dafuge challenge the new era

in Fm10 will dafuge challenge take on a new level with the challenge trying to take a team from the unibond premier to the premiership? You know with the new editor. i think it will be awesome starting at the 7,8 tier of england its going to create a whole new dimension to the game i think

I'm sure there will be such a challenge, and instead of unibond premier, I want to play NWCFL First Division to manage AFC liverpool and try to as succesful as afc wimbledon. I also like to try Eccellenza, Oberliga, Tercera División and CFA2. lol

Didn't dafuge say he was going to keep it the same as it is now as everyone could have completely different leagues set up.

One database would have to be made which adds in the lower league(s) and then everyone participating in the challenge would download that database (or download the created league(s), I'm not sure how it works), rather than everyone making their own

One database would have to be made which adds in the lower league(s) and then everyone participating in the challenge would download that database (or download the created league(s), I'm not sure how it works), rather than everyone making their own

Yeah I know how that works but I think Dafuge said he would just use the default leagues.

The thing is, even at tier seven, that is 10 leagues from England. Down to tier 8, you have 16. It needs to be accesible for those whose PC's couldn't handle that.

maybe two challenges so one with default and one with extra leagues but thats not up to me thats up to the man himself dafuge of course

This is all being considered still and no final decision can really be made until I've had a chance to test it out and see how it works.

One thing that will happen is that everybody will be using the same set-up, this has been a feature ever since the challenge started in 2006 and it will remain that way.

While managing a tier 10 club sounds great, you have to consider the restrictions that adding that many leagues will take on the game. To complete the challenge you need to complete an absolute minimum of 8 seasons, with a lot of people completing a lot more (I'm on 20, some people a lot more than that). Adding lots more extra leagues will affect processing time so it needs to be kept realistic and you have to remember that the further down you go, the more divisions there are in each tier. The other problem is that the further down you go, the more sparse the research is. This challenge promotes the research work that our non league researchers do and I want to keep it that way.

Currently, we start playing in the BSN/S which gives us a chance to manage one of 66 new clubs from the three feeder leagues. This means we are loading 7 leagues.

By adding tier 7 (UniBond, Zamaretto and Ryman Premier Leagues) we would be loading 10 leagues instead, giving us a chance to manage one of 132 new clubs.

Adding tier 8 would mean loading 16 leagues, with a choice of 290 new teams.

Adding tier 9 would mean loading 30 leagues, with a choice of 310 teams.

It is still up for testing and discussion but I think adding tier 7 looks the most realistic option. I would love to go down to tier 8 as my local club is in tier 9, but by more than doubling the number of leagues I think it would have a big impact on the speed of the game, which I prefer to be as quick as possible.

Just checked, they are tier nine, which would involve loading 30 leagues in total from England, do-able for some but for most you would want to load up to tier eight and re-load until they are promoted by the AI.

Presumably just bumping up their reputation a little would ensure they get promotions to the lowest league you can handle.

I think one extra tier would be sufficient in providing many more teams without having to much of a negative affect on speed and other issues. And i hope the game will be better at varying the teams that are promoted from unplayable leagues over time, rather than reputation ensuring the same set of teams continually go up and down.

I think one extra tier would be sufficient in providing many more teams without having to much of a negative affect on speed and other issues. And i hope the game will be better at varying the teams that are promoted from unplayable leagues over time, rather than reputation ensuring the same set of teams continually go up and down.

Yeah i really hope this will be the case to man, i've reloaded over 600 times to try and get Bashley Town with no luck whatsoever, its very frustating

Archived