Question about Sons

I would like to hope so, hamilton, but I'm yet to see it. Would like my own son in my Knockbreda game at some point too :mad:

I'd imagine it could happen, but the chances would be rare considering that the chances of having a son are around 10,000/1. I'm just wondering if someone from SI could confirm whether it can happen :)

Hope you get a son soon at Knockbreda Nep :thup:

More like 100,000,000/1 isn't it?

Actually, unless SI have accounted for the fact, it's still only 10,000:1 as the 2 situations are mutually exclusive.

This is of course if the original odds are 10,000:1 (also getting 2 sons appearing, with birthdays within 9 months (but more than a day) would be a tad freaky.

More like 100,000,000/1 isn't it?

That's what I make it, being that the chance of having one son is (sad to be around) 10,000 to 1, so the chance of having 2 sons is 10,000 x 10,000 to 1. That's how it works right? Or do I fail at maths?

Actually, unless SI have accounted for the fact, it's still only 10,000:1 as the 2 situations are mutually exclusive.

I don't think that's how cumulative probability works, but I may be mistaken. The two situations are not mutually exclusive...

Sucks, I think the chance should be 1:1... as long as you play long enough.. It sucks that this happens so rarely... it should be just a normal part of the game..

But then it wouldn't feel so "special" would it? And those of us who have had sons wouldn't have bragging rights over everyone else :p

That's what I make it, being that the chance of having one son is (sad to be around) 10,000 to 1, so the chance of having 2 sons is 10,000 x 10,000 to 1. That's how it works right? Or do I fail at maths?

I don't think that's how cumulative probability works, but I may be mistaken. The two situations are not mutually exclusive...

Why aren't they mutually exclusve.. Does a virtual child prevent further virtual nookie with your virtual wife / girlfriend / sex slave?

Why aren't they mutually exclusve.. Does a virtual child prevent further virtual nookie with your virtual wife / girlfriend / sex slave?

They aren't mutually exclusive because one outcome does not exclude the other. If you have one son, it does not exclude you having another son.

Mutually exclusive means that having one outcome means you cannot have the other. For example in a single coin toss, there are two possible outcomes, heads or tails. These two outcomes are mutually exclusive because each one excludes the other. If you flip heads, you cannot flip tails etc.

They aren't mutually exclusive because one outcome does not exclude the other. If you have one son, it does not exclude you having another son.

Mutually exclusive means that having one outcome means you cannot have the other. For example in a single coin toss, there are two possible outcomes, heads or tails. These two outcomes are mutually exclusive because each one excludes the other. If you flip heads, you cannot flip tails etc.

The question wasn't aimed at you.. It should have been 'Why are they mutually exclusive?'

Moron alert (points at self) ;)

bearing in mind you've managed to get an 80,000 or so stadium, a player to score over 100 goals in a season, a player to increase literally every stat by at least 7 in their first year as a footballer, had a son, won every game in a season etc, if anyone is going to get a 'second son' it will be you...

Archived