Has anyone ever won a ultimatum?

I've never actually risked it. Unless you actually know the chairman's stats, there's every chance he could be one of those short-tempered gits that regardless what you've acheived, gives you the boot. If I were to issue an ultimatum and stamp my feet about an issue, then I would be sure to save the game first, just so I didn't squander several seasons work at a club over a simple button press. ;)

Use to work in past editions when you have performed well with the club. However 09 does not seem to properly remember your success with the team, for example your job security goes back to stable at the start of each season. Much more likely to be successful with an ultimatum if your status if world class manager.

Use to work in past editions when you have performed well with the club. However 09 does not seem to properly remember your success with the team, for example your job security goes back to stable at the start of each season. Much more likely to be successful with an ultimatum if your status if world class manager.

This alone is complete tosh.

Not what you said; but the mere fact that it happens.

why? Every manager is judged more or less on a season with the odd exception to that rule. for example rafa could win the CL and league one year and lose the first 15 games of the next season. Of course he will get sacked.

On CM01/02, I was managing Manchester United. After finishing my first season in fourth, and winning absolutely nothing, I'd guided the team to mid-table half way though my second season. Amazingly the board were pleased with my management of the club so I decided to try and get myself sacked.

First I instructed Barthez to make forward runs when we lost possession. This resulted in a 32-0 defeat to Blackburn Rovers which catapulted Marcus Bent to the top of the Premier League scoring charts. My next game was a 54-0 defeat to Ajax in the CL with Matija Kezman scoring over 40 goals.

The board appeared to be completely indifferent to these results so I started demanding more transfer funds even though I'd already wasted the money they'd given me. They insisted that I already had enough money so at this point a I handed in an ultimatum. The board said they wouldn't give me any more money, but they wouldn't sack me either so I did it again with the same result. After about 30 or so ultimatums they finally caved and gave me the money!

I did on FM 07 - with regards to updating the training facilities. IIRC, in another FM 07 save I gave an ultimatum to the board regarding youth facilities - they rejected it but said they wouldn't remove me as manager.

rubbish!

they always do.

It goes down one notch, not always to stable :)

Yes, on 01/02.

I had taken Billericay Town to the Premier League and after three previous ground expansions, I asked for a fourth. The board refused. I issued an ultimatum. The board said that due to overwhelming fan support, they would overlook my outburst this once.

Three days later they announced a stadium expansion of 4000 to 22,500. :)

rubbish!

they always do.

Actually mate - on that occassion they surprisingly didn't remove me as manager even though they rejected the ultimatum I made. Perhaps you called it 'rubbish' was because you have never encountered this before and not many people have - it possibly happens once in a blue moon? ;).

I just loaded up my game just before reading this thread so I thought 'What the hell, I may aswell try it!' I'm on £72,000 p/w and have 4 years remaining on my contract. I asked to expand the stadium, the board say 'No chance!' so I issued an Ultimatum. Result.......sacked haha! ;)

it comes about after asking for a new stadium.

every time its too small every time i ask for a new ground they say no i issue the ultimatem and booooooom

im out of a job

6 times ive issued 6 times ive been sacked

erm dont ulitmatem then.

it comes about after asking for a new stadium.

every time its too small every time i ask for a new ground they say no i issue the ultimatem and booooooom

im out of a job

6 times ive issued 6 times ive been sacked

Do you not have a feedback mechanism?

Archived