Football Manager Live - Free trial offer

Might try this out.

Do you need more of a man of a computer to handle this compared to FM? Because mine can hardly handle FM09

Nope, it's way less system-intensive than FM09. My computer could barely run FM09 but runs FML perfectly, no lag at all.

Do I have to buy the game first? :D

If you sign up for the offer, you do have to enter your credit card details should you wish to keep playing past the 21 days. After the 21 days passes, it'll automatically run onto a normal subscription, and you're free to cancel anytime before the 21 days is up. There will be a £1 "test" fee (they take £1 and then immediately place it back to make sure your credit/debit card "works").

I'm on the Papin gameworld, but I haven't even got into the trial yet, need some time when I've definitely got nothing else happening at the moment.

If you sign up for the offer, you do have to enter your credit card details should you wish to keep playing past the 21 days. After the 21 days passes, it'll automatically run onto a normal subscription, and you're free to cancel anytime before the 21 days is up. There will be a £1 "test" fee (they take £1 and then immediately place it back to make sure your credit/debit card "works").

I'm on the Papin gameworld, but I haven't even got into the trial yet, need some time when I've definitely got nothing else happening at the moment.

Me too !

I am the mighty kendra XD

Tempted to sign up to this to see what all the fuss about the new tactical system is....

Is the tactical system totally accessible from the start? Or do you have to unlock it? Anyone know?

It's there for everyone to use.

I mean, do you need the game disk to play?

its alright, but i was hooked after someone challenged me to a friendly, i was 2-0 down, i adjusted the tactics and dugout tactics i won 3-2, what a way for the game to pull me in!!

Yeh we'll get it changed back now;)

I'm logging in with my SEGA Pass on the website, I've created a team name and picked a game world, but when I click continue, it says that 'This email address is already being used". Well, it's not, because it's my SEGA Pass and I don't have an FML account (I created one at launch, but never entered credit card details or anything - I can cancelled it), so it's not in use.

It's weird it's saying that it's in use when I've logged in with it - it's kind of obvious it's in use because I'm using it right then.

I'm logging in with my SEGA Pass on the website, I've created a team name and picked a game world, but when I click continue, it says that 'This email address is already being used". Well, it's not, because it's my SEGA Pass and I don't have an FML account (I created one at launch, but never entered credit card details or anything - I can cancelled it), so it's not in use.

It's weird it's saying that it's in use when I've logged in with it - it's kind of obvious it's in use because I'm using it right then.

I think if you ever registered using that email address it will be recorded as used for an FML account.

Getting another email addie is as easy as falling out of bed, I'm sure you'll have no problems if you do that.

I think if you ever registered using that email address it will be recorded as used for an FML account.

Getting another email addie is as easy as falling out of bed, I'm sure you'll have no problems if you do that.

Why is it asking for billing details (credit card/paypal/code)? Isn't it suppose to be free? I can't setup my free trial as it asks me to pay.. Do you get a subscription code or what?

Why is it asking for billing details (credit card/paypal/code)? Isn't it suppose to be free? I can't setup my free trial as it asks me to pay.. Do you get a subscription code or what?

You subscribe for your chosen period but the first 21 days are free and if you cancel within that 21 days there are no charges.

The team name you choose becomes your unique identifier.

I assume it's done this way to ensure people can only take up one free offer, or at least only one for each credit card they hold.

Regarding Paypal , how does the recurring occurs then?

If you pay by that method how can they recharge the fee every month? Do you have to give your paypal details?

You basically log into your PayPal account and agree to the statement "That SEGA can debit what ever amount corresponds to the subscription option you select on sign-up from your PayPal account when your free 21 days is up" unless you cancel obviously.

On a side issue, thanks for the heads up of this offer anyhow, diden't exactly take to the LIVE game during the BETA stage although i'm willing to give it 3 weeks of abuse to see if I can begin to like it. Gracias.

Regarding Paypal , how does the recurring occurs then?

If you pay by that method how can they recharge the fee every month? Do you have to give your paypal details?

You basically log into your PayPal account and agree to the statement "That SEGA can debit what ever amount corresponds to the subscription option you select on sign-up from your PayPal account when your free 21 days is up" unless you cancel obviously.

On a side issue, thanks for the heads up of this offer anyhow, diden't exactly take to the LIVE game during the BETA stage although i'm willing to give it 3 weeks of abuse to see if I can begin to like it. Gracias.

i challenge the people of fm09 to try this as you won't be dissapointed, i only signed up 3 months ago and you just have to look at my signiture to see how addicted i am :)

I dont want to try it as I dont want to rent or have a subscription game.

They could give 6 months subs free and I still wouldnt try it, if you dont try it, you cant miss it.

Looks like you have some problems with your website. Every time I try to join a gameworld I get this error:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/FML_LIVE/sega/classes/fmlivenew/FMLUtils.class.php on line 68
Could not execute query:SELECT COUNT(*) FROM game_world_static_data WHERE game_world_id=508

And there are sql errors all over the site.

marc duffy or any1 that can help i think i have cocked up and added about 3 or 5 teams when i only wanted 1 please can some1 help me to delete them all so i can start all over again i hope some1 can help so sorry for any inconvenience

Too expensive.

84 quid for 12 months!

Just been reading that the game has advertising placed inside it too.

You guys must be making a fortune

You're underestimating how much it costs to run a MMO. :p

Compared to other MMO's on the market, FML is priced lower (than most).

• 2 weeks later...
come on people sign up for a trial, its well worth giving it a go, its already a great game, lots of new stuff planned for the future as well which is all included in your subscription price if you do decide to sign up, join gameworld Fowler! :thup:

I agree, I was very unsure but signed up today and can't switch off, haven't won yet but who cares, I love the fact I am learning a whole new ball game!

• 1 month later...

Once another way to access the free trial comes out (without giving credit card details etc, since i dont have one) then i will definitely be trying it out. Thing is, if it is good, i will find a way to pay to play it no matter what. Just need to try it out first :(

Archived