about to change. When what i thought at the time would be the messiah. The coaches said hes "Best player of his generation" His position was MC He had amazing passing for a Regen. His name was Craig Clarkson. I was amazed. i thought i just found my next player maker and a player i could build my team around for years to come. I was so amazed i showed my girlfriend...(No joke)...Well first i decided to get a good training because i realized my training schedule sucked (tug^_^). I even signed a player so he could tutor him. Upgraded all my coaches to the best we could afford..Well 2 years into it, the boy turned 17...It felt like this was my son....ready to step on the stage and lead derby back to the premiership and one day to glory...He makes a impact in his first match. A pass which leads to a goal. I win the match. Now i thought. Do i want to play his every game so he develops or shall i just slowly sub him in each game. I decided to slowly sub him in each match. My first seasons with the Craig turns out good, He makes 12 appearances (11 subs) 4 assists 1 Goal , 7.11 rating. I was dreaming during the pre-season, I was thinking this boy can play already i cant wait till hes 20. So i decide to scout the summer for players to suit him.. to play around him. I even made a tactic so he could maximize his play making just when he plays. Another season goes by. The boy is a beast..24 appearances(12 subs) 13 assists 5 goals, 7.94 rating. Injury's to my star strikers falters my playoff chances. Third season I believe its time for Craig to play every match, The boy is almost coming of age. OH CRAP HIS CONTRACT EXPIRING IN 3 MONTHS. i RUSH to offer him the best contract my team can afford, Key player highest wages at the club, Most goals Most Everything, I offer him everything he wants + 500% more.

Craig Clarkson has signed for Blackburn FC

He rejected a offer from Derby FC ....

At this point i was rushing to check when i last saved the game. Lucky for me i thought...I have a save just a few weeks back. I reloaded..

He rejected a offer from Derby fc

At this point i actually cried, I felt like my son just stabbed me in the back. The grief....then came the anger, I realized, screw derby i need to get the Blackburn job!, I wait and wait until i get my reputation high enough..2 years goes by..Blackburn do not sack there bloody Manager!!! Whats this..A offer from the scouse! The scum! i cant take the job! i cant!. I decide to take the scouse job.. Transfer budget 33Million. I sell half the Liverpool team, I make a budget of 77million. I put in a bid for former apprentice Mr Craig Clarkson...

"Fans welcome exciting new signing Clarkson".... I offer him maximum wages everything 5 years contract, Hes stuck with me. I put him in the under 18's. Hes not bothered, wtf? he does not complain . Ok time to change that, I fine him over and over and over until he begs for a transfer. After 3 years of Destroying Liverpool and Destroying the player i came to hate. I got sacked. Clarkson recently sold by Liverpool for 770k to Blackpool FC. 0 match's in 3 years, Injury every month. Was it wrong? yes, Was it evil? yes. Did i regret wasting so many hours and days doing this? NO, And I'll happily doing it again in FM2010 if anyone betrays me again

I remember a certain Hungarian young goalie that I signed on FM08. He had amazing stats and was willing to come to a lower league club.

He was the whiniest son of a bi*ch I've ever come across. Cause endless problems with team morale. Even though he was a great performer for my team (at least a 7.5 rating in every game), I had to let him go because he was such a disruption.

The parting wasn't amicable, and since then I've always slagged him off in the press on new FM releases.

Nuts, I know, but very satisfying :D

Originally Posted by Misodoctakleidist viewpost.gif

You mean celebrating when he scores?

I think he was refering to the act of gross misconduct and 2 counts of violent conduct in the one match Man City have played Arsenal in this season so far.

Yea, what gunner86 said.

Never rated him anyway, if it wasnt for Arsenal no one would have ever heard of him anyway. Just total disrespect towards a club he should be thankful for ever having played for. He has no class and revenge will be mine, Muahahahah!!!!

When i first started playing this FM2009, i started by managing my home town Derby County. Four years into the game and i lost the playoffs twice and missed them twice. Then my luck was about to change. When what i thought at the time would be the messiah. The coaches said hes "Best player of his generation" His position was MC He had amazing passing for a Regen. His name was Craig Clarkson. I was amazed. i thought i just found my next player maker and a player i could build my team around for years to come. I was so amazed i showed my girlfriend...(No joke)...Well first i decided to get a good training because i realized my training schedule sucked (tug^_^). I even signed a player so he could tutor him. Upgraded all my coaches to the best we could afford..Well 2 years into it, the boy turned 17...It felt like this was my son....ready to step on the stage and lead derby back to the premiership and one day to glory...He makes a impact in his first match. A pass which leads to a goal. I win the match. Now i thought. Do i want to play his every game so he develops or shall i just slowly sub him in each game. I decided to slowly sub him in each match. My first seasons with the Craig turns out good, He makes 12 appearances (11 subs) 4 assists 1 Goal , 7.11 rating. I was dreaming during the pre-season, I was thinking this boy can play already i cant wait till hes 20. So i decide to scout the summer for players to suit him.. to play around him. I even made a tactic so he could maximize his play making just when he plays. Another season goes by. The boy is a beast..24 appearances(12 subs) 13 assists 5 goals, 7.94 rating. Injury's to my star strikers falters my playoff chances. Third season I believe its time for Craig to play every match, The boy is almost coming of age. OH CRAP HIS CONTRACT EXPIRING IN 3 MONTHS. i RUSH to offer him the best contract my team can afford, Key player highest wages at the club, Most goals Most Everything, I offer him everything he wants + 500% more.

He rejected a offer from Derby FC ....

At this point i was rushing to check when i last saved the game. Lucky for me i thought...I have a save just a few weeks back. I reloaded..

He rejected a offer from Derby fc

At this point i actually cried, I felt like my son just stabbed me in the back. The grief....then came the anger, I realized, screw derby i need to get the Blackburn job!, I wait and wait until i get my reputation high enough..2 years goes by..Blackburn do not sack there bloody Manager!!! Whats this..A offer from the scouse! The scum! i cant take the job! i cant!. I decide to take the scouse job.. Transfer budget 33Million. I sell half the Liverpool team, I make a budget of 77million. I put in a bid for former apprentice Mr Craig Clarkson...

"Fans welcome exciting new signing Clarkson".... I offer him maximum wages everything 5 years contract, Hes stuck with me. I put him in the under 18's. Hes not bothered, wtf? he does not complain . Ok time to change that, I fine him over and over and over until he begs for a transfer. After 3 years of Destroying Liverpool and Destroying the player i came to hate. I got sacked. Clarkson recently sold by Liverpool for 770k to Blackpool FC. 0 match's in 3 years, Injury every month. Was it wrong? yes, Was it evil? yes. Did i regret wasting so many hours and days doing this? NO, And I'll happily doing it again in FM2010 if anyone betrays me again

LOL! Love it.

on my current game, i'm using arsenal as i'm a gooner and in real life, i cant deny that i dislike a certain abou diabolical. Anyway, when i started as arsenal manager, it took me almost a season long to sell diaby for a decent amount (6 mil) despite having had to play him because mr denilson went off and broke his leg and was out for 6 months. During his stay under me, i did not criticise him, i never mistreated him as a player and in fact, i was very much supportive despite him being below par regularly. When the time came and he eventually left for stoke, i saw something along the lines of 'relief at Arsenal hell' in his press report and it made me insane, the bloody cheek of an under preforming useless good-for-almost-nothing player.

Come the prematch press interview, i was asked about diaby coming back to Arsenal and i replied 'i do not have the time of day for him'. The diabolical c**t was coming back and i desperate not to have him preform in the game and seeing that it was stoke, i put my tackling settings on hard and selected 'get stuck in' during the game because in the previous game, i was really banged around by their tackling. There must be line of code in the game designed to make the game ironic because in the 35 minute, the key match highlight screen popped up and i see diaby running with the ball. In comes sissoko and rather cynically, hacks the former down with two feet which is then proceeded by his red card. Right away, the word commentary says that diaby cannot continue anymore and i immediately click on diaby's profile. Underneath the smiling c**t's face, i see 'potential lower leg injury'. Now lets get it straight, i never intended for diaby to be injured, i never intended to injure any of the stoke players but i found this pretty ironic. Anyway, i won the game, after the game screen, i went to diaby's profile and i saw that he had a broken lower leg and that, is pretty much that.

Here's another revenge story, though it actually pertains to real life. I'm playing as Man United and faced Real in semi's of CL and won 3-3 on away goals (most heart stopping game -- won 2-0 at home, went to Bernabeau went up 1-0 and a man up and then Real went on ungodly tear and I was forced to play bunker ball as they scored 3, but Vidic put Ronaldo out). So CR7/9 -- wrong move buddy lol. Then I faced Barca in the CL finals. Beat them 2-1 with Rooney scoring the winning goal in injury time. Xavi was again MOM, but I said I didn't rate his performance and that made him mad. Revenge is sweet even on a computer screen.

Archived